I'm waiting on a form from my wife, it should arrive next week hopefully. I would hope to enter the queue next week or the following week,.. which means I will send in the forms.

It is my understanding, it would be required I visit my wife one more time. My question is, when would be a good time for me to visit again?

I don't want to wait too long so it won't it won't be considered in the process. I understand my past situation warrants me to return at least one more time.

Initially, I wanted to wait until next June when I get new vacation time, but it is my thought I might have to return maybe next Feburary or March. Any thoughts or experience on this?

Your married... You can file. Your not required to meet again for anything.

If it were me.. and I had only one trip... in order I'd try to do:

1) Go at interview (this experience cannot be downplayed)

2) I would go about half way through the process so no gap is too wide (gap from first to second visit is same gap as last visit to interview).

3) Whenever it fits the schedule

The most important issue is that the relationship appears true. Communication is key, and that includes a sense in your SO that she is truly and deeply cared for and loved. She'll shine at interview day this way...

All I know is I cant be away from my wife for that long, we married in June I am going back in August and then again in December and hopefully it wont be long after that and I will go back for the interview and to bring her home with me. I understand that many cant travel that often but I would try to go atleast once before the interview and again at that time.

Just my thoughts....

Only one trip is necessary. If you can only have one more trip then I would suggest planning it for when your SO's interview is.

Having said that I would redouble efforts to document well the other parts of the relationship that will prove a bonafide relationship:

--good phone logs

--strong constant emails

--chats

--saved snail mail letters, with envelopes

If you do go to see her again try to get many pictures of you together in different cities and with relatives.

The overall theme is to be able to demonstrate to the Visa officer in a quick manner how your relationship is real by doing things sham marriage petitions cannot.

Good luck!

if they just make round trip tickets 500 or less i be going once a month for a few days

232235[/snapback]

I second that thought PTcruiser. : )

Your married...  You can file.  Your not required to meet again for anything.  

1) Go at interview  (this experience cannot be downplayed)

232138[/snapback]

David, you say go to the interview... it is my understanding that the main decision has already been made at that point at NVS. And Guz is basically to interview her, not so much decide the case.

I may be off point, but I thought I read something similar in a post before

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)
Your married...?You can file.?Your not required to meet again for anything.?nbsp;

1) Go at interview?(this experience cannot be downplayed)

232138[/snapback]

David, you say go to the interview... it is my understanding that the main decision has already been made at that point at NVS. And Guz is basically to interview her, not so much decide the case.

232332[/snapback]

I think I understand our different view on this now... I'm not clear enough.. I'll try again :greenblob:

if I could only go one more time, it would be at the interview, for the experience; there's nothing like being together at the approval and a joyous feeling skipping around GUZ like two kids.

I wasn't talking about going in terms of 'relationship proof', but pleasure.

my second choice would be more geared towards relationship proof, splitting the difference so no big gaps appear.

So, my point is, for me... I would choose the trip based on experience/pleasure rather than strictly proof; in either case, two visits is two visits.. so it may be a wash; both provide proof of the relationship and the interview experience adds alot more.

I would focus on all the other possible items as developing the ongoing relationship proof; I think what you do over the next year in regards to that carries more weight than when you decide to take the next [and only] trip back.

Your married...?You can file.?Your not required to meet again for anything.?nbsp;

1) Go at interview?(this experience cannot be downplayed)

232138[/snapback]

232332[/snapback]

I think I understand our different view on this now... I'm not clear enough.. I'll try again :)

if I could only go one more time, it would be at the interview, for the experience; there's nothing like being together at the approval and a joyous feeling skipping around GUZ like two kids.

I wasn't talking about going in terms of 'relationship proof', but pleasure.

my second choice would be more geared towards relationship proof, splitting the difference so no big gaps appear.

So, my point is, for me... I would choose the trip based on experience/pleasure rather than strictly proof; in either case, two visits is two visits.. so it may be a wash; both provide proof of the relationship and the interview experience adds alot more.

I would focus on all the other possible items as developing the ongoing relationship proof; I think what you do over the next year in regards to that carries more weight than when you decide to take the next [and only] trip back.

232372[/snapback]

Point taken