Pictures that ever moved the whole China...

What can be done.

I've been informed that no one here wants to see pics like these.That even showing them is a kind of China bashing... :blink: I am a major league China Love Fester here but anyone would have to be blind, deaf and dumb to not realize that China has tremendous human

problems. I have witnessed enough scenes similar to the pics here to know that these are not unusual occurences. This IS China just as the glitter and glitz of the major cities is. Perhaps it's one of the reasons I find China so fascinating, the tremendous dichotomy of life there. The scope of things you will see is so much broader in human terms than what we have in the US. "What can be done?" as Joanne asks... :unsure: Very little by each of us... :( I would give up my seat to the woman holding a baby on the bus and I bet every guy here would do the same. But most of the issues of poverty, unfairness, etc. are so deeply rooted that our random acts of kindness can't go very far. It's up to China to solve these issues and I can only hope it will be in a peaceful manner... :ph34r:

What can be done.

I've been informed that no one here wants to see pics like these.That even showing them is a kind of China bashing... :blink: I am a major league China Love Fester here but anyone would have to be blind, deaf and dumb to not realize that China has tremendous human

problems. I have witnessed enough scenes similar to the pics here to know that these are not unusual occurences. This IS China just as the glitter and glitz of the major cities is. Perhaps it's one of the reasons I find China so fascinating, the tremendous dichotomy of life there. The scope of things you will see is so much broader in human terms than what we have in the US. "What can be done?" as Joanne asks... :unsure: Very little by each of us... :( I would give up my seat to the woman holding a baby on the bus and I bet every guy here would do the same. But most of the issues of poverty, unfairness, etc. are so deeply rooted that our random acts of kindness can't go very far. It's up to China to solve these issues and I can only hope it will be in a peaceful manner... :ph34r:

I always want to reach out and do my share. I do small things which is hardly effective in anyway. I wish to be strong enough to be able to help without becoming part of the scene, or another similar scene. I certainly don't enjoy thoses photos. Painful to look at.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I've been informed that no one here wants to see pics like these.That even showing them is a kind of China bashing... :ph34r: I am a major league China Love Fester here but anyone would have to be blind, deaf and dumb to not realize that China has tremendous human

problems.

It's not bashing to show the truth, and while a single picture does not speak the truth, most of us have seen these things while in China. Let's not forget that we have serious problems right here though, especially with crime.

I think it's important to temper these sorts of things by looking at both sides. China in no way is ignoring their problems. They are dealing with them, but are open to wide criticism for not working fast enough for some of the more militant groups. Images of difficult life in the US are available every single day. Perhaps we can post some of those too. Oh wait, I saw some of Roger and Trigg in the gallery.

:unsure:

What can be done.

problems. I have witnessed enough scenes similar to the pics here to know that these are not unusual occurences. This IS China just as the glitter and glitz of the major cities is. Perhaps it's one of the reasons I find China so fascinating, the tremendous dichotomy of life there. The scope of things you will see is so much broader in human terms than what we have in the US. "What can be done?" as Joanne asks... :blink: Very little by each of us... :( I would give up my seat to the woman holding a baby on the bus and I bet every guy here would do the same. But most of the issues of poverty, unfairness, etc. are so deeply rooted that our random acts of kindness can't go very far. It's up to China to solve these issues and I can only hope it will be in a peaceful manner... :)

These pictures are heartbreaking. This is the China that many of us don't see. When Lao Po talks of the countryside, this is the life she is talking about, something most of us will never understand. (When I first talked of building a home in the "country", she was shocked, not understanding how anyone could want to live in a small brick hut with no heat, and no running water.)

The change is coming. The challenge to be faced is how to quickly bring the poor up to a decent lifestyle. I think the people and the country are up to the task.

http://talk.robertmao.com/2007/09/23/pictu...he-whole-china/

I know Dennis posted some pics a while back and I hope these are not the same ones... :blink: But even if they are they're worth looking at again... :)

Interesting. My wife showed me these exact same images but from another Chinese website--no English captions--a while back. I'm glad to see someone translated the captions to English and posted the images again.

