Filed AOS package today....I-485/765/131

Well, apparently our packet is TOO perfect; the San Jose BCIS rejected our AOS application. Reason: “Fingerprint fee ($50) IS NOT REQUIRED FOR K-1 FIANCEE”. So much for the Service part of BCIS, it’s so personal, even fees are different from different offices.

My spin on this: Is Fiancé required to pay the fingerprint fee? :)

sy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apparently our packet is TOO perfect; the San Jose BCIS rejected our AOS application.  Reason: “Fingerprint fee ($50) IS NOT REQUIRED FOR K-1 FIANCEE”.  So much for the Service part of BCIS, it’s so personal, even fees are different from different offices.  

My spin on this: Is Fiancé required to pay the fingerprint fee? :D

sy

This is ridiculous. Sorry to hear that.

Did they return the whole thing or just the Fingerprint fee check?

Did you make ONE check for all fees or a check per fee ?

Our fingerprint fee was accepted. It's even showing on the "AOS grocery" receipt from BCIS. along with I765, I131 and I485 fees.

And they even cashed all 4 checks 4 days after they issued the receipt and a week after I mailed them in.. B) Some people I know waited 2 months before their own check were cashed..Go figure.

Latest news: Yuhui received today her AOS fingerprint appointment letter for next Tuesday..so they DEFINITELY accepted our FP fee

:) :(

They returned the whole thing, and I just have to remove that one $50 check and resend the whole package again. I know for a fact BCIS is infamous for rejecting applications for underpaying/overpaying fees, but this time they’ve gone too far. Obviously, this “grocer” is not very good at counting beans. :)

sy

It seems the simple questions are the ones I have the most trouble with. On I-485, what to put for "current INS status" - fiancee?

Will she put her new married name on the I-485 and other AOS forms, or will she use her maiden name and just include copies of the marriage cert showing her new name?

It seems the simple questions are the ones I have the most trouble with.  On I-485, what to put for "current INS status" - fiancee?

Will she put her new married name on the I-485 and other AOS forms, or will she use her maiden name and just include copies of the marriage cert showing her new name?

Yes, current status is k-1 fiancee.

I would suggest that You wife wirte her new name on the forms.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks so much for Eric's list!

i went with my husband to BCIS to submit my files in person on 5/15,and i prepared all my docs based on the list Eric posted here.

I found that i missed a year of tax-return forms from my co-sponsor the day before i went BCIS,i was worried i'd meet problem with that,but the fact is the lady who checked my files seemed ok with this and didn't mention anything about it,hopefully she just didn't notice it,though she spent an hour on my files, :angry:

Here in Boston,we're required to file in person now.And the benefit is i got my 1-year EAD,AP and fingerprint notice on the same day i went to submit the docs,and luckily,i got my AOS Interview set on Sep 2nd,which is before many K1 girls who submitted the files before I,the girl who went the same day as I got her interview date late in Nov. ;)

Really the requirement will be different from each BCIS and will even be different from each clerk there.U'll see...They just work in a way u can never tell the reason and order is.. :angry:

• 2 months later...