When a Chinese woman is packing

When a Chinese woman is packing in front of you, she is hoping her husband to ask her to stay otherwise she would have sneaked away. She is hoping you'd tell her she is needed here.

When I was 9 years old, my mother fought with my father. My mother went to my grandparents house. When my mother was absent, I cut my finger when cutting veges. It's a minor cut but I pretended it as a major cut. I rolled my finger with a long strip of cloth and went to my grandparents house to ask my mother home cuz my finger was very VERY painful. She wanted me to tell my father. My father went to my grandparents house, back home with my mother.

This is our culture for generations.

I was told: when a lady says no, it means perhaps. When she says perhaps, it mean yes. If she says yes, she is not a lady.

When a diplomat says yes, it mean perhaps. When he says perhaps, it means no. If he says no, he is not a diplomat.

A Chinese woman who has not been Americanized is scared of POLICE. "I didn't commit any crime, why the police come to arrest me?!" She is shocked, scared, "blank in head". The hurt is too much, like the feeling of an American POW (prisoner of war) in the Philippines in 1940s, hopeless and scared to death.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Eunice!

Now you have done it!

I was told: when a lady says no, it means perhaps. When she says perhaps, it mean yes. If she says yes, she is not a lady.

When a diplomat says yes, it mean perhaps. When he says perhaps, it means no. If he says no, he is not a diplomat.

Just when I thought Chinese ladies were more logical than most Western women! < No flames people! This isn¡¯t downgrading any women! >

Someone....< Hint, Eunice! > just absolutely had to come along and "rain on my parade!"

Well! Back to the old male dominated proverbial blackboard! Maybe a Ouiji board will predict what my wife has planned next!

Yeah! Rightttttt!

I am hesitant to make any concluding remarks. However, I enjoyed most of your witty comments, Eunice. :)

. . . and just to make sure your remarks AREN'T concluding, I'll post here. Me, too.

....I probably used a wrong word. :unsure:

You did not use a wrong word. That was a good thought and well expressed. I also remain inconclusive in my reaction to her post. But it was an enjoyable piece, mostly, though the last part about the police did not seem to fit with the first two parts.

But it was an enjoyable piece, mostly, though the last part about the police did not seem to fit with the first two parts.

I mean when one saw his wife packing, he called police immediately. The crack would be too large to reconcile.

When a Chinese woman is packing in front of you, she is hoping her husband to ask her to stay otherwise she would have sneaked away. She is hoping you'd tell her she is needed here.

When I was 9 years old, my mother fought with my father. My mother went to my grandparents house. When my mother was absent, I cut my finger when cutting veges. It's a minor cut but I pretended it as a major cut. I rolled my finger with a long strip of cloth and went to my grandparents house to ask my mother home cuz my finger was very VERY painful. She wanted me to tell my father. My father went to my grandparents house, back home with my mother.

This is our culture for generations.

A Chinese woman who has not been Americanized is scared of POLICE. "I didn't commit any crime, why the police come to arrest me?!" She is shocked, scared, "blank in head". The hurt is too much, like the feeling of an American POW (prisoner of war) in the Philippines in 1940s, hopeless and scared to death.

I agree with you! We chinese sometimes said opposite or do opposite from the word out of from our mouth. I have told my husband many times when I said No to him , it doest really mean NO. sometimes it is YES too. :ph34r:

My husband is still studying that :boxer:

I agree with you! We chinese sometimes said opposite or do opposite from the word out of from our mouth. I have told my husband many times when I said No to him , it doest really mean NO. sometimes it is YES too. :ph34r:

OK

Now I'm really confused!

No means No, but, sometimes it means YES?

Yes means No but, sometimes it means YES?

Ummmm sometimes means YES and NO.

Paula when your husband finishes studying this

please post the results

I guess I'm one stupid husband

Bobby....

On the contrary, I'm the one who is learning. I just speak direct "If we drift apart, I'm not able to swim back."

I agree with you! We chinese sometimes said opposite or do opposite from the word out of from our mouth. I have told my husband many times when I said No to him , it doest really mean NO. sometimes it is YES too. :)

My husband is still studying that :D

OK

Now I'm really confused!

No means No, but, sometimes it means YES?

Yes means No but, sometimes it means YES?

Ummmm sometimes means YES and NO.

Paula when your husband finishes studying this

please post the results

I guess I'm one stupid husband

Bobby....

Yeah, Bobby we're all confused. Welcome to dealing with women.

Oh, and to make matters worse, this is only when they have decided to act lady like.

Once, they decide to stop acting like a lady the rules change. So you may never know what rules apply.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)