Many of those image are just so sad. It makes me cry. :blink: The photos of the young poor (18+, I don't mean 5 years olds) don't bother me as much as the photos of old folks begging on the streets. I just don't think it's right for any society--be it China or US--to have senior citizens begging out on the streets. It just isn't right. I suppose that bothers me as much as it bothers many others to see a 10 year old working in a sweat shop.

One needn't go to China to see such things. Go to any inner city American ghetto. Poverty isn't restricted to 'other places' only.

Sure you can see lots of poverty in America but you cannot see anyone working under the inhumane, difficult and often very dangerous working conditions that you see in China... :blink:

Seen this before all over the net in Chinese websites. China is a world of two peoples.

Other than shedding a few tears, what can we or should we do? This world is never fair or we may have to go back to Mao time and all live like that.

We don't have any reason to appologize. I lived through hard times like that too! We work hard like crazy for every dime we earn as well. If any one should feel bad, it is the government officials who, almost without exception, take bribes. If those exact poor people don't take any action, so be it. I am not going to fly economy or stay at 4 star hotels because there are some poor souls starving out there. Sorry if I sound heartless or mad. Just read the next post in that post, one guy asked if the pictures were taken by Fa Long Gong members! For ignorant people, they deserve it.

What can be done.

problems. I have witnessed enough scenes similar to the pics here to know that these are not unusual occurences. This IS China just as the glitter and glitz of the major cities is. Perhaps it's one of the reasons I find China so fascinating, the tremendous dichotomy of life there. The scope of things you will see is so much broader in human terms than what we have in the US. "What can be done?" as Joanne asks... :blink: Very little by each of us... :( I would give up my seat to the woman holding a baby on the bus and I bet every guy here would do the same. But most of the issues of poverty, unfairness, etc. are so deeply rooted that our random acts of kindness can't go very far. It's up to China to solve these issues and I can only hope it will be in a peaceful manner... :)

These pictures are heartbreaking. This is the China that many of us don't see. When Lao Po talks of the countryside, this is the life she is talking about, something most of us will never understand. (When I first talked of building a home in the "country", she was shocked, not understanding how anyone could want to live in a small brick hut with no heat, and no running water.)

The change is coming. The challenge to be faced is how to quickly bring the poor up to a decent lifestyle. I think the people and the country are up to the task.

My wife grew up in one of those small brick huts in rural Jiangxi without electricity, heat, and running water. I was totally shocked when she took me there to see it. For the life of me I can't even begin to imagine what she had to endure as a child and an unwanted female. She started working at the age of 7 so she could attend school. If she wanted something other than pig food to eat then she had to go find it out in the forest. She had to sleep on a concrete floor with only dried grass to keep her warm in the winter. I could go on and on but I have to stop now :o

http://talk.robertmao.com/2007/09/23/pictu...he-whole-china/

I know Dennis posted some pics a while back and I hope these are not the same ones... :blink: But even if they are they're worth looking at again... :)

Interesting. My wife showed me these exact same images but from another Chinese website--no English captions--a while back. I'm glad to see someone translated the captions to English and posted the images again.

Many of those image are just so sad. It makes me cry. :blink: The photos of the young poor (18+, I don't mean 5 years olds) don't bother me as much as the photos of old folks begging on the streets. I just don't think it's right for any society--be it China or US--to have senior citizens begging out on the streets. It just isn't right. I suppose that bothers me as much as it bothers many others to see a 10 year old working in a sweat shop.

We are lucky not to be experiencing unmeasurable suffering as depicted in the photos.

In China these people have no choice; here someone can work hard and get ahead. I still cannot understand why the little girl (10) that I offered to pay for her school did not take me up on it.

In the Nanjing paper they print pictures and info about kids each week who need help with school money. I guess I could have helped them. But then, I wonder why the govt can't do it if they are spending so much on the military and going to the moon.