Interview report...

Heya All,

First off - I wanted to thank everyone here for all the information available. I know I didn't post very much, but reading everything here was extremely valuable to us.

Sorry about the late report - this is the first chance that I've really had to write all this. *chuckle*

I went over for the interview. Arrived in Tianjin on 8/12, had an "engagement lunch" with her extended family (about 20 people were there). Flew to Guangzhou on the 14th. Interview on the 15th. (She had previously taken care of the medical and visa fees in Beijing)

There were about 200 people in the lines outside the consulate for the 7:15 and 7:30 appointments. They were late to start checking people in (the lines started moving about 7:45). While she was in line, she suddenly got a sick feeling in her stomach, and I told her to relax and to not be nervous, but then the big guy behind us that had awful cologne on went somewhere else and she felt better. *chuckle*

I waited on the 4th floor while she disappeared into the unknown...

After the fingerprints and such, she was about 30th to be interviewed. She was getting really nervous as there were only 1 or 2 "passes" in front of her, the rest all had blue slips going away from the interview window. Then she was called up.

Questions (all in English - her English is very good):

1. How did you meet?

2. Do you talk?

-- This really threw her for a second, as it seemed so simple - she had to have him repeat the question to make sure she heard it correctly.

3. What do you talk about?

4. What is his work?

5. Do you have pictures?

And that was it - pink slip for us. Took about 2 minutes. The VO only looked at the pictures, nothing else. Really surprising to me that he didn't want to see the I-134F or my employment letter, but he didn't want any of it. She said that the VO acted like we were wasting his time and he just wanted our case out of there. *laugh*

My SO was really disappointed that all the buildup led to an interview that was "too easy" (not that I'm complaining!) - she had prepared a lot, knew the ages and birthdates of my siblings, etc.

Picked up the Visa on 8/17, back to Tianjin the same day, arrived home here on 8/20.

Thanks for all the help, and good luck to everyone still in process!

Mike

Hey, great post. Thanks for taking the time to post the questions.

And CONGRATULATIONS ......

Wheel Man

Heya All,

First off - I wanted to thank everyone here for all the information available. I know I didn't post very much, but reading everything here was extremely valuable to us.

Sorry about the late report - this is the first chance that I've really had to write all this. *chuckle*

I went over for the interview. Arrived in Tianjin on 8/12, had an "engagement lunch" with her extended family (about 20 people were there). Flew to Guangzhou on the 14th. Interview on the 15th. (She had previously taken care of the medical and visa fees in Beijing)

There were about 200 people in the lines outside the consulate for the 7:15 and 7:30 appointments. They were late to start checking people in (the lines started moving about 7:45). While she was in line, she suddenly got a sick feeling in her stomach, and I told her to relax and to not be nervous, but then the big guy behind us that had awful cologne on went somewhere else and she felt better. *chuckle*

After the fingerprints and such, she was about 30th to be interviewed. She was getting really nervous as there were only 1 or 2 "passes" in front of her, the rest all had blue slips going away from the interview window. Then she was called up.

1. How did you meet?

2. Do you talk?

-- This really threw her for a second, as it seemed so simple - she had to have him repeat the question to make sure she heard it correctly.

4. What is his work?

5. Do you have pictures?

And that was it - pink slip for us. Took about 2 minutes. The VO only looked at the pictures, nothing else. Really surprising to me that he didn't want to see the I-134F or my employment letter, but he didn't want any of it. She said that the VO acted like we were wasting his time and he just wanted our case out of there. *laugh*

My SO was really disappointed that all the buildup led to an interview that was "too easy" (not that I'm complaining!) - she had prepared a lot, knew the ages and birthdates of my siblings, etc.

Picked up the Visa on 8/17, back to Tianjin the same day, arrived home here on 8/20.

Mike

Guest pushbrk

Mike Congrats!

I wish everyones trip to see the Wizard was that easy!

Best wishes to the both of you

Bobby/Emma

If I'm counting right, this is 17 toots for August and more to come.

:D :D :greenblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

And that was it - pink slip for us. Took about 2 minutes. B) :unsure:

Mike

:ph34r: :angry:CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :angry: :blink:

Very Smooth

Heya All,

1. How did you meet?

2. Do you talk?

4. What is his work?

5. Do you have pictures?

Mike

Congratulations to you both!! Have a happy life together!