Need to do something with the HOLD cases

Hi, All,

I think we really ought to do something about the HOLD cases. My case was submitted in July 2002, the clearance procedure is still not approved. I have written to Maura Harty, talked with Kathryn Cabral on the phone, weekly call to DOS, nothing seems to help. My Congressman and Senator do not seem to be helpful either. I felt being sucked into a black hole, and is surrounded by unknowns. Everytime I think about this, I cried. I am disappointed, desperated, helpless. Sisters and brothers, we really ought to stand up together and do something about it. They claim that they have no control over the other agencies, they do not know who has put the hold, all we could do is wait. I do not believe that at all!

BTW, I remember seeing a post about sending an email to Colin Powell, but I cannot find that post anymore. If you did send the email, please let us know the outcome of it. I am planning to send a email to him as well. Thank you very much.

Good luck everyone, let's support each other in this endless process.

Christy

This is certainly a long, drawn-out, confusing process at times. Often it seems we take one step forward and two steps back. I know it can really be frustrating at times (most of the time actually). But I encourage you to remain positive and keep the faith. Never lose hope. Things will eventually break loose for you.

Guest R2D2

Powell passed the letter down to Harty and that is how we first came in touch with Harty. Robert S can tell the rest of the story. He is a better story teller than I, but you might not understand his accent!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Keep after them! Keep writing, calling, faxing, and always looking for new officials to contact. I still believe that the biggest problem is the lack of knowledge by the general public. The average person on the street either is unaware of the K-visa delay problem, or he accepts the gov't's standard "911" excuse. <_<

Hi Christy,

Glade you joined everyone here. Sorry you are in the same hole as so many of us. Just keep writing and trying to find new people to write and keep copies of everything you receive. Write Bush, write the first lady, but do these by priority mail so you have the date they received them. It will take about one to two months for a response by mail, but this also is a hard copy for GZ when you go for your interview.

It's tough because many of these interagencies are contract servers and could care less about the time it takes and the people like MH or KC are getting so much mail that you are just another note for them to respond to. Take it from Mick, don't give up hope and just keep trying. :wacko: :D

Are any Candle Members in Indiana? Especially if you have been waiting for a while. pm me. The regular person that the Senators use to check on visa's is in the Military reserve, read not on this continent now. I think a Hoosier can help.

Are any Candle Members in Indiana?  Especially if you have been waiting for a while.  pm me.  The regular person that the Senators use to check on visa's is in the Military reserve, read not on this continent now.  I think a Hoosier can help.

If I am not mistaken, Tine and Ella are from Indianapolis. :lol: :o

My husband told me that Ca's congresswomen are not willing to help us as much as other state's congressmen. it is really so sad

Can any Ca guys here think any other way to make our voice louder? :redblob:

I think all you Ca guys here have been waiting for so long. Let us stay together and really wake these $&^^$ up!! :lol:

First of all, my condolences for those of you in California. From everything I've heard thus far, your delegates offices will probably be of no use. If anyone there has had any luck, please be sure to pass your contacts on to others in the PRC (People's Republic of California).

For the rest of you "on holders" AZwolfman is on the money. Keep after 'em, let them know you've been yanked around, and that you are not going away until you have a satisfactory answer. Appeal to their egos a bit too... "gee, you work for a Senator's office and they dared to send YOU the same crappy form letter they sent me? I thought a Senator's office would get more respect than that...."

What made the difference for me (one of the old "black holers" a 21 month battle), was I told three of my delegates that I was willing to take a leave of absence from work, and just badger my government full time. I even offered to work full time in their offices, sharpening pencils, making copies, and fetching lunch, so they would have more time to work on these cases.

I think most of the cases being held up now are due to FBI holds, and they are not working the cases quickly if at all. One case here in Colorado, Senator Allard's office stayed on the phone for hours with the FBI and refused to let them off the phone until they had an answer... the result was a one-letter typo no one had even bothered to check out. The young lady was here two weeks later.

If you ARE able to find a delegates office that will give you more than the time of day, have them contact Senator Wayne Allard's offices in Colorado. His staff can direct them through the DOS/FBI minefield, and maybe help your case a bit.

Best of luck to ALL of you. I will tell you this: life is sweet when things finally happen, and all this waiting will be a distant memory the moment yours steps off the plane. It WILL get better.