Who is still ON-HOLD?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory was to make GZ cry up the food chain for help. And when they do we also move up using GZ as an unwilling ally. And when CA is making it's inquires we get Powells office to send them an inquiry about the emails they are receiving.

The sub committees also will send an inquiry to someone about the emails they are receiving. My letter to Cheny was responded to by LisaP.

I will join. When shall we begin? I agree that GZ is also useful. GZ can submit names to "the agency" directly so at least GZ knows where they can cry to if they receive much pressure and can not stand. I believe GZ want very much to finish their backlog too. Let GZ stand by our side, cry to the "agency" for us.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...cg/holiday.html

GZ is off now. GZ will go back to work until 6th this month. i just wonder why they have so many holidays.

everyone needs a holiday and i think GZ has been really working hard for everyone here. They need a good rest and come back to work again.

I really respect them because they are working while GZ is filled of SARS disease :o

I agree with you on this, GZ is not the one to blame in any cases, even if they make mistakes, the roof of all this is because of some executive order on the "namechecks"...i believe they would rather get rid of us asap, too.

Called DOS line today. (message said 15 minutes) waited about 45 minutes. When connected I got a very helpfull lady who took my name and contact information. She said she would print a copy of our case record and give it to a supervisor? Shocked really it was the first time I ever got anything other than "pending" or "computers are down". 125% better than CA's reply of "sorry on hold nothing we can do".

Has anyone had this experience? Seems positive but won't hold my breath yet. Will post if any callback.

September interview

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...cg/holiday.html

GZ is off now. GZ will go back to work until 6th this month. i just wonder why they have so many holidays.

everyone needs a holiday and i think GZ has been really working hard for everyone here. They need a good rest and come back to work again.

I really respect them because they are working while GZ is filled of SARS disease :(

Give me a break. These folks have so many holidays because they celebrate all of them - Chinese and American. Hardly a month goes by where there isn't some kind of holiday. They should get one or the other - not both! :)

dave

Well put ChinaDave. One of the most frustrating parts of our wait was the weeklong plus shutdown for Chinese New Year. Sandwiched around those 8-10 days off was MLK Bday and President's Day. It's just ridiculous the number of days these folks get off, and it clearly contributes to the already unconscionable delays.

Yes, that is one of the things that frustrated me. It seemed that every time we began to get a little progress from GZ, they would shut down (not for a day or two like in the US) for a week or more. But this is unfortunately just one more obstacle in our quest. :V:

Hmmmmm.......I wonder if GZ is hiring? I could get used to a job that had so many holidays. :P

It seems they must be on holiday all the time. How long does it take to do a name check? I have watched a Nation become liberated faster than they can do a name check for my girl. There is nothing in her background. She is the same as all the other girls. They are just sitting on their computer programs, keeping me away from my fiancee.