communist party issues

:P hi to all!!! we are in need of answers!!!!! my wife and I have been to Guangzhou twice -- each time we get a blue sheet because my wife had to be a member of the cp for her job-- we have done all they asked it has been 5 more months and still no answers!! this is hurting her so so bad- I am not able to help- the senator has emailed and called-- still no movement-- what do we do???? lost in the usa without my wife!!!!!!!

It does not help you to know this, but many, many others have waited a lot longer. I met my wife overseas, we went to China and married, I went home and figured out how to submit the paperwork with little or no help, this took some time. Okay, the papers had been in for a couple of months when 09/11 hit. Shortly after that the INS quit processing papers for Russian and Chinese ladies (as if they had anything to do with 09/11) and we went into the infamous Black Hole of waiting. This was the time when we were not able to get ANY information for a long, long time. Finally toward the end of this long wait the members of CFL were in touch with the second-highest level of the State Department in our strenuous efforts to find out if we were ever going to be able to have our sweethearts come to America. Partly as a result of my own mistakes, but hugely because of the black hole I waited 19 months until my wife got her visa.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While my wife is not and never has been a CCP member, should one actually tell them she was a member? I only say this because unless she was doing military work or something that is international... what is the difference?

It is my thought that a communist in China is just a person with a car, a nice apartment and a good job, unless of course they are up high on the food chain. It seems many communist in China are just in a union access to better things available in China.

I sk the question for curosity sake, I guess you would be breaking a law of somekind if this information wasn't given, so I'm not suggesting anyone withhold information from our goverment...(just a friendly USC disclaimer)

While my wife is not and never has been a CCP member, should one actually tell them she was a member? I only say this because unless she was doing military work or something that is international... what is the difference?

It is my thought that a communist in China is just a person with a car, a nice apartment and a good job, unless of course they are up high on the food chain. It seems many communist in China are just in a union access to better things available in China.

I sk the question for curosity sake, I guess you would be breaking a law of somekind if this information wasn't given, so I'm not suggesting anyone withhold information from our goverment...(just a friendly USC disclaimer)

i wish it was that simple-- the u.s. wants everyone reviewed- my wife was a human resource manager-- how ironic- she was helping people- now, that is used against her-- she was never in the military or anything to do with the ccp- just was told to join or no job,,

i wish it was that simple-- the u.s. wants everyone reviewed- my wife was a human resource manager-- how ironic- she was helping people- now, that is used against her-- she was never in the military or anything to do with the ccp- just was told to join or no job,,

This is true of most of the Chinese people who are members of CCP.

There are very few who join because they think the CCP is the best political government in the world.

It is very similar to saying that if you didn't vote for the current party in the white house, you can't get a job.

Still, our government passed the immigration laws to make themselves look strong against communism, and now these laws are antiquated and are hurting you.

All you can do is get a waiver. Perhaps if your senator would write a note it would be of use ?

Even better would be if some senator could introduce a bill to "reform" this requirement out of the immigration law.

Sorry about the troubles, waitingguy. It seems that being a member of the CCP can cause problems for some people but not everyone. My wife was a member and she was questioned about it but it didn't stop her from getting the visa.

I think it's not just being a member of the party but more about one's actions in the party that is looked at and questioned. It seems to be a sensitive issue with the US government stemming from the cold war days.

In any case, I hope things work out for you both soon. Sorry about the snag. Keep us posted. Good luck! :)

Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry about the troubles, waitingguy. It seems that being a member of the CCP can cause problems for some people but not everyone. My wife was a member and she was questioned about it but it didn't stop her from getting the visa.

I think it's not just being a member of the party but more about one's actions in the party that is looked at and questioned. It seems to be a sensitive issue with the US government stemming from the cold war days.

In any case, I hope things work out for you both soon. Sorry about the snag. Keep us posted. Good luck! :rolleyes:

I agree it makes no sense, i feel your pain, hang in there, we hope you get the pink very soon

I asked GZ speaks about this issue once. They replied it's because that is the law. Many women have lied about it and passed. I doubt seriously that the CCP opens up it's member list to the US govt. That being said it is never a good idea to lie to the USCIS. It could come back to bite you. A jealous co worker or someone angry with the benificiary could send them a letter exposing the past CCP membership. Lieing on any of the forms could result in deportation if caught. I don't know of any cases to date where the benificiary didn't eventually get the visa.

I asked GZ speaks about this issue once. They replied it's because that is the law. Many women have lied about it and passed. I doubt seriously that the CCP opens up it's member list to the US govt. That being said it is never a good idea to lie to the USCIS. It could come back to bite you. A jealous co worker or someone angry with the benificiary could send them a letter exposing the past CCP membership. Lieing on any of the forms could result in deportation if caught. I don't know of any cases to date where the benificiary didn't eventually get the visa.

warpedbored: i hope you are right about everyone eventually getting their visa. we have been waiting 9 months now. i have written them 4 times in the last two weeks hoping that i might wake them up. if i hear nothing by october i am going there. how hard is it to meet with them?

Just realize that usually GUZ is waiting as well..the case usually goes to the Security Advisor Office (SAO) of DOS in washington D.C...

Just don't expect that sending them an email or visiting the consulate will necessary do much.

david i have sent four letters explaining that my fiancee" s family was persecuted by the communists from 1966 until 1976 and that she was sent away to a tree farm to work in extreme conditions. will these letters be forwarded to washington as well. these letters may help my situation.

A waiver is required for anyone who has been a recent member of the CCP. Occasionally someone will still pass the interview without one. It may be that the VO has some discretion in the matter. What they want most is a plausable explanation why she had to join the party to get or keep her job. That is the most legitimate reason for a waiver. As David said the consulate has to wait too while the waiver makes it's way through the system. Like any security check they sometimes get delayed waiting for the FBI or some other investigative agency to do their job.

Here is a link to a 9 FM PDF document which is sort of a guide for adjucating officers. It explains much of the process for a CCP waiver.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86972.pdf

Just realize that usually GUZ is waiting as well..the case usually goes to the Security Advisor Office (SAO) of DOS in washington D.C...

Just don't expect that sending them an email or visiting the consulate will necessary do much.

david i have sent four letters explaining that my fiancee" s family was persecuted by the communists from 1966 until 1976 and that she was sent away to a tree farm to work in extreme conditions. will these letters be forwarded to washington as well. these letters may help my situation.

that would be a good question for ACH... My gut says no but if your going to visit, why not ask.

wouldn't they let me know if my case has been sent to washington.i have heard nothing from them even though i have written 4 letters in 2 weeks.

wouldn't they let me know if my case has been sent to washington.i have heard nothing from them even though i have written 4 letters in 2 weeks.

I would think calling DOS might be better to find out if it's in washington... guz is just too tight lipped sometimes...

I recall once or twice when a USC repeatedly asks GUZ over and over about a case, they finally called the SO and told her the situation... I'm not sure if this implies on some level that the SO is better off directly sending them emails asking about 'her own' case.

Communist party issue comes up once at a while. It is like a ghost hovering at the interview. The law regarding CCP is an obsolete law of the cold war era and it is out of touch of reality of today. CCP membership in China is just a way of making a living and most of the time it has nothing to do with ideology. Should a SO tell her CCP membership to satisfy an obsolete law?