Called DOS today

Very depressing after talking to DOS (about 1 hour wait). She told me my case is still wating for clearance. She said that your fiancee "JUST" have the interview in December of 2002. What did she mean just? On the GZ website, doesn't it say 6 to 8 weeks after the interview? Don't know what to tell my girl tonight when I call her. I have also asked her what else if any I can do to speed this process up, she told me nothing because DOS is so backed up. She also told me to check back next week. Should I even bother to call DOS again or they are just useless?

Guest alex062872

Don't be depressed, it is normal. Normally you should call DOS every two weeks, that won't "speed up" any process, but you can make sure your name is on the list. That is the only reason to call DOS.

That's really complicated, isn't it? Just tried to add some English wordings and wish it could save some of you guys efforts..It looks a bit weird and will work a bit more tomorrow..Just wish i could have even a bit knowledge about the programming stuff :o :o

oops..pressed the wrong button..P.J., can you move the above message to the thread you started about 001 navigation? thanks! :o :blink:

Personally, I would call them once a week, just to keep your name in front of them. FYI: I called them Mon 3/10, and was told still pending. Called GZ Wed eve 3/12 and was told her name cleared two days ago. Moral of this story: Things in this process change daily, maybe hourly, and what someone tells you one day, could very well change the next day. Call DOS and GZ weekly, and you will be pleasantly surprised one day! By the way, what day did you interview in Dec, and does your fiancee by any chance live in Mudanjiang? :blink: :o :o

I totally understand how frustrated it is. NVC screwed up my sister's address in their compter system, otherwise she would be here 5/02(She has waited for more than 12 years). Since everything was delay and her interview was 12/12/02 when she was 3-months pregnant(unexpected). More than 3 months past, we still don't hear anything. Although I called, faxed DOS, CA and GZ telling them how bad the situation is right now, they still telling me the same answer: your sister's case is still pending, there isn't anything we could do to expedite it, or call back next week.

Just wondering if any old timer can give me any advise to make them roll faster.

:blink: :o

My lady's interview was also in Dec. 2002 (23rd). I get the same response every time I call DoS or CA; "no result on the name-check, call back in a week". Obviously, nothing can be done to expedite the process, and they will make absolutely NO promises to the sponsor as to a completion date, after the debacle last year. It won't do the process any good to continue calling, but if it makes you feel like you are doing something proactive, then by all means, make that call next week. As noted above, the information flow is severly flawed, even if they (DoS) have "no results" yet, GZ may already be printing the EMS notice! And with no explanation for the disconnect. :( Be sure to ask questions when you call beyond the usual though. Find out the date of the latest submission by GZ, etc. It could uncover a big speedbump that they otherwise would not have noticed. Good luck!

I totally understand how frustrated it is.  NVC screwed up my sister's address in their compter system, otherwise she would be here 5/02(She has waited for more than 12 years).  Since everything was delay and her interview was 12/12/02 when she was 3-months pregnant(unexpected).  More than 3 months past, we still don't hear anything.  Although I called, faxed DOS, CA and GZ telling them how bad the situation is right now, they still telling me the same answer:  your sister's case is still pending, there isn't anything we could do to expedite it, or call back next week. 

Just wondering if any old timer can give me any advise to make them roll faster.

:(  :(

Yan when did your sisters fiance/husband start the petition. Did he do it 12 years ago or do it last year. If it was not 12 years ago then she has not been waiting 12 years because of GZ.

My wife has a family visa and got a number immediately. That is standard procedure according to GZ, family like wife and children of American citizens do not have to wait like others do supposedly. I think my question should have been clear enough, but here it is again just in case, with something else added to it also: did the husband start the petition, and on what date did he start the filing procedure?

If it was the husband, who is an American citizen, then the wife does not have to wait for a visa number, at least that is my understanding. If I am wrong please correct me, because in this crazy process I have been wrong before, that is one thing I am really sure of.

No, your right, Dan. For immediate relatives, wife, husband, daughter, son, mother, father, of American citizens, there is no waiting period for a visa number. However for the permanent resident, there is. Sometimes I have seen some of the Chinese immigrants to the US confuse the two terms. In general, the permanent resident status makes them equal in the US, but there are some exceptions, such as voting or, in this case, obtaining a family based visa.

Also, I have known some of the Chinese members to refer to fiance(e)s as a "husband" or "wife". This is like referring to a cousin as a "sister" or "brother" in English it causes confusion in the understanding of the relationship if the wrong terminology is used. Intending to get married is a fiancee. Being legally married is a wife.