This is smells so much like BS!

Is there anything from the questions your Yun was asked that would indicate an "area" he was concerned about? Can you remind us what the blue slip requested after Yun's previous interview in March?

Thanks. The blue slip was for a statement of our relationship, a statement of my previous and the divorce decree.

My blue slip

Also, can anyone recommend a good competent attorney in GUZ that is reasonably priced?

Derek,

PM smilingasia as she can give you a choice of attorneys. Basically you will have to make a quick trip to GZ and go to the consulate and make a lot of noise. Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not. As far as an attorney, I did not get one and I did not go to GZ. And here I sit. DO NOT listen to the DOS!!!!!!!!! They make everything sound like it is so simple. "Yeah, you can get married and do the K3. You can wait a month for the case to be returned to the USCIS." This is all hogwash Derek.

Bottom line, GZ has ruled. In a couple of weeks there will be nothing you or anyone can do about it except wait. GZ likes to play Dr. Phil. They do this to a certain number of K1s especially the ones who have had recent divorces and/or multiple marriages. Basically they want to see if you and your fiancee will last.

Contacting Senators and Congressmen will do you no good also so don't waste your time.

As I said, you only chance to try and get this resolved quickly (if possible) is to get a lawyer in GZ and go there and make noise. Yes it is expensive but remember, GZ wants to see how far you will go for your fiancee.

Derek,

PM smilingasia as she can give you a choice of attorneys. Basically you will have to make a quick trip to GZ and go to the consulate and make a lot of noise. Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not. As far as an attorney, I did not get one and I did not go to GZ. And here I sit. DO NOT listen to the DOS!!!!!!!!! They make everything sound like it is so simple. "Yeah, you can get married and do the K3. You can wait a month for the case to be returned to the USCIS." This is all hogwash Derek.

Bottom line, GZ has ruled. In a couple of weeks there will be nothing you or anyone can do about it except wait. GZ likes to play Dr. Phil. They do this to a certain number of K1s especially the ones who have had recent divorces and/or multiple marriages. Basically they want to see if you and your fiancee will last.

Contacting Senators and Congressmen will do you no good also so don't waste your time.

As I said, you only chance to try and get this resolved quickly (if possible) is to get a lawyer in GZ and go there and make noise. Yes it is expensive but remember, GZ wants to see how far you will go for your fiancee.

Excellently written! :rolleyes: Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I'm sorry to read your bad news. Chilton's advice sounds good as he, unfortunately, is going down the same road as you. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved.

Is there anything from the questions your Yun was asked that would indicate an "area" he was concerned about? Can you remind us what the blue slip requested after Yun's previous interview in March?

Thanks. The blue slip was for a statement of our relationship, a statement of my previous and the divorce decree.

My blue slip

Also, can anyone recommend a good competent attorney in GUZ that is reasonably priced?

Derek,

Thanks.. I'm planning to fly over next week to attend ACH. As for the attorney, can someone recommend one in Guangzhou who is a bit inexpensive than Peter Paget? Thanks!

Edited by Derek & Yun (see edit history)

Eunice may be able to help you with an attorney. King is very good though.

Now I am going to give you my advice. Get a lawyer quick. One in GZ that knows the inner workings of the consulate. You don't have time for bargain basement shopping. The window of opportunity is very small to keep the petition in GZ. Keeping the petition in GZ is your best option for the fastest overcome. If it gets sent back to the USCIS it will likely take you more than another year to resolve. Good luck and keep us posted.

Now I am going to give you my advice. Get a lawyer quick. One in GZ that knows the inner workings of the consulate. You don't have time for bargain basement shopping. The window of opportunity is very small to keep the petition in GZ. Keeping the petition in GZ is your best option for the fastest overcome. If it gets sent back to the USCIS it will likely take you more than another year to resolve. Good luck and keep us posted.

I'll second this...

The consulate may not even respond to your emails.. don't waste too much time. Once they rule on revocating, it usually takes a lawyer for them to discuss the case.

its' up to you; Is a few thousand dollars worth another years wait?

IMO: Don't buy this, "just get married and file again".. deal with it now.

I'll second this...

The consulate may not even respond to your emails.. don't waste too much time. Once they rule on revocating, it usually takes a lawyer for them to discuss the case.

From your experience,what is your definition of "a few thousand dollars"?

Under $3,000?

More than $5,000?

As much as $10,000?

The window of opportunity is small but the petition remains in GZ in the black hole or on the Chiefs desk for many months. Mine is still there after 8 months as so is several other petitioners that I know. So the case does stay in GZ a long time. The trick is getting to it before it goes to the black hole.

I'll second this...

From your experience,what is your definition of "a few thousand dollars"?

Under $3,000?

More than $5,000?

As much as $10,000?

my gut is you'll pay $1500-$5000 per visa...