I'm a little tired of all this pussy footin around, giving GZ the benefit of the doubt, VO butt kissing and in general making excuses for a screwed up system that seriously needs overhauled. Those who have never been through the anguish of a blue slip can only imagine how it feels to face the possibility that the person they plan to spend the rest of their life with may not be able to join them. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Anyone who has been through this gut wrenching experience knows how difficult it is. I started a list of whys and how comes. I plan to add to it and anyone else feel free to jump in.

Whys and hows.

Why does it take six months for a case to make it from NVC to interview at GZ.?

Why does it take 6 weeks for a petition to clear customs at the DHL ware house but I can send a package to China in a week?

How can a VO possibly reach an informed decision that so seriously affects people’s lives in a five minute interview?

Why do are so many cases sent back to the USCIS based on evidence that isn’t conclusive enough to be denied based on their own 9 FM?

Why do some VOs refuse to look at evidence they ask for on a blue slip at interview when the beneficiary has it right there right then?

Why isn’t the petitioner allowed to accompany the beneficiary to interview like they do at other consulates?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very good points. My attitude is that there is no way for me to affect a change to the process. I rarely gripe online[ Big Brother]. There seems to be nothing anyone can do since our elected government is afraid to do anything. When they are so scared of losing the next election that they can't or will not decide on anything that might rock the boat... They force us to play a game where only they know the rules[ and they seem to change daily]. Sigh, just keep my head down and plod on.

Yeah… I have been wondering about those things myself. It seems, from looking at other immigration web sites, that just about every US consulate in the world schedules the interview within 6 weeks of receiving the petition. Many allow the interview to be scheduled on the consulates web site. Many allow the beneficiary to come in and pick-up the p3 and the US citizen to be present for the interview. And I have never seen in over 8 months of watching where a VO has caused a US citizen’s wife/finance to faint over brow beating… Seems that GUZ is king of BS..

I select all of the above.

Would like to add............Why in the world does a single person (VO) has SO MUCH POWER as to not have to answer to anyone. I mean anyone! Not one single agency of the United States Government has any authority over the Guangzhou Counsulate. I have been told by the Dept of State, both my Senators, my Congressman, the Vice-President of the United States, Mr. Martin himself, Maura Harty, Homeland Security, everyone on this site. You must wait for the VO (GOD) to review the case, just wait. I have been waiting almost 5 months now. I know it is not as long as some here on the site, and others, not even on the site.

In my case it would take the VO about 15 minutes to see what he refused to take at the window, when Yanlan was trying to give it to him. So she could pass.

If a VO rejects an application it should go upstairs to Mr. Martin to review. Instead of waiting for the VO to find time to re-review the case again. Oh! Sorry, that would make them EARN their money! Oh yea, cut down on the foolish rejections, we can't have that.

;)

I wonder the same thing no one to talk to about the process and when the visa officer decide's it aint right then that's the end of it.when 12 million illegal's live in america and our president is trying to give them amnesty for there illegal action's or some one can go to vegas and get married at the drop of a hat with out a why or let's see some info to prove you love this person and can he support you I do not know if my fiance will pass her overcome on the 5th I guess it is not dependent on the information provided but if the vo feel's like it that day I underestand there is fraud case's out there but if some one has given proof of corespondence and multiplie trip's it seem's this should be adequate to prove a relationship it is if more proof of relqationship is put on a person in this situation than any would be to marry in the u.s no help from elected offical's no help from the d.o.s no way to contact the v.o officer it is rediculous that one person and there opion's can determine your life with out being able to refute there opion or to complain about there lack of or poor performance in conducting a interview who set this up this way and why there are women i chatted with before i and my fiance decide to marry that are in othere country's with there husband's now in half the time or less than i am now with my fiance

I select all of the above.

Would like to add............Why in the world does a single person (VO) has SO MUCH POWER as to not have to answer to anyone. I mean anyone! Not one single agency of the United States Government has any authority over the Guangzhou Counsulate. I have been told by the Dept of State, both my Senators, my Congressman, the Vice-President of the United States, Mr. Martin himself, Maura Harty, Homeland Security, everyone on this site. You must wait for the VO (GOD) to review the case, just wait. I have been waiting almost 5 months now. I know it is not as long as some here on the site, and others, not even on the site.

In my case it would take the VO about 15 minutes to see what he refused to take at the window, when Yanlan was trying to give it to him. So she could pass.

If a VO rejects an application it should go upstairs to Mr. Martin to review. Instead of waiting for the VO to find time to re-review the case again. Oh! Sorry, that would make them EARN their money! Oh yea, cut down on the foolish rejections, we can't have that.

:roller:

Everything that Rick said

Someone at CFL (I will not mention his name) wrote this and I think he's right on target:

"I do not understand how an agency of the Government, of the people, for the people, has NO-ONE to answer to. This is a real example of a rouge agency to me. No-one can intervine?"

If you have a government agency out of control with no one watching the hen house, you end up with absolute power. And who said "absolute power corrupts absolutely." It's too bad the President couldn't read these posts. He might scratch his head and say, "Hmmmm, maybe I better check into this." And I would add, how can it take six months to deny or approve a petition? Yes, I understand that background checks have to be done. But, as I have stated numerous times, I used to run background checks as a police officer. Give me a social security number and in less than ten minutes I'll have all the information I need on you. Really, in the computer age it's that simple. :roller:

These problems are not unknown to the government... although they probably don't have very strong motivations to change some items in this ever increasingly paranoid state of terrorism they present.

Compare Canada where you can get a spousal visa for a chinese national in just a few months... however rational some answers might be to the questions posed, the bottom line is that it's a political issue. So, I'm not sure I'll get caught up in that.

