OK, WHO'S STILL WAITING FOR INTERVIEW?

I know there are still a few of us waiting for interview dates and P4

to arrive. Have you had any luck with DOS? I keep getting the same

thing, "not reviewed yet".

I am on pins and needles now, not only because of this, but because

Li's father is sick in the hospital, and it has been hard to communicate

with her during this time. I guess the Chinese stay at the hospital the entire time one of their family members is in the hospital. (probably

not a bad idea). I have sent e-mails to her as usual, but she is not at home to reply to them. I have tried to call, and keep having trouble getting through. I dont want to be a pest. I want her to know that I am here for her, and I told her if she wants me to be there now, I will come, but then I couldnt be there for her interview.... :unsure:

I asked her in my last e-mail, what do you want me to do?

Maybe it's just me over reacting, but we have been waiting all year for this time to come, and now this has to happen. Thanks to those who

have sent their wishes and prayers. You guy's are all I got right now.

Thanks, Ron

but because

with her during this time. I guess the Chinese stay at the hospital the entire time one of their family members is in the hospital. (probably

not a bad idea). I have sent e-mails to her as usual, but she is not at home to reply to them. I have tried to call, and keep having trouble getting through. I dont want to be a pest. I want her to know that I am here for her, and I told her if she wants me to be there now, I will come, but then I couldnt be there for her interview.... :unsure:

Maybe it's just me over reacting, but we have been waiting all year for this time to come, and now this has to happen. Thanks to those who

Thanks, Ron

You have got to relax. :( There is not a thing you could do at the Chinese hospital to help her. Most likely you would be in the way and she would have to worry about caring for you too. Yes, it is very common for them to spend the entire time with the person in the hospital. They will go outside and bring them food and water and help with the WC and making sure the doctor and nurse will come in and look at them. It is nothing like the hospitals here in the US. It is most likely so noisy she can't talk clearly on the phone to you and does not want another hearing her speak English (hence she maybe has more money to pay the hospital then becasue she maybe has a rich USA husband).

Don't make her choose between you coming now or the interview. She is a grown woman and knows what is best to do in China and her city, just follow her lead and you will be fine. Catch up on some sleep or work some overtime. When the time is correct, she will get ahold of you. :huh:

Hang in there, Buddy.

I am with you and I know how frustrated you are. I have been calling DOS EVERYDAY (hope that can make a difference) and get the same answer as you (have not been able to talk to that nice lady again. I talked to a very rude lady yesterday :unsure: ). I am praying for both of us can get the interview date soon and Li's dad will recover soon.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thanks my Friend!

ya, I think I talked to that rude lady the other day.

Are we the only ones left to get an interview date?

but because

Thanks, Ron

You have got to relax. :( There is not a thing you could do at the Chinese hospital to help her. Most likely you would be in the way and she would have to worry about caring for you too. Yes, it is very common for them to spend the entire time with the person in the hospital. They will go outside and bring them food and water and help with the WC and making sure the doctor and nurse will come in and look at them. It is nothing like the hospitals here in the US. It is most likely so noisy she can't talk clearly on the phone to you and does not want another hearing her speak English (hence she maybe has more money to pay the hospital then becasue she maybe has a rich USA husband).

Don't make her choose between you coming now or the interview. She is a grown woman and knows what is best to do in China and her city, just follow her lead and you will be fine. Catch up on some sleep or work some overtime. When the time is correct, she will get ahold of you. :huh:

Thanks! I needed that.

but because

not a bad idea). I have sent e-mails to her as usual, but she is not at home to reply to them. I have tried to call, and keep having trouble getting through. I dont want to be a pest. I want her to know that I am here for her, and I told her if she wants me to be there now, I will come, but then I couldnt be there for her interview.... :roller:

Thanks, Ron

You have got to relax. :sosad: There is not a thing you could do at the Chinese hospital to help her. Most likely you would be in the way and she would have to worry about caring for you too. Yes, it is very common for them to spend the entire time with the person in the hospital. They will go outside and bring them food and water and help with the WC and making sure the doctor and nurse will come in and look at them. It is nothing like the hospitals here in the US. It is most likely so noisy she can't talk clearly on the phone to you and does not want another hearing her speak English (hence she maybe has more money to pay the hospital then becasue she maybe has a rich USA husband).

