PINK!!!!!PINK!!!!!!PINK�

Hello Everyone!

As you might have guessed from the header, we got the pink today!!! Aiwen was the FIRST interview of the day....our report follows this brief bit of news.....also, I'll explain why you should go to ACH if possible....it paid off like a overdue slot machine for us today!!!!

We arrived about 6:30.....Aiwen said she wanted to "be early"....okay with me, I was up by 0430 anyway, once awake I knew I could never get back to sleep on THIS day!

They didn't start letting us in until about 7:40.....we were near the front, and so got in fairly quickly. Aiwen's sister Minghong went with us, we waited in the coffee shop on the 4th floor. Our last view of Aiwen was her, with a big smile of confidence, toting our "kitchen sink" up the escalator to the 5th floor. The wait begins.....

She came out about 10:35.....turns out she was the first interview called for the day...what luck!!!! It gets better....the VO looked at her file, and said:"I know your fiance! We had a good talk yesterday here....you have a very well-prepared case! I wish everyone would do such a good job getting ready!" This is as word for word as I could get from Aiwen......WAIT IT GETS BETTER....we had the SAME VO as I had yesterday for ACH!!!!!! Young American VO, late 20's....very nice. He spoke good Mandarin, according to Aiwen. The interview was conducted in Mandarin, with Aiwen often answering in English or Chinese, as she felt capable of....how lucky can we get, getting the same VO???? This almost NEVER happens.....

Here's the interview:

Aiwen: Good morning, how are you today?(in English)

VO: I'm fine, thank you. Would you prefer to speak English or putongwha?

Aiwen: I speak some English, but I will understand you more quickly if we speak putongwha.

VO:(in good ptw):Good! Oh, I know your fiancee....we had a nice talk yesterday afternoon.....you case is well-ordered, I would like all my cases to be so easy.

Aiwen: Oh, you met my fiance? That's good!

VO: Yes, we met yesterday.

VO:(typing on computer)

VO: How did you come to know your fiancee?

Aiwen: We met on the internet.

VO: Which website?

Aiwen:(gives the name of the site)

VO: How many times has he come to China to see you?

Aiwen:3 times, he is here now, he's waiting for me downstairs.

VO: When did he first come?

Aiwen(answers, giving dates and length of stay)

VO: When did he come again?

Aiwen:(tells dates and length of 2nd visit)

VO: When did he visit you last, the 3rd time?

Aiwen:He arrived September 14th, he is here now. He's waiting on me downstairs in the coffee shop.

VO: May I see your passport, please?

Aiwen:(gives him both passports, he returns mine after a quick peek)

VO:(writes something on a post-it, sticks it to the PINK!!!!!) Congratulations, enjoy your trip to the United States! Please give your fiancee this note for me, thank you!

Aiwen: Thank you very much! Have a nice day!

VO: Bye!

THE NOTE:" Mr. Lunn--

Please tell the folks at CFL that visa officers really like to see w-2's(I couldn't find yours). Anyhow, congrats! "

I had tax transcripts.....W-2's not needed? I did have them, they were in the 4th folder in a clear holder, maybe he just didn't see them...anyway, we passed, that's all that counts!!! Oh, also, they took the I-134, employer letter, etc....all the financial stuff, when they opened the medical envelope(Chinese staff)...I had two copies so we still have one....this is new, I think...usually, the VO will ask for this stuff during the interview. Anyway, he only asked to see our pictures...("Nice pictures", he said...."You make a nice couple."), he didn't ask for ANYTHING ELSE.....he had already seen my "pile" at ACH anyway, maybe he figured it was moot....ha,ha....and he could see our stack of stuff and folders through the window....just the way we rehearsed.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Attend ACH if possible right before the interview, more than one time if you have the time. We got impossibly lucky and got the same VO both days.....I'm sure this made the interview easy, and approval quick. Then again, you never can tell with the Wiz of Guz.....all I can say is, I think it was a factor...I almost couldn't believe it myself....I'm still just 'trippin' , ha,ha....what a day!

She leaves, stops at the China Post desk, pays the 30 yuan fee, we'll pick up the VISA on Thursday. We won't pay for the reserved airline ticket until then....making sure we have the "real mccoy" in-hand before we pay.....just in case. Then, it's off to Zhaoqing and the family manse for some serious celebrating and bon voyage with the family and friends....we leave for the US next Tuesday the 25th.

As you might imagine, we are two very happy campers right now!!!!! Thanks to all of our friends here at CFL for all their help, love and support, we couldn't have endured this without you!

Thanks, to all of you, my friends, who sent so many good wishes and "vibes", and prayers our way! I wish for all of you to follow....."May the PINK be with you!!!!!"

Let the festivities begin!!!!

Steve

Edited by Steve and Aiwen (see edit history)

Steve,

:D :lol: :D YEA!!! :lol: :lol: :D

Much CONGRATS Steve.

Thanks for leading the way. There are a lot of good people in line right behind you. I never had one doubt of your "PINK" results. I'm glad to hear of your opinion of attending ACH. I hope you know that I lost sleep this early morning just to get up to find your results! You owe me one.

Now get packing and bring her home.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

A very happy Congratulations to you both!! ;)

Congratualtions! I'm very happy for you guys! I was at the same ACH session too. Did you sit at the far right side facing the windows? I sat at the middle row that day. If I had known it was you, I would have definitely said "hi". Again, congratulations and have a safe trip home!

Chen