DS-157 Question 17

Hi Everyone:

I hope you are not tired of all my questions. I am almost done for tonight anyway <_< . DS-157 Question 17 says "List all educational institutions you attend or have attend. Include vocational institutions but not Elementary Schools. What do they mean by elementary? Does this mean anything below college level or does this mean just not grade 1-6?

Thanks again :-)

Hi Everyone:

I hope you are not tired of all my questions.  I am almost done for tonight anyway  <_<DS-157 Question 17 says "List all educational institutions you attend or have attend.  Include vocational institutions but not Elementary Schools.  What do they mean by elementary?  Does this mean anything below college level or does this mean just not grade 1-6?

231293[/snapback]

I am wondering about this question too, anybody can tell me that if a middle school and high school is included in "Elementary school" too?!

Hi Everyone:

I hope you are not tired of all my questions.  I am almost done for tonight anyway  <_<DS-157 Question 17 says "List all educational institutions you attend or have attend.  Include vocational institutions but not Elementary Schools.  What do they mean by elementary?  Does this mean anything below college level or does this mean just not grade 1-6?

231293[/snapback]

Here's my theory: If it has something like elementary school (or something very similar) in it's name like my SO's did, leave it out. If it does not, include it. I cannot believe anyone has ever been denied a visa for including too much information, cussed or laughed at perhaps, but never denied a visa. On the other hand, leaving information out may be entirely different. So don't get too stressed, err on the side of safety when you aren't sure what they want, and find bigger and better things to worry about. And next year at this time it will all seem much funnier.

Hi Everyone:

I hope you are not tired of all my questions.  I am almost done for tonight anyway  <_<DS-157 Question 17 says "List all educational institutions you attend or have attend.  Include vocational institutions but not Elementary Schools.   What do they mean by elementary?  Does this mean anything below college level or does this mean just not grade 1-6?

231293[/snapback]

I am wondering about this question too, anybody can tell me that if a middle school and high school is included in "Elementary school" too?!

231294[/snapback]

My fiancee went to one school that was elementary and high school all in the same place. I listed this school and made a note on a seperate piece of paper that this school included elementary and high school. I doubt this will cause a problem.

I started with High School on up and we did not have a problem. To me, a good rule to follow is if in doubt, include it. i don't think anyone was denied for providing too much info.

As for too many questions? never too much. I had my share before the interview also as well as just about everyone here. <_<

Hi Everyone:

Thank you very much for all your help!!! I decided to go with Middle school and High School. I agree with everyone when they say .. when in doubt include more then less.. But my SO is from this little village, I cannot get any information about his schools online and he doesn't know things such as address and phone number nor how to translate the names into English so the easy answer is that we don't need to add it :-). However, as all of you know the words easy and immigration can never be used in the same sentence. <_<

My wife also went to school in a small town and we had trouble with the name but she traveled to the town and got the telephone numbers. They did not have telephone # for the schools when she went to school. We just listed as the "name of town" school and then "name of town" high school. Just a thought for you.