Survivor China

Guest Rob & Jin

I watched the show from start to finish and I am not a TV guy!! I will be at the "Wall" by next week so those picture were very cool to me. I enjoyed the scenic shots and thought of the many places I have been in southern and middle China! It also made me think of my gorgeous SO and happy and sad at the same time. I will be with her within a week so it just made feel great I guess.

I was very surprised to see "Chicken" voted off the first week. I really thought the wrestler would be gone after doing nothing. But the men could just not vote off the wrestler with those large girls, they are just hoping they will get a look when she is tired!!

:P :D :blink: :D :D :P :D :blink:

Whats survivor china, travel show ?which channel- discovery or travel network ?

I watched the show from start to finish and I am not a TV guy!! I will be at the "Wall" by next week so those picture were very cool to me. I enjoyed the scenic shots and thought of the many places I have been in southern and middle China! It also made me think of my gorgeous SO and happy and sad at the same time. I will be with her within a week so it just made feel great I guess.

I was very surprised to see "Chicken" voted off the first week. I really thought the wrestler would be gone after doing nothing. But the men could just not vote off the wrestler with those large girls, they are just hoping they will get a look when she is tired!!

:P :D :blink: :( :) :D :) :)

Whats survivor china, travel show ?which channel- discovery or travel network ?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

Every Thurs from 8 to 9 PM at CBS TV.

As a big fan of Survivor, I have been waiting for months for Survivor China. The visuals were beautiful; The Wall, the landscapes, the temples.

The survivors were whacky though. It seemed they really didn¡¯t take the whole thing seriously. The guy Aaron says he wants to be the leader, but when the tribe selects him as their leader, he says he really doesn't want it. What a crock....

And speaking of crock....Dave is the biggest crock of s%!t on there. First he tells Ashley not to worry, being sick won't put her in danger of getting voted off, and then he actively lobbied other players to vote her off. Watch out for him.

Seems like Peih Gee has the most power....or at least influence, since she was the only one speaking out about chicken, but managed to generate enough votes to get him kicked off.

The challenge was pretty kool. I liked the Chinese dragon theme. It required several different skills to complete, and got everyone involved.

I am interested to see how they tie Sun Tzu's Art of War into the game this season. They will probably develop challenges related to different excerpts from the book.

Overall....I'm just happy a new Survivor season is underway.

Obie

Here is a link so you can watch it if you missed it. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

I particularly don't like the Christian radio lady or the skinny blonde. Both were very disrespectful of Chinese culture IMO.

Chicken was a colorful character. I liked him

I agree, the freak blond with the rings in the lip and the wacky broad that had to leave the welcoming ceremony because of her religious whatevers.........hopefully they'll get Maos revenge and have to leave before they're kicked out.

Yes, pretty scenery, but it'll get boring pretty quick.

My fiancee arrived Wednesday.

Thursday evening, we started to watch it.

The show is filmed in her home province of JiangXi.

She lost interest in it in 5 minutes and left the room.

I saw the first 15 minutes and then saw bits and pieces of it including the part where Chicken got kicked off.

I've been waiting 2 months to watch this show with her.

She finally reveals that she hates it.

I'm very sure that my household won't be watching it in the weeks to come.

I don't really watch TV or movies in China.

Yesterday sat on a flight (finally) out of Chengdu to Shanghai. A girl was sitting next to me and talking really loud on the phone before take off. Then after take off I was talking to a collegue and she wanted to go to sleep. She told me either to lower my voice or move to another seat (not a polite girl at all). After she fell aleep I thought about spitting in her water bottle, but did not do it.

Just before landing, a hostess came over to get a autograph and her assitant came over to first class. I realized that she may be some kind of famous person. Chatted with her and found out she was in TV and movies, gave her my phone number and got off. Later I asked my driver who this woman was. It turned out that she was considered the sexiest star in China now. I did not see it, though. Lucky I did not know before, or I would have definitely spitted in her water bottle and be able to brag about it.

What class were you flying?

Company policy, business class or if no business class available, first class.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Had taped it and watched it over the weekend.

I didn't see anything particularly disrespectful from the American contingent toward China, but I thought asking all the members of the American party to bow and pray in a Buddhist monastery was a profoundly STUPID idea! I thought the one blonde member who requested to be excused from the bowing was classy and well within her rights to do so. Also, the idiot host from the show tried to single her out by stating that her leaving might work against her.

I'm not a Christian, but it's over the top to ask anyone from any religious affiliation to behave in a manner as if they also worship another religion's god.

Apart from that, it looked like a good show. Chicken blew it by behaving like a child who gets his feelings hurt because no-one would pay attention to his input. Then, he takes on the personna that okay, if they don't want my input, I'll just stand back and watch them fail. He likely would have been more successful if he'd continued asserting himself and offering input and losing the "oh, poor me" thing when the group didn't like his ideas.

I didn't see anything particularly disrespectful from the American contingent toward China, but I thought asking all the members of the American party to bow and pray in a Buddhist monastery was a profoundly STUPID idea! I thought the one blonde member who requested to be excused from the bowing was classy and well within her rights to do so. Also, the idiot host from the show tried to single her out by stating that her leaving might work against her.

I'm not a Christian, but it's over the top to ask anyone from any religious affiliation to behave in a manner as if they also worship another religion's god.

Apart from that, it looked like a good show. Chicken blew it by behaving like a child who gets his feelings hurt because no-one would pay attention to his input. Then, he takes on the personna that okay, if they don't want my input, I'll just stand back and watch them fail. He likely would have been more successful if he'd continued asserting himself and offering input and losing the "oh, poor me" thing when the group didn't like his ideas.

