The Finish line

I got an email from guz today. It seems to me that our case may be coming to a final end some time soon.

I don't know. So I am asking if anyone else reads into this email, the same as I do.

From GUZ:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Your fiancée's case has been completed the administrative processing. Her case is in the line of waiting for being reviewed. We are unable to estimate when her case will be finished. But rest assured that we will contact your fiancée immediately by mail once her case is ready for continued processing.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

What do you guys think? :bangin:

Here is a copy of "ALL" the rest of the emails I have been getting for the last 8 months.

So you can see the difference between the responses.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Please be advised that your fianc¨¦e's case remains unchanged since our

previous reply to you on October 12, 2006. We are unable to estimate when

her case will be finished. But rest assured that we will contact your

fianc¨¦e immediately by mail once her case is ready for continued processing.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958

Rick and Yanlan

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email from guz today. It seems to me that our case may be coming to a final end some time soon.

I don't know. So I am asking if anyone else reads into this email, the same as I do.

From GUZ:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Your fiancée's case has been completed the administrative processing. Her case is in the line of waiting for being reviewed. We are unable to estimate when her case will be finished. But rest assured that we will contact your fiancée immediately by mail once her case is ready for continued processing.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

What do you guys think? :bangin:

Rick and Yanlan

I think that this is a very good sign as they are handling the case and it's not seating on someone's desk (Or shelve). I really hope this will come to a positive conclusion, and finally you will get the visa!!

Good luck!

At least they haven't forgotten about you.

Maybe some good will follow.

-good luck

My take is that your case has remained in Guangzhou. The administrative processing is completed and somebody in GUZ will "review" the findings before authorizing next steps. The next step hoped for is notification to come to Guangzhou, submit her passport and receive her visa two days later.

The potential negative outcomes of the "review" are numerous but I would have expected that anything as negative as returning the case to the States with a recomendation to deny, would have been in this letter, not a later one. I would take it as very positive news but wouldn't venture a guess as to how long before you hear more. Normally, one would expect a matter of two or three weeks but alas, the holidays are upon us. Government operations tend to slow down this time of year.

Interesting wording.. done with 'adminstrative processing'.. but 'in line of waiting to be reviewed'...

makes me think that some processing occurred outside the IV unit, but your namecheck done at NVC would not of expired back in April.. so maybe just documentary verification... In any case, good news to be out of admin processing...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

This sounds positive to me as well. It does not sound negative.

Good luck!

Rick, all I can say is that it's about time something is starting to happen with your case. You have been going through an ordeal that the rest of us hope we will never have to go through. Good Luck! It sounds positive to me. :D

Thanks gusy.

Isn't is amazing how easy I am to please? Just a change words and I am happy. Hope this is going in the right direction. May be another month or 2,but at least it has been TOUCHED!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick and Yanlan

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)