Will Blue Ink matter much?

Guest pushbrk
Probably sems like a silly question, but I just got back from China and I didn't see that USCIS wanted black ink.

229131[/snapback]

I think the only answer that you are interested in is one that says, "I filed using blue ink with no problem."

Until you see such an answer from a trusted source, I'd be getting new signatures from my wife.

I'm not going to tell you it is OK but I doubt very seriously they are going to be that nit picky. For others going through the process it is a good idea to take printed out filled in fillable forms as well as some extra blank copies for her to sign while there.

I've seen VJ responses that signing in blue ink has 'passed 'muster'...

Two notes:

- They are less optimistic about an entire form filled out in blue ink (ie: photocopies might not show up well enough based on the shade of blue)

- I've also seen responses at VJ for everything under the sun... whether right or wrong...

The bottom line is that it is in the instructions to be done in black ink, so they have a right to produce an RFE...

-----

I-129F instructions:

General Filing Instructions.

Type or print legibly in black ink.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Wow, interesting situation there. When I was in the us military black ink was manditory for any forms you had to put in for. Did you look at any instructions to see if there is any language that says one way or the other? I remember to either type or print clearly. Good luck though.

Guest pushbrk
And some courts require blue ink so they can differentiate from the original.  Did the instructions state "black ink?"

229167[/snapback]

The instructions state "black ink". It's the reason for the question.

My lawyer's office wanted all signatures in blue ink in order to distinguish the originals from the copies.

229231[/snapback]

I was just reading the instructions for the I-864 form because I am updating

mine for the interview and the 2nd thing it states is use black or blue ink.

It's sad that they have different ink requirements for different forms!

My lawyer's office wanted all signatures in blue ink in order to distinguish the originals from the copies.

229231[/snapback]

I was just reading the instructions for the I-864 form because I am updating

mine for the interview and the 2nd thing it states is use black or blue ink.

It's sad that they have different ink requirements for different forms!

229238[/snapback]

Complete it in blue ink, make a copy (good copy) next thing you know "bob's your uncle" you have a form in all black.