Don't make her choose between you coming now or the interview. She is a grown woman and knows what is best to do in China and her city, just follow her lead and you will be fine. Catch up on some sleep or work some overtime. When the time is correct, she will get ahold of you. :hump:

Well said Mike and Rong. Your words are perfect and I know will comfort our friend in need.

I am waiting too, I just call once a week, my fiance called the embassy and they said our packet 3 was recieved and they are doing the background check. We have to be patient is all, shouldn't be long now. I am really hoping before Christmas, wouldn't it be nice to ring in the new year with our SO's.

I think you'll both hear something soon. My guess would be on, or before the first of November, they'll have a date for you. Hang in there!

Thanks Michael. Hope to hear the good news from you too :). Go get that PINK next month. They have it ready for you!!

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

God I hope so. Thank you so much for the nice wishes. November 19 is making for a tight timeframe to get her here for Christmas. Our tree will remain bare until she arrives!

I do feel srtrongly about the end/beginning of the month and GUZ assigning following months interview dates. That's what I have seen and experienced.

Good luck to you too and please tell us how you are doing!!

Thanks everyone, I have had some time to think about everything

you have said, and your all right. All we can do now is wait. The process is slow, and that's not gonna change anytime soon. I have to have more faith in Li, and keep some of my feelings to myself. Li is an amazing woman. When I stop and think about how lucky I am, I feel

truly blessed. I have to try an think more like the Chinese;

She is a great woman, a great daughter, and will be a great wife.

:bop:

you have said, and your all right. All we can do now is wait. The process is slow, and that's not gonna change anytime soon. I have to have more faith in Li, and keep some of my feelings to myself. Li is an amazing woman. When I stop and think about how lucky I am, I feel

We ARE lucky. A day does not go by when I remind myself of that. Fang once called herself a "lucky dog" for having met me. (very cute). In fact, it is ME that is the lucky dog!

Hang in there my friend.

Hang in there, Buddy.

I am with you and I know how frustrated you are. I have been calling DOS EVERYDAY (hope that can make a difference) and get the same answer as you (have not been able to talk to that nice lady again. I talked to a very rude lady yesterday :bop: ). I am praying for both of us can get the interview date soon and Li's dad will recover soon.

Man, those were the days. Frustrating calls that just drove me up the wall. You'll eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just a side note, if you truly want to help, surprise her by sending some money and just tell her to go pick it up at Western Union.

Not unlike our own system, the quality of medical/hospital care is dependent on what you can afford. Of course, just a little of your money can make an amazing difference in her father's care. And, would say tons about you.

Hang in there. It will soon be over. The two of you will be better and stronger from it.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Just a side note, if you truly want to help, surprise her by sending some money and just tell her to go pick it up at Western Union.

Not unlike our own system, the quality of medical/hospital care is dependent on what you can afford. Of course, just a little of your money can make an amazing difference in her father's care. And, would say tons about you.

Hang in there. It will soon be over. The two of you will be better and stronger from it.

You can wire money from a Bank of America account (if you have one) to a ÖЇø½¨ÔOãyÐÐ account for free if it's less then $3000.00.

We ARE lucky. A day does not go by when I remind myself of that. Fang once called herself a "lucky dog" for having met me. (very cute). In fact, it is ME that is the lucky dog!

Hang in there my friend.

You said it, Michael.

Lulu told me she wants to change her name to Lucky :bop:. I am sorry that we may not be able to make it to your party at GUZ. Hopefully we can meet one day in the States. :yahoo:

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Edited by hi5pro (see edit history)

Hang in there my friend.

You said it, Michael.

Lulu told me she wants to change her name to Lucky :bop:. I am sorry that we may not be able to make it to your party at GUZ. Hopefully we can meet one day in the States. :yahoo:

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Hope to see you all joining us at a California gathering someday soon. :yahoo: