Filed AOS package today....I-485/765/131

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

I just got back from GuangZhou with Summer. We had a quick wedding at VivaLasVegas.com to make everything official. I was still suffering form jet lag when I read about the next phase of the K-1 process.

Wow, I was oblivious to this volume of bureaucratic bull. I mistakenly thought we were home free.

I knew there was a birth certificate in Summers brown immigration packet so we didn't worry too much about it. The problem is the BCIS troll at LAX kept everything.

Do they really insist on another copy of the birth certificate? I am not sure how to get another one.

I am stunned.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AOS. :)

Birth Certificate is needed to file AOS. We had a similar experience as you with the airport folks keeping all the documents. Li had a relative get her another official copy in China and then sent it to us. That seems to work pretty well. Good luck!

Just a quick note about overpayment: When I filed my I-129F, I sent the requisite $110 (or whatever was on the form). I was really suprised when I got a cheque in the mail two months later from the treasury for around $28.00. So, apparently, they do give refunds, just don't expend them anytime soon :)

btw, great info, and thanks a ton! I was afraid I was going to be asking about this very same information in a few months..