Clothing Topic

Two suitcases, but most of it was quite old. She's been buying a couple of items a month since she got here and has replaced most of what she brought. Thankfully she likes to bargain shop so it doesn't break the bank. :huh:

The total of all the belongings she brought fit in 4 large suitcases, including her wedding dress, books, and winter coats.

There was the four of us... I had a medium size suitcase that I brought with me containing my travel necessities. Lucy and the kids had 7 suitcases stuffed with clothing and other small belongings. I remember cleaning out her flat before we left and the truckloads of stuff she gave away to family and friends.

That is difficult to do as I had a similar experience with my first wife. We sold our house during the divorce and I just wanted to start over so we gave everything away or dumped it.

Quite humbling to say the least... :huh:

That is difficult to do as I had a similar experience with my first wife. We sold our house during the divorce and I just wanted to start over so we gave everything away or dumped it.

I am expecting about 4 suitcases of clothing and misc other stuff. I guess I will have to wait to see what actually arrives. As I said I have money budgeted for her to buy clothing when she arrives. She is from Nanning and really does not have a wardrobe suitable for even a mild midwest winter. Besides if she really wants to go hiking with me she will need something other than 3 inch heels on the trails. :huh:

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)

We had 4 of the largest suitcases I had ever seen, carefully packed to meet United's weigh limit. We also shipped 6 of China Post's largest boxes which contained mostly clothing, and all arrived on time (about 6 weeks) and in good condition. We're both very glad she brought so much clothing from home (Chengdu) both because of the cost, the styles which she and I both think are nicer, and the difficulty she has in finding clothing that fits her here. She made me throw away lots of old clothes I had held on to way to long, and the things she bought me are much nicer and the clothes we brought from Chengdu should last until we return when we plan on loading up with enough to last until our next trip.

I took 4 big suitcases, but two of them with my clothes, one with bedding(quilts,sheets) one with my son's clothes. But I like buying clothes in the US, I can find much cheaper nicer clothes in ROSS, KOHL'S, Jesypenny something on big sale, 80% off usally.

We had three medium-sized suitcases between the two of us. Most 2.5 for her. Most of what we brought over was clothing she purchased the previous week in Guangzhou. I'm still having difficulty convincing her that it is ok to buy more clothes--that most Americans do not wear the same thing every day.

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)

I brought a case full of her books on a return over a year ago.

With daughter 4 suit cases. She brought her nicer work cloths and left them.

She returned for CR1/2 and will return with 4 more suite cases I suppose.

I am told a UTA student coming for the graduation ceremony will bring a case for me and I should pick him up at the airport and take him to the school. OK.

She will return with her 2 cases and her daughter another 2, I suppose.

After Bing got her visa I came home ahead of her with 4 suitcases. One small carry on for me one for her and two huge suitcases jam packed. I was over the weight limit but they let me slide. When she followed me she brought over an equal amount plus shipped 4 of the largest China post boxes full of stuff. She gave away lots and lots of stuff to family and friends. She buys very little clothing though and most of the stuff she brought with her is still good. She says she doesn't like most of the American clothes.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Jie had 2 large suitcases, one carry on, and a computer backpack when she arived.

The last three trips I made to China before her arrival, Christmas 05,

P3 time and Interview, I came back loaded to the max. Total of 6 large

suitcases all her stuff.

I always wanted to see the look on the baggage handlers face when

they yanked on the big empties going over. Often wondered if they

might loose balance and bust their rear when they grabed them. :D

She wears more of my clothes than hers around the house. :D

Jie has some 3" tennis shoes. She wears them out at the farm.

Doesn't keep her from "cutting her foot" though. I asked her if she

wanted to step in the cow manure. She said "yes, give her more long." :P