When a Chinese woman is packing

When a Chinese woman is packing in front of you, she is hoping her husband to ask her to stay otherwise she would have sneaked away. She is hoping you'd tell her she is needed here.

I didn't pick up on this when in this situation... she told me she wanted to leave and was insulting me. I felt she wanted to all along. I hope never to be in that situation again in my life, it was very painful

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't pick up on this when in this situation... she told me she wanted to leave and was insulting me. I felt she wanted to all along. I hope never to be in that situation again in my life, it was very painful

Your ex is different from those who barely speak English. She is sort of Americanized.

I guess she thinks she is over qualified. She has higher expectations than the people who barely speak English.

But it was an enjoyable piece, mostly, though the last part about the police did not seem to fit with the first two parts.

I mean when one saw his wife packing, he called police immediately. The crack would be too large to reconcile.

I am the man who called the police on my wife when she started packing up. I have done some stupid things in my life but this was the crowning achievement of my stupidity.

My SO and myself that morning had a big disagreement about our finances. She left the house and took a walk for maybe 10 minutes. When she came back she started packing up her things. I asked what she was going to do. No answer. I asked her again. No answer. I left our bedroom and I heard the drawers slamming and a loud bang, I guess it was her suitcase falling to the floor. I over reacted and called 911. I hung up as soon as I called the number but too late 911 called back and I told them what was happening. They sent a Deputy to our home. Just before he arrived Li was finished packing and was standing there looking at me and I knew right away I made a terrible mistake. The Cop knocked on the door and I let him in. He was a big and tough Deputy with an attitude. He asked me 3 different times if Lihua tried to harm me. He wanted to arrest my wife for something. I told him no she just wants to leave. The cop took Li over to a Chinese Girlfriends home to stay. I was told that I should be on the look out to be possibly set up for a Domestic Violence Charge in order for a new bride to get a free Green Card pass. I allowed this information to cloud my mind about my wife!

Later that evening a friend of ours tried to mediate our difficulty out. He called me back and told me Lihua wishes to get a divorce now. Lihua did not say she wanted a divorce from me. Through her broken English she told him that Chinese People no divorce. He misunderstood her. Instead calling my wife and talking to her about this and bringing her back home I wrote a scathing post about our troubles. WTF I was on the stupidity bus and I was on a roll.

I did apologize to my most precious wife for my actions and told her that I love her very much and I still tell Zhu that I love her very much and apologize to her everyday. Unfortunately she is not here to hear my words of love and apologies anymore. We are heading for a divorce now.

When a Chinese woman is packing in front of you, she is hoping her husband to ask her to stay otherwise she would have sneaked away. She is hoping you'd tell her she is needed here.

On a similar note, when my wife said she hated me and got in the car with her passport and credit card to drive to the airport and return to China she fully expected me to

stop her, or

follow her, or

look for her, or

wait home until she calmed down and returned. But, most of all to continue to love her and show it and mean it.

I did not do those things and I was not home when she returned later that morning. I am still mop slapped regularly for these lapses.

Once I was in China with my Ex girlfriend ,the one who had the temper . we were in a hotel room in xian and she had a friend in that city. On occasion she would call me stupid and after a while of this I told her that I did not like being called stupid. Well right after I said that she picked up her suitcase and walked out of the room saying she was going to stay with her friend. Here I am in the middle of China ,cannot speak chinese and half of my luggage in Beijing, About 10 minutes later I hear a knock on the door and it was her. First thing she asked was why I did not stop her from leaving. I told her I am not her keeper and if she desired to leave she can leave. She unpacked and stayed. Maybe difference of culture. It was high time she learned about some western ones. At times she still called me stupid and I just let it roll off my back. Glad I did not marry that one. :angry:

Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)

Tom, don't feel guilty anymore. Life has to go on. Let time fade everything. Move on.

I posted this topic for new comers to know what it means when wifey is packing.

yuehan has got it through mopslaps :gathering: . Carl got it without mopslap!

