Private Background Check on Fiancee

I was hoping someone can direct me to someone who can give me a compleet backgoround on my Fiancee . I have what I think is all the info I need to do a check on Her . How much should I pay for one , ? will it be in English and How tustworthy are the investigaters ? will she know I am doing this check before they do an official one durring the VISA porcess

Michael

Your timeline says you "fell in love" and now you want to do an investigation on her? I have never heard of anyone here on CFL running background investigations on their wives or fiances'. Either you trust her or you don't. This has to be the weirdest post I have ever seen here. Have you ever been married? If so, did you run a background investigation on your wife? What if she ran one on you? Would your closet be clean? Ahhh f *&%, maybe I'm missing something. :D

I was hoping someone can direct me to someone who can give me a compleet backgoround on my Fiancee . I have what I think is all the info I need to do a check on Her . How much should I pay for one , ? will it be in English and How tustworthy are the investigaters ? will she know I am doing this check before they do an official one durring the VISA porcess

Michael

The government handles all the background checks in dealing with the visa process.Many people DREAM they could do their own :D It would have been so much quicker

Michael

The government handles all the background checks in dealing with the visa process.Many people DREAM they could do their own :D It would have been so much quicker

Michael,

China has a lot of private investigators these days, they are becoming very popular of recent (past 4-5 years). They will do exactly what you are asking for, for a fee. But, they are not official, so it all depends upon how much you can trust them, since you are not so sure about your trust in your fiancee. I do not have any contacts to give you, but if you do some research you will find them out, they are a lot of them.

Goodluck!

Michael

If your fiancee lives in Hong Kong, you might find a private detective that is English and perhaps you can verify their credibility. In mainland China you still run the risk that the investigator is less trustworthy than the subject of the investigation.

In either event, I suppose you could be reasonably confident of confidentiality. However, If you have an actual reason prompting you to do this other than natural male fear and paranoia, then this might be a good time to test your communication ability by attempting to resolve the issue between the two of you.

In general, I would feel far more confident my relationship was genuine if I were fully introduced to and spent time with her close relatives. The negative stories I've heard/read are primarily between couples where only a supposed family member or three were ever met. In those cases, it was pretty simple to pose a scam partner or two as a brother or cousin while plying the foreigner with romance. Certainly, if you have legitimate issues/concerns, you'll want to resolve them but you might well find they remain, even after positive results are returned by any private detective.

I think it is perfectly legitimate to discuss with a fiancee, the need for police reports and other background information required in preparation for the interview. For instance, there are issues like membership in the Communist Party that cause big snags in the Visa process. Just simply going through filling out all the various forms that will be needed later in the process will raise many of these questions without confrontation. The answers will tell you a lot.

PIs are technically illegal in China. Lawyers often fill that void.

Really? I wasn't aware of this regulation at all.

This from the TIMES magazine NOV 2006:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...52060-1,00.html

The spiraling divorce rate has presented opportunities for China's entrepreneurial classes. The number of divorce lawyers in the city has quintupled in the past five years. Detective agencies specializing in marital investigations are proliferating. Zhang Kaidong, the self-dubbed "Mistress Buster," employs former policemen, journalists, athletes and bodyguards for his three-year-old private-eye firm in Shanghai. Much of his business involves investigating assets for women who worry that their soon-to-be ex-husbands will lowball their savings in divorce court. "Before, women wouldn't fight for their share because they were so embarrassed about divorce," he says. "But it's a material world now." Zhang is no exception. His fees for a basic case are $1,500, roughly half what an average Shanghai resident earns in a year.

The spiraling divorce rate has presented opportunities for China's entrepreneurial classes. The number of divorce lawyers in the city has quintupled in the past five years. Detective agencies specializing in marital investigations are proliferating. Zhang Kaidong, the self-dubbed "Mistress Buster," employs former policemen, journalists, athletes and bodyguards for his three-year-old private-eye firm in Shanghai. Much of his business involves investigating assets for women who worry that their soon-to-be ex-husbands will lowball their savings in divorce court. "Before, women wouldn't fight for their share because they were so embarrassed about divorce," he says. "But it's a material world now." Zhang is no exception. His fees for a basic case are $1,500, roughly half what an average Shanghai resident earns in a year.

