This is smells so much like BS!

Well.. It's 2:30AM PDT and I'm sooo mixed with emotions.. Pissed off and sad.. My fiancee turned in the documents needed for the overcome on monday and today she got her results. And guess what? K-1 visa denied. They're sending the case back to USCIS. This is such BS! Really. We do have a bonafide relationship! In 4 hours I have to go to work. I'm sleepy and tired. What's else is there for us to do? 1 year+ and still we're not able to be together. No second overcome or anything. We thought we'll pass 100% since there's no other thing they can ask for. Well we're partly right. They didnt ask for anything else. :angry: Can anyone give me some advise on what to do now? Thanks.

Edited by Derek & Yun (see edit history)
Guest Mike and Lily

I don't have any advice but I am really sorry this happened to you. I really hope that somehow you can work through this and it doesn't take too long.

If you can get a lawyer in GZ quickly then I suggest doing so. The window for this is small. If you can't do this then you will have to join me for a long journey down the white slip road. I am sure others will suggest the same that I am saying to you. I am really sorry to hear this Derek.

If you can get a lawyer in GZ quickly then I suggest doing so. The window for this is small. If you can't do this then you will have to join me for a long journey down the white slip road. I am sure others will suggest the same that I am saying to you. I am really sorry to hear this Derek.

Thanks chilton. Which attorney did you use in GZ and how much did it costs?

Derek: I wish i has some words of wizdom to say!!

I'm very sorry for the news!

I wish i could say i know how you feel but i don't.

But i do know the one member that does know how you feel is Charles.

Hang in there buddy, Like Charles said.

Your going to get a lot of replies and good addvise.

I know of a few good members and some very good friends here that will help.

But i do know this, Like Charels says, This would be the best time to get a good Immigration lawyer in GZ and keep your visa in GZ.

Hang in there Derek, Good luck buddy!!

Well, Derek, like everyone else, I am shocked and so sorry to hear this. You know we'll be going through the same thing in a couple weeks. I hope you get some information on the cost of an lawyer and what they can actually do. Did they give you any explanation? :lol:

Thanks chilton. Which attorney did you use in GZ and how much did it costs?

Warpedboard posted a list here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=283787

Thanks for all for your help and support. I don't know at this point. I called DOS on the drive to work and they couldn't provide me with any answer to why my case was revoked and will be returning to USCIS. I guess I'll send a fax to GUZ and ask them if they can provide me with further info. Thanks again.

Well, Derek, like everyone else, I am shocked and so sorry to hear this. You know we'll be going through the same thing in a couple weeks. I hope you get some information on the cost of an lawyer and what they can actually do. Did they give you any explanation? :D

No.. Just on the letter that my SO got, it says that based on the information I provided thus far, they do not believe my SO and I have a bonafide relationship. That my case will be returning to USCIS and they do not have further information for me if I wish to contact them in the future. All questions should be directed to USCIS once it's returned...................... As for the cost of a lawyer, I'm not sure yet. I contacted Peter Paget's firm and his assistant by the name of Tim gave my SO a quote of $1000 just for them to inquire to GUZ about this denial and have it stay in GUZ for the time being. My SO also talked to several 001 members and they suggested that we shouldn't waste money on a lawyer because it's no help. Just find out the reason of this revocation, then get marry in China and apply for K-3. DOS also told me this morning when I contacted them that I should wait about a month for the case to be returned to USCIC so I can dispute the revocation. DOS does not have any further information on the reason for the revocation.

No.. Just on the letter that my SO got, it says that based on the information I provided thus far, they do not believe my SO and I have a bonafide relationship. That my case will be returning to USCIS and they do not have further information for me if I wish to contact them in the future. All questions should be directed to USCIS once it's returned...................... As for the cost of a lawyer, I'm not sure yet. I contacted Peter Paget's firm and his assistant by the name of Tim gave my SO a quote of $1000 just for them to inquire to GUZ about this denial and have it stay in GUZ for the time being. My SO also talked to several 001 members and they suggested that we shouldn't waste money on a lawyer because it's no help. Just find out the reason of this revocation, then get marry in China and apply for K-3. DOS also told me this morning when I contacted them that I should wait about a month for the case to be returned to USCIC so I can dispute the revocation. DOS does not have any further information on the reason for the revocation.

I would not advise just going for the K-3 without first dealing with the denied K-1 at the USCIS.

Lawyers ¨C Be Careful Here!

Now in many cases where a K-1 has been delayed, refused or denied at a US Consulate, lawyers have advised clients to simply get married and file and I-130. That is not good advice, unless the attorney also advises the petitioner to pay close attention to the K-1 that has been sent back to the Service Center from the consulate.

If a Service Center begins a revocation proceeding for that K-1 petition, a petitioner¡¯s failure to respond will mean that DHS will revoke the approval of the petition. When that happens, the 212(a)(6)(c )(i) that is pending in our beneficiary file, will become hard finding of Misrepresentation, under 9 FAM 40.63 N10.1 (above).

A Rude Surprise at the Second Consular Interview

Our love birds have followed their lawyer¡¯s advice and forgotten about the K-1 petition. A NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) letter comes in the mail and petitioner calls his lawyer. The lawyer says,

¡°Don¡¯t worry about it. She¡¯s your wife now. The K-1 petition is irrelevant.¡±

The lovebirds have taken the plunge and married. The petitioner has made another costly visit to the foreign country; bought another round trip airplane ticket, and maybe he has even sprung for a costly wedding ceremony.

An I-130 Petition for his new bride has been filed. And it is approved by the DHS Service Center. What will happen when his new wife appears at the US Consulate for her next interview?

Because the petitioner did not respond to the K-1 revocation notice, the beneficiary has a 212(a)(6)(c )(i) finding on her record. Even if the petition for her is approved, she is permanently barred from entering the US, unless she can obtain a waiver to that ground of inadmissibility.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18189

I don't know if it's an option for you, but this man attended ACH a few weeks after issuance of the white slip. He claims the consular officer gave him some of the "why" in person.

I extracted as much info as I could from the GZ Embassy officer on my Friday Citizen Hour at the Embassy on 3/30/07. He was helpful but limited in want he could say...suggesting that there could be legal issues and an attorney's advise may be needed. He said it was serious, and that I may request a formal inquiry and that a waiver may be needed. On the otherhand he did acknowledge that no charges were made or criminal prosecution in China, Canada, or the US. I added that we did not lie to the US during the K-1 (prior failed visas with other countries was not a question). He did suggest that I try to discuss it with the Legal or Fraud Depts of the USCIS.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;p=295841son.

Well.. It's 2:30AM PDT and I'm sooo mixed with emotions.. Pissed off and sad.. My fiancee turned in the documents needed for the overcome on monday and today she got her results. And guess what? K-1 visa denied. ... Can anyone give me some advise on what to do now? Thanks.

I can only attempt to imagine your feelings of unhappiness and disappointment. I know some others will give you some links to some lawyers, and maybe one of them can go and get more information or give you better odds as to whether they can help you.

Is there anything from the questions your Yun was asked that would indicate an "area" he was concerned about? Can you remind us what the blue slip requested after Yun's previous interview in March?

The people here at CFL are great to lean on during trying times like these. I hope you can get the support you need here. And we all hope you will find a reason soon!

Is there anything from the questions your Yun was asked that would indicate an "area" he was concerned about? Can you remind us what the blue slip requested after Yun's previous interview in March?

Thanks. The blue slip was for a statement of our relationship, a statement of my previous and the divorce decree.

My blue slip

Also, can anyone recommend a good competent attorney in GUZ that is reasonably priced?