But look at the reports put out by the CIS Ombudsman to realize that the problems/issues are known and reported to USCIS:

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/edit...torial_0482.xml

What really really gets to me is how any of these VOs can be so sure of themselves based on a five minute interview that they can send a case back to the USCIS without even giving them the chance to overcome first. They seem totally clueless and uncaring about the havoc they create in these peoples lives. I wonder how they look at themselves in the mirror every morning.

Good point!

I've got my little contribution here:

Why do we have to wait forever and they can't just wait 60 seconds on phone...

How come after I file the change of address properly, they still manage to ignore my new address?

What really really gets to me is how any of these VOs can be so sure of themselves based on a five minute interview that they can send a case back to the USCIS without even giving them the chance to overcome first. They seem totally clueless and uncaring about the havoc they create in these peoples lives. I wonder how they look at themselves in the mirror every morning.

I still and always believe that most cases are pre-viewed and pre-decided...

Well... the interview is just a chance to those VOs to use their six sense... which doesn't make sense at all...

...Many allow the beneficiary to come in and pick-up the p3 and the US citizen to be present for the interview. ..

It would be a whole lot better to allow the petitioner to be present at the interview. It would avoid a lot of misunderstandings due to poor communication and allow the VO to witness the relationship. The current GUZ policy does not make sense. :unsure:

...Many allow the beneficiary to come in and pick-up the p3 and the US citizen to be present for the interview. ..

It would be a whole lot better to allow the petitioner to be present at the interview. It would avoid a lot of misunderstandings due to poor communication and allow the VO to witness the relationship. The current GUZ policy does not make sense. :unsure:

I whole heartedly agree with you. I will tell you somthing else that does not make sense. Tougher immigration laws have been needed since 9/11. But denying a simple loving Chinese woman her chance to live in America and begin a new family and a new life is not a tough immigration law. It is simply the work of a VO's perception of what he thinks he sees. I think that if we as US citizens make enough noise to our government then this will be the only recourse we have to change the way things are done in GZ. Speak up people make your voices know. Write to your congressmen and to the President of the US. We must band together on this and use our consitutional rights. Some countries don't have as you well know.

It would be a whole lot better to allow the petitioner to be present at the interview. It would avoid a lot of misunderstandings due to poor communication and allow the VO to witness the relationship. The current GUZ policy does not make sense. :roller:

I whole heartedly agree with you. I will tell you somthing else that does not make sense. Tougher immigration laws have been needed since 9/11. But denying a simple loving Chinese woman her chance to live in America and begin a new family and a new life is not a tough immigration law. It is simply the work of a VO's perception of what he thinks he sees. I think that if we as US citizens make enough noise to our government then this will be the only recourse we have to change the way things are done in GZ. Speak up people make your voices know. Write to your congressmen and to the President of the US. We must band together on this and use our consitutional rights. Some countries don't have as you well know.

The bad news is the majority of Americans are anti immigration. Politicians know this so they aren't willing to stick their neck out and be seen as pro immigration. There are several myths about immigration the public believes. One is that they take American jobs. The truth is legal immigrants are more likely to be entrepreneurs and actually create more jobs than they take. Illegal aliens generally take the jobs most other Americans don't want anyway. To get the politicians to reform immigration law would first require teaching the American public the truth.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yes, the entire process is certainly one of the most challening that many of us will face in our lifetimes. Most of us are not new to this planet and hardship in general.

I prefer not to give any government agency the benefit of the doubt, or take what's stated at face value. Anyone that completes any form, and plans for any interview that is unprepared DESERVES WHAT THEY GET! While a denial is heart wrenching, there is no amount of hand-wringing after the fact that will undo poor planning and preparation.

No matter where you go in the world, anytime a government bureacracy is given the responsibility to complete a task, you can rest assured there will be red-tape and screw-ups. One government official will tell you one thing, and one right down the hall another. So, what do you do?

Well, you can bitch and complain, piss and moan, but no matter where you piss you can be sure it will blow right back upon you. Some think, well, since the government is screwing it up already, let's add more government officials, and more rules. Unfortunately, this thinking is misguided and NEVER works. Less government works better, and so do fewer rules. Government officials love to make more rules for their contituents. There is a lot of bitching about immigration, so, what does the government do? They talk, talk, talk, then, some lame-brained twerp decides to get a new law legislated.

Awww, everyone says. A law whose intention it is to reduce paperwork, make fewer tears, and lessen the hardship on the working family. Yeah, right. Laws cannot do that. Regulation cannot do that.

For now, the best thing anyone can do is recognize that the US immigration system is a mess. Most everyone agrees on that one. Know the rules, and which ones are controversial and misintrepreted. Visas are denied for a very few reasons. Know those reasons and prepare for contigenices. You can do that, or try to go fight city hall. Try winning that one.

The new imbra law was brought forth by a bunch of well-meaning busy bodies, all in the name of what they tried to sell as protecting unsuspecting women from choosing sex-crazed Americans as partners. The end result are more laws, more regulation, and no evidence that this new law, or any other law or regulation like it ever helped one itty, bitty, bit.

I say vote out of office that want more immigration laws and regulation, and vote for those that want to deregulate it, and make it simple. In the meantime, follow the rules. Prepare for any and all contigencies.

If the US citizen files for a visa, they must spend their days and nights studying and preparing for anything and everything. If you haven't looked at every single possiblity from all directions, that's your own fault. Quit blaming the government, get off your ass, do your homework,

AND VOTE!!

I guess that means we are supposed to know all the mistakes that the company itself is going to make? Must be nice to be smarter than life.