Filed AOS package today....I-485/765/131

Thoughts we'd share what we did in case someone needs some guidance on that AOS business.

Lots of homework and triple-checking got into this...

Filed at Kansas City office ( by certified/ return receipt mail )

We used the checklists below as cover page for each I- forms filing, and tabbed each document in sequence, like A1, A2, A3 etc... B1, B2, B3 .... C1, C2 etc.. ( Just our own numbering.. Not required ) to allow fast retrieval by the BCIS paper-shuffler folks. Documents in package A, B and C were hole-punched at the top with ACCO fasterners and tabbed at the bottom. This is actually a BCIS "how to assemble your mail" tip. I guess they must like this. So we obliged ;)

PACKET " A" DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

I-485 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

A1/ FORM I-485 APPLICATION FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

A2/ CHECK #xxxx FOR $ 255 I-485 FEE

A3/ CHECK #xxxx FOR $ 50 FINGERPRINTING FEE

A4/ FORM I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT NOTARIZED

A5/ COPY OF TAX RETURNS FY 2000, 2001 AND 2002 WITH OATH OF AUTHENTICITY

A6/ LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT & 3 RECENT PAYSTUBS

A7/ FC-029 FOR ME ( Not listed as needed, but it's my affidavit that copies submitted are true)

A8/ FORM G325A BIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ( YUHUI ONLY )

A9/ BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH CERTIFIED TRANSLATION (YUHUI ONLY)

A10/ MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE / NAME CHANGE ( NOTARIZED / CERTIFIED )

A11/ COPY OF PRIOR DIVORCE JUDGEMENT ( if applicable )

A12/ 2 ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PHOTOS/ ADIT

A13/ FRONT AND BACK COPY OF I-94 # xxxxxxx

A14/ COPY OF I-797 APPROVAL NOTICE FOR I-129F PETITION (NOA2)

A15/ SUPPLEMENTAL VACCINATIONS FORM TO FORM I-693

A16/ FORM FC-029 FOR YUHUI (See A7 )

PACKET "B" DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

I-765 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

B1/ FORM I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

B2/ CHECK # xxxx FOR $120 EAD FEE

B3/ FRONT AND BACK COPY OF I-94 # xxxx

B4/ COPY OF K-1 VISA # xxxx

B5/ COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

B6/ 2 EAD PHOTOS / ADIT

PACKET "C" DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

I-131 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

C1/ FORM I-131 ADVANCE PAROLE

C2/ CHECK xxxx FOR $ 110 I-131 FEE

C3/ FORM I-131 PART 7 LETTER OF EXPLANATION ( not really needed per recent BCIS memo to field offices , but hey, we were on the roll )

C4/ FRONT AND BACK COPY OF I-94 # xxxxxxx

C5/ COPY OF K-1 VISA AND PASSPORT PAGES

C6/ COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

C7/ 2 ADVANCE PAROLE PHOTOS (ADIT )

Note 1: Probably submitted more photos that needed, but what the heck.

Note 2 : Since we concurrently filed the 3 forms ( our packets A, B and C ), I put a copy of marriage certificate in each 3 package to show name change and matching records between original I-129F docs and visa/ passport ( with her maiden name), and her new married name on I-495, 765 and 131.

Note 3 : You can download printable BCIS forms above right here!

Hope this can help others.

Now we wait for the I-131 approval notice new form I-512L

, mostly, so we can leave for France / Germany later in May. EAD is not crucial for us time-wise.

;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flora_713

Eric and Yuhui,

Thanks. This is great information. I'm just wondering what documents I need to bring over to the States with a k1 visa. So I only need one copy notarized birth certificate, right?

:blink:

Eric and Yuhui,

Thanks. This is great information. I'm just wondering what documents I need to bring over to the States with a k1 visa. So I only need one copy notarized birth certificate, right?

I would get 2 or 3 certificates, translated and notarized.. You'll need them..if not with BCIS, then with some other agencies.. Once you are in the U.S it will be harder to get

Eric,

I am being picky here.

Are these and other fees the same for all BCIS offices for today? I heard cases overpaid packages rejected, because INS does not like being paid more.