I am the man who called the police on my wife when she started packing up. I have done some stupid things in my life but this was the crowning achievement of my stupidity.

My SO and myself that morning had a big disagreement about our finances. She left the house and took a walk for maybe 10 minutes. When she came back she started packing up her things. I asked what she was going to do. No answer. I asked her again. No answer. I left our bedroom and I heard the drawers slamming and a loud bang, I guess it was her suitcase falling to the floor. I over reacted and called 911. I hung up as soon as I called the number but too late 911 called back and I told them what was happening. They sent a Deputy to our home. Just before he arrived Li was finished packing and was standing there looking at me and I knew right away I made a terrible mistake. The Cop knocked on the door and I let him in. He was a big and tough Deputy with an attitude. He asked me 3 different times if Lihua tried to harm me. He wanted to arrest my wife for something. I told him no she just wants to leave. The cop took Li over to a Chinese Girlfriends home to stay. I was told that I should be on the look out to be possibly set up for a Domestic Violence Charge in order for a new bride to get a free Green Card pass. I allowed this information to cloud my mind about my wife!

Later that evening a friend of ours tried to mediate our difficulty out. He called me back and told me Lihua wishes to get a divorce now. Lihua did not say she wanted a divorce from me. Through her broken English she told him that Chinese People no divorce. He misunderstood her. Instead calling my wife and talking to her about this and bringing her back home I wrote a scathing post about our troubles. WTF I was on the stupidity bus and I was on a roll.

I did apologize to my most precious wife for my actions and told her that I love her very much and I still tell Zhu that I love her very much and apologize to her everyday. Unfortunately she is not here to hear my words of love and apologies anymore. We are heading for a divorce now.

[On a similar note, when my wife said she hated me and got in the car with her passport and credit card to drive to the airport and return to China she fully expected me to

stop her, or

follow her, or

look for her, or

wait home until she calmed down and returned. But, most of all to continue to love her and show it and mean it.

I did not do those things and I was not home when she returned later that morning. I am still mop slapped regularly for these lapses.

Does she mopslap you like this? "How could you have no heart like this? When I packed, you didn't want me to stay, you didn't stop me or follow me as you didn't care what could happen to me. I was new here and was so dependent on you and you didn't care for me :D you just let me go :D :) "

I just called my husband and asked him the question " what would he do if I packed my luggage in front of him in the US?" Guess what he said first, he said he didnt want to asnwer it, because it would be never happend. :P then he said I worried too much. When I told him this is hypothesis, He asked me what would chinese men do ? I told him most of chinese men would stop wife packing. Then he said he would stop that too. Is he a smart husband or a very sly husband :roller: ? as usual he told me Chinese women include me should tell american husbands what we really want directly,as men cant always read women's mind :o Again, he said he didnt see it in the book of chinese culture. I told him that he should study it from practise, not book :roller:

I just called my husband and asked him the question " what would he do if I packed my luggage in front of him in the US?" Guess what he said first, he said he didnt want to asnwer it, because it would be never happend. :P then he said I worried too much. When I told him this is hypothesis, He asked me what would chinese men do ? I told him most of chinese men would stop wife packing. Then he said he would stop that too. Is he a smart husband or a very sly husband :o ? as usual he told me Chinese women include me should tell american husbands what we really want directly,as men cant always read women's mind :lol: Again, he said he didnt see it in the book of chinese culture. I told him that he should study it from practise, not book :D

If I were packing, my Paper Tiger would say:"Go wherever you like, be with anyone you want!"

Maybe I should make him leave - I'll call his friend Frank to take him to a bar, or I just send him back to his mother's arms. I'll bribe his mother first so I have an ally on his territory:-)

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

I learned yes means no, bye means hello, and I'm leaving means I am really mad. I was was just trying to be helpful ;)

You are really a good interpreter :blink: , for interpreting Chinglish into English.