I thought they pushed the temple a little much myself! ;) I went with my So to several temples in China, I was respectful and went inside to show respect. I did not get on my knees and pray though, and I told her exactly why. I told her that if we are to be married in a church you can only have one God. I am not super religous but I could not fake that part when we there, she understood and had no problem with it. Showing respect, but not being part of the service are two very different things. That was not just a welcome cermeony but a lot more, that part did upset me a bit!! B) :blink:

I thought they pushed the temple a little much myself! :redmad: I went with my So to several temples in China, I was respectful and went inside to show respect. I did not get on my knees and pray though, and I told her exactly why. I told her that if we are to be married in a church you can only have one God. I am not super religous but I could not fake that part when we there, she understood and had no problem with it. Showing respect, but not being part of the service are two very different things. That was not just a welcome cermeony but a lot more, that part did upset me a bit!! :shutup: ;)

Now that I actually got to see the complet episode, I am in agreement with the previous two posts.

I am a Christian. Happy and proud to be one. I never force my beliefs on anybody else. Everybody in this life has a choice to make. If you have made your choice that happens to be different from mine I accept you as you are.

At first glance I thought the temple visit was just a initial meeting place. I was wrong because the producers used it for their own gain. "To stir the pot" is a common idiom. They took something private and commericalized it. I've been to these types of temples. The artistry is beautiful. There are many buildings besides the one they filmed. They specifically filmed the building where they worship. The Chinese people that live there would never welcome guests in that building.

So what the host did is pick on and criticize the one person who stuck to their beliefs.

Any interest in a "Survivor Pool"?

Basically there are 15 players left on Survivor China, each member of the pool gets 1 to 3 players assigned to them randomly and when all your players are voted out.....your out.

Anyone interested should reply on here before Thursday's 8pm Eastern airing.

Obie

Guest ShaQuaNew

Any interest in a "Survivor Pool"?

Basically there are 15 players left on Survivor China, each member of the pool gets 1 to 3 players assigned to them randomly and when all your players are voted out.....your out.

Anyone interested should reply on here before Thursday's 8pm Eastern airing.

Obie

One of my co-workers passed the link around my office the other day for the Fantasy Survivor.

http://fantasysurvivor.net

Ah... so many thoughts.. where to begin...

Jesse, I'm a little surprised at your response above. I wouldn't have figured you'd take this position. This is a TV show. It's voluntary. No one forced any of the religious right to join the cast, nor forced any of them to go to China. This is not the US government, nor the Chinese government, forcing someone to bow down to Buddhism. It was all for the pomp and pageantry of the show. Frankly, I think that lady who came out of the Temple during the ceremony should have been categorically ejected from the game right then and there. That's great she can't bow in front of a Buddha statue and I respect her desire to not do so, but equally she should be kicked out of the game for not participating based on the rules of the show.

Now, having said that, I think they never should have had this temple ceremony to begin with, not because of anything to do with Buddhism, but because Survivor has NEVER began the show by having any kind of ceremony. They've always just dumped all the contestants somewhere isolated and immediately began the game. To the best of my knowledge, this was the very first time Survivor has done it this way. Completely inconsistent with how the show has always been and it's on this inconsistency that I think Survivor should not have started with this temple ceremony.

Carl, I agree with you that the NYC waitress was a complete bitch, but not only because she was so disrespectful during a solemn ceremony, but because she was a complete bitch to everyone else. Recall her remark about how she wouldn't be hanging around these kinds of people in NYC? She needs to get over herself and fast! I predict she'll be the first one canned from her group.

Regarding Chicken or the she-male wrestler, I'm saddened to see Chicken get kicked off because he was a pretty hard worker and the wrestler was just a lazy butt. It doesn't surprise me they didn't immediately kick off the lazy butt, but I suspect she'll go next.

PG was portrayed as being pretty bossy. Just like last seasons Survivor, another Chinese American--an architect I believe--was booted off because she was portrayed as being too bossy. What's up with Survivor portraying these older Chinese ladies as being so bossy? :mbounce:

I like the gravedigger. He seems like the strong, gentle type. I hope he goes far, but somehow I don't think he will. His inability to socially interact with the rest of his group will be his Achilles heel, I feel.

For this upcoming show, I really hope the bitchy NYC waitress is ejected. She's such a haughty bitch. So she's from NYC, big fracking deal! :mbounce: Did she forget she's just a waitress? She's not a fracking movie star or supermodel.

I'd like to hear more predictions of whose going to be canned on next episode or whose going to ultimately win.

BTW: I had my wife watch the first EP with me, but she wasn't very interested in the show either. She did say some of the scenery were very beautiful but overall wasn't interested much in the show.

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Here is a link so you can watch it if you missed it. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

I particularly don't like the Christian radio lady or the skinny blonde. Both were very disrespectful of Chinese culture IMO.

Chicken was a colorful character. I liked him

I agree with this also. My thoughts on the religous one was that if she needed to leave the ceremony, fine, but when asked about it she could say she was religous. :ph34r: NY was useless and being so anti-social, I would love to see the face of the other survivors when they sheard her comments on TV.

Chicken got what he deserved. After the group didn't listen to him at first he shut up and would not interact with the others. Not going to make an alliance with anyone acting that way.

And what about the grave digger just pushing that bamboo tree over. That is one buff dude! :hump: