Interview in the morning!

Hello, Everyone!

Rongjiao and I are now in Guangzhou, will pick up the medical examination results this afternoon. So far, everything has gone off without a hitch. We are staying in the older section of town in a hotel that costs the equivalent of $18 USD per night. We have taken the "Metro" to the consulate yesterday and plan to do that again in the morning. We have planned the 30 minute, very fast ride to within a block of the consulate so will make the 7:15 AM schedule very well.

Regarding any new questions or information about ex'es: I'm not sure whether my SO got the old or new letter, so she'll just have to wing it knowing her ex'es whereabouts and such. I don't think we'll have a problem if that is an issue because her son lives with her ex and they have good contact at least on a weekly basis. Her ex does not however, know what she is up to at this point!

If all goes well, my SO and I will be flying back to the USA together on October 19. Getting one-way airline tickets might be a problem, but I guess we'll work that out as time deems necessary.

I asked my SO to remember the questions so that I can post the results and information for other's so interested.

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

Mr Bill

The best of luck to you and your SO. I'm sure you will do fine. Let us know about those one way tickets. I might need to know about that later. Best Wishes! :(

Mr Bill

The best of luck to you and your SO. I'm sure you will do fine. Let us know about those one way tickets. I might need to know about that later. Best Wishes! :rolleyes:

Good luck Mr. Bill. We just bought one way tickets and it is almost as expensive as round trip tickets from CA. Think we paid almost 700.00 and bought them straight from the airport. There are agencies in GZ that will try to sell you expensive tickets and tell you that if you don't buy them they will run out which isn't true.

Hello, Everyone!

Rongjiao and I are now in Guangzhou, will pick up the medical examination results this afternoon. So far, everything has gone off without a hitch. We are staying in the older section of town in a hotel that costs the equivalent of $18 USD per night. We have taken the "Metro" to the consulate yesterday and plan to do that again in the morning. We have planned the 30 minute, very fast ride to within a block of the consulate so will make the 7:15 AM schedule very well.

Regarding any new questions or information about ex'es: I'm not sure whether my SO got the old or new letter, so she'll just have to wing it knowing her ex'es whereabouts and such. I don't think we'll have a problem if that is an issue because her son lives with her ex and they have good contact at least on a weekly basis. Her ex does not however, know what she is up to at this point!

If all goes well, my SO and I will be flying back to the USA together on October 19. Getting one-way airline tickets might be a problem, but I guess we'll work that out as time deems necessary.

I asked my SO to remember the questions so that I can post the results and information for other's so interested.

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

October 19th is when I am planning my return to the US. Ying will be coming back on the 31st, so I will be flying solo. My carrier is Continental to Newark, NJ, then on to San Antonio. What will you be flying, and if possible maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee before we leave on our respective flights.

Hello, Everyone!

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

Best of luck for you.......We will be looking for the good news....

Hello, Everyone!

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

Good luck at the Interview!! We're all pulling for you!!

Hello, Everyone!

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

October 19th is when I am planning my return to the US. Ying will be coming back on the 31st, so I will be flying solo. My carrier is Continental to Newark, NJ, then on to San Antonio. What will you be flying, and if possible maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee before we leave on our respective flights.

Hello, Carl!

I'll likely fly using "uschinatrip.com". So far, the tickets are $837 from Guilin to Green Bay, WI. The airlines will likely be China Southern and United. A snag however! We picked up the medical envelope from the hospital today. They had a list and we found that my SO did not have the needed "Notarial Unmarried Certificate". Right now, she is on a jet from Guangzhou to Guilin where she'll bus to Xing'an and someone will wait for her to get her the certificate. The problem is that she will return on an 8:00AM flight that will arrive back here about 9:00AM. Her interview is scheduled for 7:15AM. She will be late. I'm going to the consulate early and try to stall them off, hopefully for only a few hours. My SO will meet me at the consulate, I'm only hoping that they still take her in for the interview. What the hell, those interviews are only a few minutes long! I'll be looking for you if you are flying out of Guilin.

Mr Bill

Hello, Everyone!

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

Hello, Carl!

I'll likely fly using "uschinatrip.com". So far, the tickets are $837 from Guilin to Green Bay, WI. The airlines will likely be China Southern and United. A snag however! We picked up the medical envelope from the hospital today. They had a list and we found that my SO did not have the needed "Notarial Unmarried Certificate". Right now, she is on a jet from Guangzhou to Guilin where she'll bus to Xing'an and someone will wait for her to get her the certificate. The problem is that she will return on an 8:00AM flight that will arrive back here about 9:00AM. Her interview is scheduled for 7:15AM. She will be late. I'm going to the consulate early and try to stall them off, hopefully for only a few hours. My SO will meet me at the consulate, I'm only hoping that they still take her in for the interview. What the hell, those interviews are only a few minutes long! I'll be looking for you if you are flying out of Guilin.

Mr Bill

I too would like to wish you , Bill & Rogjiao the very best of luck , my SO will be interview on Oct 12, i pray God be with you

Hello, Everyone!

Please wish us luck!

Bill & Rongjiao

Hello, Carl!

Mr Bill

Ok.....I'll be flying out of Yanji bound for Beijing at 8 AM onthe 19th. There I will about a 4 to 5 hour layover waiting for the 3:45 Continental flight to Newark.