Over before it began...

Haha thanks everyone. Now my buddy Phil is having problems purchasing a one-way ticket home for his lady. They got approved and all but the American Airline company is telling them that they must purchase a round-trip ticket. I told him that I haven't heard of it and his lady is saying "no problem we just buy from chinese company one-way". Will they run into any problems with her at the airport or with immigration only having a one-way for her? To force them to spend almost double on a round trip would be such a waste of money.

Haha thanks everyone. Now my buddy Phil is having problems purchasing a one-way ticket home for his lady. They got approved and all but the American Airline company is telling them that they must purchase a round-trip ticket. I told him that I haven't heard of it and his lady is saying "no problem we just buy from chinese company one-way". Will they run into any problems with her at the airport or with immigration only having a one-way for her? To force them to spend almost double on a round trip would be such a waste of money.

That is completely bogus Zach. An individual at American Airlines is giving your buddy bogus info. AA does not have such a policy in place. They should be able to purchase a one way ticket for her. Ask to speak to a supervisor or just go to another agency.

Zachary,

It's good to know you didn't have to use 'the invincible claw of fear' on the VO :unsure:

I was impressed by your ability to speak Mandarin so confidently and your rapport with Lychee in the brief time I saw the two of you. I think that had the VOs had a chance to step into your lives (and that of many others here) and see how some people interrelate, it would strongly reaffirm that you are a bona fide couple.

Congratulations on your pink slip! Maybe you will see Sunshine picking up hers tomorrow. (I am in Tokyo now, already flying back to the USA).

As far as the one-way ticket goes, the round-trip rule is not true at all. There are many agencies that will issue a one-way ticket and you won't have any problems once you arrive in the USA, as others have already said. I know we have made one-way reservations with United Airlines, and they didn't mention any round trip requirement at all.

ILS

I hope you finally got a one-way ticket?? For everyone else, United will allow one-way tickets and US Air normally does as well. Not sure where you are in Virginia, but I used to fly into Richmond and New Port News on United all the time! :blink: