Tourist is what he tried. All he can try. No way he'd get a work visa, A farmer from Fuzhou who barely speaks Putonghua,much less English. It's not a big deal. We can try to go back ourselves for a while if it works out. As the boys get older, I def want them to spend periods of time with their family there anyway.

jenny you have 5000 dollars to invest into property in china? is so put your father name on it and use it as showing he has ties in china, after he here a few time you can extend his time and when your husband get citizenship he have easier time getting here show he travel and return a few time.

the 5000 dollars on property could be use to build a house on or refix one there. more than 5 k show more likely he return back to china.

the other is offer a bond to show he will return. I sure i read somewhere a bond can be issue to make sure the person will return back to country they came from.

Thanks for the ideas robert. Unfortunately we are barely making ends meet ourselves and need our own home and new car etc. While we could prob scrape together $5k, it wouldn't leave us much left to live on. We may also have to give some money for surgery for a cousin of Jack's who's about to die of a brain tumor.

I've never heard of the bond thing, but may be worth looking into.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

the other is offer a bond to show he will return. I sure i read somewhere a bond can be issue to make sure the person will return back to country they came from.

I heard this too but I heard it was ten thousand, eather way it is to show our government that you have more reason to return to China than to stay in the US

Robert, I think that a bond will not work. I think it is a logical idea but we are dealing with the US govt here!

If you find out I am wrong, let us all know as I think most of us would try it.

I also heard about using a bond. In fact, the language is straight from I-134, non-immigrant afffidavit of support.

4. That this affidavit is made by me for blah blah blah.

5. ...That I am ready and willing to deposit a bond, if necessary,...

I do not recall reading or hearing that a bond was ever successfully used. If a bond were to be accepted by US Govt it would be too easy to purchase a visa by defaulting on the bond.