How does your SO feel about Halloween

Walk thru a store and see the witches masks and skulls and she shakes her head and waves her hand and says "No likea, no likea" as if it is a bad omen.

Most, if not all, of our Chinese friends don't partake in this holiday. One friend's 8 year old daughter asked me if I would take her Trick-or-Treating tonight, as most of her friends are doing this now. So, in a bit I will be taking my Angel, Sandy, out for her first night of Trick-or-Treat.

I still don't know if Leiqin understood why I went to work, unshaven, hair uncombed, wearing my pajamas, bath robe, slippers and wife-beater shirt. :roller: Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do.....

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

I just reported the same thing in my bloggety-blog. It really surprised me, but she only kinda did it the first year. After that, it was buy the candy and eat it; not give it away.

Don.

Same thing! Buying candy was a waste etc, etc, etc! Then her niece from China called her! Wanted to know what she had done so far? Alice was at a loss for words. The niece persisted wanting to know what she had done for Halloween. Did she have pumpkins < aka Jack o Lantern >? Candy for children? What kind of candy? How much candy did she give each child?

I'm thinking how in the name of Hell, did a child in China know so much about Halloween?!?

Answer: The teacher decided to teach English to them using word games. The children would come to the teacher and say "Trick or Treat!¡± The teacher would give them questions. Darn, teacher even had them bring costumes to school. For the poorer students, she gave them towels and sheets. The she allowed them pretend to be something else that they could devise!

Damn! I got my Halloween ¡°treats¡± with this! I love a dedicated and imaginative teacher!

However, I digress, photos even now are being E-mailed to China, with my wife and her first pumpkin she ever carved. I still loved the look on her face as she cleaned out the inside! My wife is a notorious ¡°neat freak!¡± The squishy innards were a sight to behold!

Dave

P.S. She was frugal. She kept the seeds for cooking later. She stated that they were good for the sex drive. Don¡¯t even ask here!!!!!

Why don't ghosts have babies? Because they have Hallow weenies!

Yes. Halloween was a big hit here. (as I noted in Don's blog) It's one of my favorite holidays at least the years when there are kids running about the neighborhood.

Yuanyang,

This joke may need a bit of polish! From another site.

Try ths for size........

This goes out to the sheep and goat gang in this forum May you bucles remain steadfast!

College professor is teaching a psychology class and today the discussion is about superstition.

"The Professor asks his students if the concept of ghosts is familiar to them. They all put up their hands.

He then asks how many of the students believe in ghosts. Half of the students put up their hands.

"Has anyone seen a ghost" he asks. To which ten hands go up.

"Have any of you had a sexual encounter with a ghost". One little guy at the back puts up his hand.

The professor is astounded and rushes over and gasps "You've had sex with a ghost??!!!"

"Ohhhh ghost! I thought you said goat!!!"

Interesting thread on cultural differences. My wife also doesn't like Halloween. The ghosts and monster costumes she sees at the store creep her out. She says on "ghost holliday in China no one go outside" She tolerates the trick or treaters but she doesn't particularly enjoy the holliday.

I'm a fool.

I spent my holloweenie finishing the moving of my ex, again. Well I still need a signature or 2 in the future. shhhhh!

She got a bunch of us over there. Then she never showed up. Then on the unloading end no one was home. Hmm, partying way over in Dallas. So me and her daughter and a friend finish it anyway.

I saw a lot of trick or treaters. Mostly hispanic. I thought about our little 6 yr old and wondered if I can interest her in doing this next year or whenever? I hope so. But I will have to do what we always disliked. Go to another neighborhood. I live in the country.

I wonder if my wife will want to dress up and get that bag of candy too. She looks young enough. Hmm, she is so COST conscience I truly would not put it past her. Honestly. Gotta love her. :unsure:

Dennis glad you got to do what I was wanting to do tonight. Thanks, as always.

She said...

"hollow what?"

This is no kidding... had no clue, which is good because this day is a Mars-M&M sponsored event anyway!

Since Halloween dates back to 5th century Europe, I have serious doubts about Mars-M&M's have been sponsoring this event for the past 15 centuries.

She bought some candy in case any children come. It was her own idea after speaking with Latinos in her ESL class. The conversation broadened to ethnic food ... tomorrow she is bringing a dumpling sampler to ESL class.

Halloween was a complete success ... by my criteria, zero trick or treaters. When I asked Lao Po what she was going to do with that bag of candy I got a big grin ...

:surprise:

My SO got dressed up as a 17th century lady and went out to treat or treat with my 9 years old daughter. She was have more fun than my daughter and being her first Halloween, she really enjoyed it. She didn't even like the candies. She looked like a 5'5" 7 years old girl running around so excited.