What kind of OATH OF AUTHENTICITY is needed, if FORM FC-029 is already attached.

A11/ PRIOR DIVORCE CERTIFICATE

Is it, the petitioner’s one, really needed? If so, are photocopies acceptable?

Also, do the 3 packets, A B and C, go into the same envelope to BCIS? Registered mail, or personal delivery to BCIS office. The later probably does not produce a receipt, hence, no proof of delivery.

Thanks.

sy

Eric,

I am being picky here.

Are these and other fees the same for all BCIS offices for today?  I heard cases overpaid packages rejected, because INS does not like being paid more.

What kind of OATH OF AUTHENTICITY is needed, if FORM FC-029 is already attached.

A11/ PRIOR DIVORCE CERTIFICATE

Is it, the petitioner’s one, really needed? If so, are photocopies acceptable?

Also, do the 3 packets, A B and C, go into the same envelope to BCIS?  Registered mail, or personal delivery to BCIS office.  The later probably does not produce a receipt, hence, no proof of delivery.

Thanks.

sy

1/ yes they are. Those are the new fees as of 2/27/03... They went back to that level after being reduced for just a few months. See my irrevocable .proof

2/ FC029 IS the oath of authenticity.. Get the returns notarized too if you can.. the more "stamps" the better

3/ Divorce judgement ( if applicable ) from either petitioner, beneficiary or both, depending of course on the case. Copies are OK. No need to certify

Check with your BCIS office. You MIGHT not be able to send all 3 applications to the SAME office. In KS, I could.Best is to call ALL Service Center, District office, and sub-office/local office ( if any ). ask the same question. We did. they all told us to send everything to KC district office. If you get different answer, then do some more homework.

Send them certified mail with return receipt.

Some offices will NOT accept delivery in person . And yes, even if they do, they might NOT get you a receipt

Thanks for posting this Eric. You really did your homework on this one and I appreciate you sharing your info with us. Maybe when we apply for AOS, I should just send you all our stuff and let you take care of it. You are better than any attorney my friend. And I am sure you would give me a much lower rate (like "Free"). :D :unsure: :lol:

Maybe when we apply for AOS, I should just send you all  our stuff and let you take care of it. You are better than any attorney my friend. And I am sure you would give me a much lower rate (like "Free"). ;)  :D  :blink:

Sure Mick ! My pleasure.. I love that stuff sooo much that I think I'll make it my career :lol:

I looked up "free" in the dictionary.. Can't find it :unsure: :lol:

Now, another question for the not-so-“free” advisor.:P

When filing I-131 Advanced Parole, Part 3, how should we put down the “Date of intended departure”, and 7. Number of trips?

The fact is, we don’t know yet. If we say one trip, do we have to apply for another AP if a 2nd is planned later? If we file more than 1 trip, how to put down the dates?

sy

Now, another question for the not-so-“free” advisor.:blink:

When filing I-131 Advanced Parole, Part 3, how should we put down the “Date of intended departure”, and 7. Number of trips? 

The fact is, we don’t know yet.  If we say one trip, do we have to apply for another AP if a 2nd is planned later?  If we file more than 1 trip, how to put down the dates? 

sy

Always check " multiple" trip. Won't cost you anything.

Make up a 1 st departure date, say 1 month from now. Forget about dep. dates for subsequent trips

In the pursuit of perfection, a couple of more questions:

Checks payable to INS, or BCIS?

On I-864, it does not seem to require bank statement, as opposed to I-134. And, if assets or bank deposits is not used for the form, can we leave Part 4 blank?

sy

In the pursuit of perfection, a couple of more questions:

Checks payable to INS, or BCIS?

On I-864, it does not seem to require bank statement, as opposed to I-134.  And, if assets or bank deposits is not used for the form, can we leave Part 4 blank?

sy

Payable to BCIS, but write " Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services " rather than just "BCIS" although the acronym BCIS seems to be OK..

If your/ fiancee's income is above 125% of the 2003 poverty line, there is no need to include bank Statement or assets. just write down your income.