women's health check

My husband made an appointment with a doctor to check my body, mainly women's healthcare before I moved to the US. I did go there and met my doctor today, the name of hospital is "comprehensive women's healthcare, P.A" My husband's new company switched insurance company from united health to primary physiciancare this year, insurance compay is still working on printing new cards for us, but my husband new insurance is better than old one, but when I was in hospital today, I was charged $60 totally, $15 is for seeing doctor, $45 for examination named pap-sure. Do you know guys is it not covered by insurance? my husband said it is new examination, probably insurance doesnt cover, but he is not sure about it.

By the way, I went to SSN office today, but still didnt get my SSN, as I forgot to take my marriage certification to add my husbands last name on.

My husband made an appointment with a doctor to check my body, mainly women's healthcare before I moved to the US. I did go there and met my doctor today, the name of hospital is "comprehensive women's healthcare, P.A" My husband's new company switched insurance company from united health to primary physiciancare this year, insurance compay is still working on printing new cards for us, but my husband new insurance is better than old one, but when I was in hospital today, I was charged $60 totally, $15 is for seeing doctor, $45 for examination named pap-sure. Do you know guys is it not covered by insurance? my husband said it is new examination, probably insurance doesnt cover, but he is not sure about it.

By the way, I went to SSN office today, but still didnt get my SSN, as I forgot to take my marriage certification to add my husbands last name on.

My wife had a pap smear which is a test for cancer of the cervix (cervical cancer). The test was covered under our insurance provider all we had was a co pay of $15.00.

Some medical (and dental) insurance Plans cover 100% of the cost for defined Preventative Care. In our case, Pap Smear and Mammograms are considered preventive and are paid at 100% once per 12 month period of time. The doctor's office co-pay is still assessed. You can find out what is covered by calling your Insurance provider. The telephone number is usually on the back of the Health plan I.D. card.

thanks guys, I dont know american medical insurance, but my husband said mine also is co-pay, he said it usually is $15, but he said i had examniation named pap smear and pap sure, that is a new one, so cost me $45, on the bill today's charge is $235, no adjustments, payment is $60. Does it mean insurance company has to pay $235? seems the doctor is easy to earn money, he only checked for no more than 10 mins. :rolleyes: :lol: :P

thanks guys, I dont know american medical insurance, but my husband said mine also is co-pay, he said it usually is $15, but he said i had examniation named pap smear and pap sure, that is a new one, so cost me $45, on the bill today's charge is $235, no adjustments, payment is $60. Does it mean insurance company has to pay $235? seems the doctor is easy to earn money, he only checked for no more than 10 mins. :rolleyes: :lol: :P

Randy mentioned the two ways an insurance company pays toward the bill:

1) More common: The doctor's office will send the bill to the insurance company to get them to pay their balance. If anything is left after that, the patient pays. (Most take the co-pay first and so subtract that first before billing the insurance).

My guess is that the insurance will be billed for $235, IF the $60 is already subtracted from the grand total for the visit.

2) Less common: The patient has to pay everything, then the patient/subscriber sends in a claim to their insurance to get reimburse.

Get used to enormous bills from doctors for very little time with the patient... But it will vary by area and specialty. A doctor visit in MA for my knee to do a few things ran $400; In FL I can get the exact same thing done for less than $100.

Paula,

I work in the healthfield for doctors practices and have been doing it for 30 years. $60.00 is nothing. Trust your husband and listen to him on this.

As was said earlier here, certain exams and tests are preventative and to ensure good health and or to find problems early on.

Now the real question is why is your husband letting someone else check your body??? :rolleyes: :lol: :P

oop's ;) :o :o

Edited by phantom1949 (see edit history)

I just got my doctor bill for hepatitis A & B vaccine shot and it came to $825!!!! $620 for the doctor visit and $205 for the shots. I ended up having to pay $125 even with insurance($2,500 deductible).

How do they get away with this stuff???

My hepatitis booster cost 100.00 I thought that was bad.. 15 co-pay

Paula, $60 is a small fee to pay to make sure that your health is good. Even though the test took only 10 min of the Doctor's time, it can take up to 10 years or more of study to become an American doctor and therefore they are very highly trained and skilled. You are getting the best care in the world. Trust me about this, my wife now understands this very well. You will soon learn to stop comparing Chinese prices with American.

You have a very good husband, who understands that no price is too much to pay to make sure that your health is taken care of. Just look at it this way too, without insurance, you would have had to pay the full $235. And, hopefully, after your initial high bills (called deductable) future medical treatment will not cost as much.

Thanks for being here for us and with us. :rolleyes:

thanks guys. Yes my husband doesn't like chinese hospital. When he was in china one time, I was sick and had operation. He was scared to death after he saw chinese hospital and so much patients there. After that he always want me to check my body in the US, that is also why he put my name on his insurance since 2005, even though I was not in the US. He is very loving husband. Yep hospital here is much better than chinese one. Yes $60 is nothing if it help me prevent from disease. but you know my school in china paid 80% medical bills when I was there, so sometimes I compared that to american insurance.