ex spouse's info and evo letter

I have noticed quite a few people have gotten blue slip's on these thing's I have a couple fo question's at the overcome appointment if you provided this info where you successful and if you where not able to provide it where you not I have been fortunate enough that my ex wife was willing to provide me with ample information on residency and her new marriage and I have been told they make the benificiary wait 2 day's for the result's is this true and can any one give a reason it seem's if the case is not predetermined at initial interview and they can make a decision then why would they need 2 day's to review the document's to decide now

Don't expect a 2 day turn around. Not always happening. Be ready to give all they ask for and and have a long long wait. :jerry:

Don't expect a 2 day turn around. Not always happening. Be ready to give all they ask for and and have a long long wait. :jerry:

240338[/snapback]

I do not understand if they ask for some thing specific and it is provided then why the wait especially if it is what they want

240338[/snapback]

I do not understand if they ask for some thing specific and it is provided then why the wait especially if it is what they want

240339[/snapback]

Sorry, I do not have that answer. We gave all that was asked for, and the 2nd day, given a blue slip saying only, 221g nothing else. We have been in a holding patten ever since. The only answers I get are wait--- it could be 6 months---it could be a year---it could be 2 years. All of this is completely up to the VO. He will become your God at this point. You will pray to him, make sacrifices to him, build shrines for him, even promise your first born.

I hope you do not run into this problem. :jerry: :ok: :ok:

Guest pushbrk

240338[/snapback]

240339[/snapback]

There are cases where they want to do more investigation, even though you have given them what they specifically asked for. Far more often, the look at what you gave them and rule favorably two days later. Two days after that, the visa is in hand.

Cases where the USC has a low income AND was recently divorced are particularly problematic but are often overcome.

Your case sounds like they need to be convinced your relationship is bonafide and that you approve of bringing the adopted child. Also they will be verifying the addition of the child isn't a scam. If you got everything they asked for you have an excellent chance at immediate overcome.

Don't expect a 2 day turn around. Not always happening. Be ready to give all they ask for and and have a long long wait. :angry:

240338[/snapback]

240339[/snapback]

You will get an answer it 2 days; it may or may not be a 'passing' answer.. If not, then they will request more info to submit, again...

You can study the past few in the same boat by looking at the Timeline's Blues slip tab, and see in the descriptions for "relationship" or "ex" info for those members...

Don't expect a 2 day turn around. Not always happening. Be ready to give all they ask for and and have a long long wait. :angry:

240338[/snapback]

240339[/snapback]

There are cases where they want to do more investigation, even though you have given them what they specifically asked for. Far more often, the look at what you gave them and rule favorably two days later. Two days after that, the visa is in hand.

Cases where the USC has a low income AND was recently divorced are particularly problematic but are often overcome.

Your case sounds like they need to be convinced your relationship is bonafide and that you approve of bringing the adopted child. Also they will be verifying the addition of the child isn't a scam. If you got everything they asked for you have an excellent chance at immediate overcome.

240344[/snapback]

I see well this is not to good on one hand it seem's even if i give the information if the guy does not like the case nothing i can do about it this is not good now I will worry on this more i think it is disappointing to me that this one person's opion is all that is needed and i have know way of making a rebutal or of discussing it wih him direct

I see well this is not to good on one hand it seem's even if i give the information if the guy does not like the case nothing i can do about it this is not good now I will worry on this more i think it is disappointing to me that this one person's opion is  all that is needed and i have know way of making a rebutal or of discussing it wih him direct

240348[/snapback]

On the one hand, your concern is understood... and successive requests are not uncommon.. but I would not let it bother you too much much because:

1) There's previous examples to look at; some overcome on the first submission.

2) Don't view it too much in a singular way, as if there's only one thing they need to finally be satisfied; there's going to be a few ways to satisfy the VO, but they might not necessarily be completely clear as to it; the best you can do is give them what they as as thoroughly as possible.

Keep focused on just this step and what's needed...

I see well this is not to good on one hand it seem's even if i give the information if the guy does not like the case nothing i can do about it this is not good now I will worry on this more i think it is disappointing to me that this one person's opion is  all that is needed and i have know way of making a rebutal or of discussing it wih him direct

240348[/snapback]

On the one hand, your concern is understood... and successive requests are not uncommon.. but I would not let it bother you too much much because:

1) There's previous examples to look at; some overcome on the first submission.

2) Don't view it too much in a singular way, as if there's only one thing they need to finally be satisfied; there's going to be a few ways to satisfy the VO, but they might not necessarily be completely clear as to it; the best you can do is give them what they as as thoroughly as possible.

Keep focused on just this step and what's needed...

240353[/snapback]

Thank's to all of you for the advice. I know I have what is requested for the VO I just hope it is satisfactory to them where they will pass her and set a interview for her daughter

Your SO will submit additional documents on Sep 5.

She will get the result on the afternoon of Sep 7.

There are the following possibilities:

1. Pink slip, visa approved so she can pick up her visa in 2 days at the post office.

2. They want more information, documents.

3. They need additional time to process it, you have to wait for one month, 2 months or 3 months or any length of time

4. Case will be returned to US.

5. Anything human brain can think of.

Handle with care, make everything clear as possible and logically sense then she will pass. :D

One thing that I recently saw was the NEW OF-171 dated 03/2006.

There is now a REQUIREMENT for all EX information, now if you have this information available at the interview it can easily generate a blue slip.

In most cases the if the overcome evidence is presented as exactly what they requested, which often is a very small stack, the VO will be able to quickly review the papers and make a decision. Most often this is with a pink slip.

This is where too much information could easily cause anyone problems. Unfortunately, they are required to examine every item submitted and if they are as busy as stated I could see them saying it will take more time to review.

There is now a REQUIREMENT for all EX information, now if you have this information available at the interview it can easily generate a blue slip.

In most cases the if the overcome evidence is presented as exactly what they requested, which often is a very small stack, the VO will be able to quickly review the papers and make a decision. Most often this is with a pink slip.

This is where too much information could easily cause anyone problems. Unfortunately, they are required to examine every item submitted and if they are as busy as stated I could see them saying it will take more time to review.

240431[/snapback]

First one to supply a newly scanned/captured image to me (for upload) gets a surprise gift (from Don) :greenblob:

240431[/snapback]

First one to supply a newly scanned/captured image to me (for upload) gets a surprise gift (from Don) :greenblob:

240437[/snapback]

hope it not a photo of trigg and him in vegas as the prize. :greenblob:

240431[/snapback]

240437[/snapback]

Workin on it, just got to steal the copy I saw a few weeks ago, these damn petitioners think that stuff is important for some reason. :greenblob: