permit card to leave the country

Hi,

I have got the K1 visa on my passport. Do I need any other document to leave China at border?

I heard they require all immigrants to cancel their "residence registration" (Hukou) in China first and then issue them a card called " Chu Jing Ka" which says this person is allowed to leave China legally. Anybody know whether they still require it?

thanks,

Hi,

I have got the K1 visa on my passport. Do I need any other document to leave China at border?

I heard they require all immigrants to cancel their "residence registration" (Hukou) in China first and then issue them a card called " Chu Jing Ka" which says this person is allowed to leave China legally. Anybody know whether they still require it?

thanks,

As far as getting on the airplane to the US, your passport with K-1 visa is all that is required.

My wife did not cancel her residence registration, I doubt that many do this. Also, if there is consideration of retiring to China or returning for any extended stays it might be in your best interest to remain registered.

Hi,

thanks,

As far as getting on the airplane to the US, your passport with K-1 visa is all that is required.

My wife did not cancel her residence registration, I doubt that many do this. Also, if there is consideration of retiring to China or returning for any extended stays it might be in your best interest to remain registered.

I agree with Lee. You do not need anything to leave China but your K1 visa.

Be prepared for the airline to question a one-way ticket though.

They told me my wife needed a round trip. I told them, no by airline rules you cannot travel one-way on a round trip ticket. She is immigrating to the US and will not be back anytime soon. I stood my ground and had to go through two supervisors, before one agreed with me that it was no problem.

They told me my wife needed a round trip. I told them, no by airline rules you cannot travel one-way on a round trip ticket. She is immigrating to the US and will not be back anytime soon. I stood my ground and had to go through two supervisors, before one agreed with me that it was no problem.

Which airport and which airline company? They just don't know what they are doing.

Some Guangzhou women I know left here with one-way ticket and without chu jing ka.

They had no problem leaving here but a couple of them got questioned whether they went to US for fake marriage when arriving on the territory of US.

Which airport and which airline company? They just don't know what they are doing.

Some Guangzhou women I know left here with one-way ticket and without chu jing ka.

They had no problem leaving here but a couple of them got questioned whether they went to US for fake marriage when arriving on the territory of US.

Hi all !! :lol: ..

From what I have read above makes me wondered. My fiancee will be coming to the US end of this year or early next year. Will she need to have a round trip ticket in order for her to leave China..?? I don't want to have any problems or issues .... :crazy: ...

Hi all !! :lol: ..

From what I have read above makes me wondered. My fiancee will be coming to the US end of this year or early next year. Will she need to have a round trip ticket in order for her to leave China..?? I don't want to have any problems or issues .... :crazy: ...

A round trip ticket, Absolutely not!!

What some may be encountering is a ticket agent who doesn't know the difference between a tourist visa and an immigrant visa, or maybe they do and are just wanting to get the extra sale for a ticket they know wouldn't be used.

I even ran into this in the US with one airline claiming I needed to show how I was returning from China. I politely explained that my departure would be sometime in the future and probably from a different city, but if they wanted to sell me an open ended ticket for a return from any city in China without penalty or additional fees, we could talk about price. :P

A round trip ticket, Absolutely not!!

What some may be encountering is a ticket agent who doesn't know the difference between a tourist visa and an immigrant visa, or maybe they do and are just wanting to get the extra sale for a ticket they know wouldn't be used.

I even ran into this in the US with one airline claiming I needed to show how I was returning from China. I politely explained that my departure would be sometime in the future and probably from a different city, but if they wanted to sell me an open ended ticket for a return from any city in China without penalty or additional fees, we could talk about price. :P

Thank you for your answer!! That make me feel better.... :P ..

I hope they ask me this. I will show them the cost of my round trip ticket and then the cost of the one way ticket for my wife and ask for a refund plus the return trip part of the ticket.

HAHAHA!!! Good idea !!! .. ;) .. :lol: .. :lol: ..

I'll 10th that. :D Jingwen and the kids had passports with visas and one way tickets. All took the Chinese ID's with them but I don't recall their ever needing them to exit the country.

We also flew out of Hong Kong. The tickets showing a departure from Hong Kong within 7 days was enough to allow them into the city.