Got our K-1!!!

She had her interview on May 15 and we got the pink slip!

A few details:

Our situation:

I've lived in China for 6 years, we've been dating for 3, moved in together 2 1/2 years ago. For us, proving the relationship is real was not as big a conern as showing my ties to the US. We had my mother as a co-sponsor.

Documents:

Collected 18 pounds of documents. Everything we could think of.

Pre-interview:

We drilled every night for a week on interview questions. Me posing as a rude VO. I even went so far as to have someone from my office that she had never met before pose as a rude VO and interview her. There are 2 American citizen service hours, one for immigrant visas (Friday) and one for nonimmigrant visas (monday). I went to Monday in part because I didn't get there until saturday and because the K1 is technically a nonimmigrant visa. Monday was the wrong day. Should have gone on Friday. Even though the K1 is technically a nonimmigrant visa, they treat it as an immigrant visa for the sake of processing.

Interview:

Q: Can I see your passport?

A: (gave her passport and mine)

Q: Have you ever been to the US?

A: Never.

Q:Have you ever been to any other countries?

A: Yes, (countires names) with my fiance. Do you want to see the pictures?

Q:Wait. Do you have any kids?

A:No. I have never been married. neither has my fiance.

Q: How many times he came to China to see you?

A: We live in Beijing, China together.

Q: How long has he been in China?

A: 6 years.

Q: What does he do?

A: ***. I have 134 form. Do you want to have a look? We also have his mother as our co-sponsor.

Q: His salary is enough. We don't need any more financial paperwork. can i see your photos?

A: We have photos about tavelling together and at home? which ones do you want to see?

Q: tavelling. What do you guys plan to do when you go to US? Where will you live?

A: We will live in his house. I have his house deed, do you want to have a look?

Q: sure. what does his mother do?

A:** i also have the letter from her employer, and her statement letter. would you like to see?

The VO scanned the statement letter and approved the visa. 2 minute interview.

Hotel:

We stayed at 3 places while in GZ. The Grand Palace was right around the corner from the consulate. 4 star, not gorgeous but a nice place.

The Mediterranian: 5 star, Nice looking place, had trouble with plumbing and TV. Service sucked. Stay away.

The Ramada. 4 star, similar to Grand Palace, nice gym and 2 pools, indoor and outdoor.

Thanks to everyone on this site. Couldn't have done it without you.

Congratulations!!! :D :D :P

She had her interview on May 15 and we got the pink slip!

A few details:

Our situation:

I've lived in China for 6 years, we've been dating for 3, moved in together 2 1/2 years ago. For us, proving the relationship is real was not as big a conern as showing my ties to the US. We had my mother as a co-sponsor.

Documents:

Collected 18 pounds of documents. Everything we could think of.

Pre-interview:

We drilled every night for a week on interview questions. Me posing as a rude VO. I even went so far as to have someone from my office that she had never met before pose as a rude VO and interview her. There are 2 American citizen service hours, one for immigrant visas (Friday) and one for nonimmigrant visas (monday). I went to Monday in part because I didn't get there until saturday and because the K1 is technically a nonimmigrant visa. Monday was the wrong day. Should have gone on Friday. Even though the K1 is technically a nonimmigrant visa, they treat it as an immigrant visa for the sake of processing.

Interview:

Q: Can I see your passport?

A: (gave her passport and mine)

Q: Have you ever been to the US?

A: Never.

Q:Have you ever been to any other countries?

A: Yes, (countires names) with my fiance. Do you want to see the pictures?

Q:Wait. Do you have any kids?

A:No. I have never been married. neither has my fiance.

Q: How many times he came to China to see you?

A: We live in Beijing, China together.

Q: How long has he been in China?

A: 6 years.

Q: What does he do?

A: ***. I have 134 form. Do you want to have a look? We also have his mother as our co-sponsor.

Q: His salary is enough. We don't need any more financial paperwork. can i see your photos?

A: We have photos about tavelling together and at home? which ones do you want to see?

Q: tavelling. What do you guys plan to do when you go to US? Where will you live?

A: We will live in his house. I have his house deed, do you want to have a look?

Q: sure. what does his mother do?

A:** i also have the letter from her employer, and her statement letter. would you like to see?

The VO scanned the statement letter and approved the visa. 2 minute interview.

Hotel:

We stayed at 3 places while in GZ. The Grand Palace was right around the corner from the consulate. 4 star, not gorgeous but a nice place.

The Mediterranian: 5 star, Nice looking place, had trouble with plumbing and TV. Service sucked. Stay away.

The Ramada. 4 star, similar to Grand Palace, nice gym and 2 pools, indoor and outdoor.

Thanks to everyone on this site. Couldn't have done it without you.

Congratulations!

Treat her right!........... :D