All I can say is , if your fiancee feel you have little trust in her , and find out you are thinking about , doing this , i think you will learn a good lesson about chinese women for sure,i think this is between you and her , if you love her and she love you , then you should remember , trust and love is in this order, if she is your fiancee , and you have spent time with her , you can tell all you need to know, some things women can not hide , you have a brain and a heart, i would never in my right mind , have my fiancee investaged, it,s all about present and future not past ,just my opion

All I can say is , if your fiancee feel you have little trust in her , and find out you are thinking about , doing this , i think you will learn a good lesson about chinese women for sure,i think this is between you and her , if you love her and she love you , then you should remember , trust and love is in this order, if she is your fiancee , and you have spent time with her , you can tell all you need to know, some things women can not hide , you have a brain and a heart, i would never in my right mind , have my fiancee investaged, it,s all about present and future not past ,just my opion

Finally, someone (MRMC too) who agrees with my first post. What kind of a relationship is it when you have to go hire someone to investigate your fiance? I guess if you're a businessman and want to treat it as some kind of land investment, you would want to check it out. The last time I checked, our SO's are "human beings" and not "land."

you have a brain and a heart,
let's hope so. As someone else already pointed out, they go through God knows how many name checks and investigations. What more do you want? How many of us have "perfect" backgrounds? JMO :rolleyes:
Finally, someone (MRMC too) who agrees with my first post. What kind of a relationship is it when you have to go hire someone to investigate your fiance? I guess if you're a businessman and want to treat it as some kind of land investment, you would want to check it out. The last time I checked, our SO's are "human beings" and not "land."
you have a brain and a heart,
let's hope so. As someone else already pointed out, they go through God knows how many name checks and investigations. What more do you want? How many of us have "perfect" backgrounds? JMO :rolleyes:

Ron, I agree totally. What would anyone be doing in a long distance romance where they profess love, only to run a background check? I don't understand how anyone can fall in love with someone they don't trust. Isn't knowing someone and trusting them a prerequisite to love??

From China Daily, May 9th, 2004 (emphasis mine):

"China to regulate private detective services

(Xinhua)

Updated: 2004-05-09 11:25

The Ministry of Public Security is now launching a survey in China's major cities on the development of private investigation services, paving the way for the legalization and regulation of the newly-emerged industry.

Peng Yong, deputy general manager of the Chongqing-based Bangde Commercial Investigation Co. Ltd., said the survey his company accepted included items like its services scope, way of charging fees, investigation means and investigation tools the company used.

Liu Xiaolin, head of a Sichuan-based information services company said the private detective industry had not gained legalization in China so far. The survey launched by the Ministry of Public Security in the country's major ten cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai and Chongqing, was widely regarded as a prelude to legalizing the industry."

Private investigation has existed in a kind of "shadow world" as it was believed by the government that such services could jeopardize "security". It is a VERY recent development that allows P.I.'s, and the business will be heavily regulated.

Attorneys have served as "investigators", but they run the risk of getting in trouble if they uncover something they shouldn't have discovered.

From the same article:

"Bai Yalin, an officer with the Sichuan Provincial Public Security Department, said it was necessary to legalize the private investigation industry because of the increasingly huge market needs. However, the scope of private detective's right of investigation as well as the investigation means they could use must be strictly defined."

Last I heard, the survey and regulations weren't complete.

Best Regards

From China Daily, May 9th, 2004 (emphasis mine):

"China to regulate private detective services

(Xinhua)

Updated: 2004-05-09 11:25

The Ministry of Public Security is now launching a survey in China's major cities on the development of private investigation services, paving the way for the legalization and regulation of the newly-emerged industry.

Interesting. I didn't know this. Thanks for the article.

Michael,

I agree with you. You are the best person to make the judgement. Like no one would invest money into something without doing a due diligence investigation, nor should you go into a relationship without checking the woman out if you have any doubts. I had a few girl friends before and I did some investigation, one turned out to be engaged to an Australian and one married to an American in Southern CA, the third was seeing some one else in China. If the woman is asking for financial help, do check her out.