What is GUZ actually looking for in our case?

Hello, my dear friends in CFL,

Wondering if anyone can give us an idea on what GUZ is actually looking/considering on our case. My husband and I married in Nov. 2004 (Yes, 2-year anniversary in a few days!) This is the first marriage for both of us. We are about the same age, and have similar education degree and same language. I have visited him 7 times in 2 years in China. So our case is fairly easy and simple. We had an CR1 interview in September, but got a blue slip. VO said she is fine with everything except needs my husband's resume. (He is a beneficiary). My husband has been in Russia for many years for work and for his PhD degree. He studies Psychology, and works part time as a branch manager for Chinese company doing trading business. We submitted the resume 3 weeks ago but got another blue slip. This time, they did not ask anything more but said just wait for 3 months for result. What is GUZ considering? The only thing we can think about is his background in Russia. We had his official police report from Russia, and the name check should have been done. Do you think GUZ needs to conduct more name check? Appreciate very much for your insight. Thank you!

yes I agree with you that high educated people got penalty in the visa processing. We chinese here are proud of our good jobs, high educated backgrounds, but for America, they dont care, they would rather let a person who never go to high school, or a farmer even a prostitute here go to the US without any other additional security check at all. Sorry I dont offend anyone's SO here, but I did heard few hookers got Americans fiancee and went to the US without any problem.

About background check, I am confused now, so is DOS. I was told my 3 background checks are done in washington already, but seems GZ asked for 4th check again?? DOS thought GZ might repeat name check again and again. on the blue slip, I was just told GZ will run A routine name check to me, not 3 or 4 times name check? Should I let my husband contact senator again?

My wife has an M.A. from an Australian University - will this put her at a disadvantage? She would like to do something in the media industry in the USA.

I am really nervous now. What should we do to prepare for any questions by the embassy? Should she not say that she would like to work in the media industry in the USA?

Thank you for your advice.

I am sure it will definitely help by asking senator to send an inquiry to GUZ. I am thinking about doing the same thing too if I don't hear from them in another month or so. Good louck to both of us!

My husband contacted the congresswoman, senator many times during my whole visa processing, honestly it didnt help at all, They just like a postman, transfered our inquiry to GZ consulate, But one thing is good that consulate must answer their inquirty, but sometimes ignored our petitioner or applicants inquiry.

Good luck!!!

We got the exact same thing. It took 6 weeks until the second blue slip. Poor lili opened it in front of me on Wengo videophone. and cried. I just got an email back today (4 weeks after second blue slip) saying name check is complete, reviewing. "we will send you further instructions". I thought they were doing a SAO fro state department. but such a quick response means they either started a SAO Mantis or Condor before the resume arrived, or it was just a simple namecheck thingy. We are a few weeks ahead of you in the same process. LiLi works at a tier one electronics firm for the oil industry. That got us gigged. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Hello, Chucky,

Thank you for your information. One good thing is your case at least still moving. So it will soon come to the end with good news. I just called DOS and they told me that name check was already completed in US. They could not tell me if additional name check is required or not, but just said the case is pending. Well, if assuming no name check is required, what it's pending for?? I really don't have idea.

Great news. We are two weeks ahead of you in the same process. My birthfay is today and she received the letter for visa. It says come in with a fresh not-married certificate, and no-crime certificate in person at guangzhou. and wait for visa. (in Guangzhou). So in two weeks she will have Visa!!!! She will go to Embassy next weekend. No appointment needed from what she said. FINALLY... Good luck on this path..... :D

Great news. We are two weeks ahead of you in the same process. My birthfay is today and she received the letter for visa. It says come in with a fresh not-married certificate, and no-crime certificate in person at guangzhou. and wait for visa. (in Guangzhou). So in two weeks she will have Visa!!!! She will go to Embassy next weekend. No appointment needed from what she said. FINALLY... Good luck on this path..... :D

Hey, that's great to hear! Congrats!!!!

Good luck going forward!