AOS/EAD Timelines

didn't see this thread B)

Posted: Dec 28 2003, 11:53 PM

my timeline as of 12-28-03:

11-28-03 cleared customs/immigration

12-02-03 ssn application submitted

12-17-03 ssn card received

12-18-03 ead application sent to vsc (vermont)

12-22-03 aos application (i-485, i-130, etc) sent to norfolk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of October file AOS and EAD by mail in Portland.

Fingerprint fee returned about a week later.

1/20/04 received receipt for AOS (estimate is 9 months to complete).

1/22/04 appointment for EAD.

Glad you have appointment Don. We obtained EAD fairly quickly as well. Around 85 days or so. AOS is another matter entirely. Your nine month estimate makes me envious, considering our 36 month estimate. Maybe the folks in Portland could come down to Atlanta and give a few classes. At the rate they are working, Atlanta will take a decade minimum to get around to us. :) :V: :redblob:

My wife has a fingerprinting appointment for the I-485 in the last week of January and the EAD appointment in the first week of Feburary. It says on the receipt letter that with an A-number, an EAD card will be issued in 30 days.

I'm not sure if she will have to be fingerprinted again for the EAD or not.

Date entered country - 4/11/03

Type of visa - K1

Marriage date - 4/16/03

Date received SSN - 6/17/03

Date filed AOS/EAD - AOS 6/03, EAD filed and received same date 6/03

Filed in person

Where filed - Fresno, CA

EAD granted on same day filed 6/03

Fingerprinted 12/03

Greencard interview scheduled for 1/30/04

CA ID applied since 6/03 but still haven't received it yet! They said they have to check it with BICS even though we showed them all the available documents (passport, SS card, EAD, marriage certificate and so on). Stupid system!

• 3 weeks later...

Received notice from BCIS Atlanta to report to Birmingham, AL on Feb. 20 for fingerprinting. Do tell.

Been in the country for 10 and a half months and finally decide they need fingerprints.

Still no word on AOS. :D

But at least someone must be aware of our case as we did get the aforementioned letter. So its off to B'ham on the 20th.

Mick,

I believe we were on a similar AOS time line. We filed in late April 2003. We just had the AOS interview today (12th) after 10 months of waiting. I don't understand the finger prints as my wife had her's done three weeks after the AOS filing. We filed an EAD at the same time as the AOS. But, you know about all the BS of every field office on different time schedules. The man said today that we could have had the AOS interview alot sooner if we would have been willing to go to Anchorage instead of waiting till they came to Juneau. Thanks a lot you SOB, why in the hell didn't you send a letter saying we could come to Anchorage. We've only been up there twice since we filed. Be patient and bide your time. I'm sure when the AOS interview is over for you you'll come away with the same attitude I've got right now, kiss my butt, my wife is now a bonifide resident, just try to take her away.

Arrived K-1 Visa 2/4/03

Applied for Temp EAD 2/7/03-Received same day

Applied for SSN 2/12/03 Received 2/19/03

Filed AOS & EAD Card 4/24/03

Received EAD Card good for one year 4/24/03

Fingerprinted 5/1/03

AOS Interview 11/3/03

Recomended Approval, still waiting pending last name/security check

Mick,                                                                                                                    At least you know they are thinking of you and have not forgot you in their giant stack of paper work. How is Li doing ?

Li is doing fine, 27 weeks along now. Belly really big. Pretty easy to feel the little lady kicking now. So far, all is well thank God. And thanks for asking Tine. Hope all is well with you, Ella, and the family.

• 2 weeks later...

A big congrats to you guys Don! Amazing how fast things proceed in Oregon. Atlanta still processing 2001 AOS cases.

Anyway, now sit back and enjoy the time where all you have to do is wait rather than deal with more forms, hassles, double-talk and the like.

A big congrats to you guys Don! Amazing how fast things proceed in Oregon. Atlanta still processing 2001 AOS cases.

Anyway, now sit back and enjoy the time where all you have to do is wait rather than deal with more forms, hassles, double-talk and the like.

Yes,

That is so quick. Congrats to Don. Our interview will be 3/25/04. I will need to gather evidence of relationship. Thanks for the tips.