GZ Cost

woainilin

Hi:

I need to send my SO some money to help cover the cost of his Guang Zhou trip for the interview. How many days will he likely need to stay there if he is getting his medical in GZ? How much is daily hotel and other expenses? Last what is the best method of sending money to China? He currently lives in a village so the cost where he lives is very different then GZ .. so he does not know what he needs.

Thanks

Toni

Hi:

I need to send my SO some money to help cover the cost of his Guang Zhou trip for the interview.  How many days will he likely need to stay there if he is getting his medical in GZ?  How much is daily hotel and other expenses?  Last what is the best method of sending money to China?  He currently lives in a village so the cost where he lives is very different then GZ .. so he does not know what he needs.

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

I would recommend that he stay at the rooms available with Mr. Xie, they can help him get to the right places to take care of the details, Rooms in the GZ Consulate Building 150 RMB/night. I know he could probably find a place for 20-40RMB/night, but these people can help him know where to go and when as well as assist with his questions and any paperwork issues he needs to understand.

With his interview on Tuesday he will need to arrive on the previous Thursday evening at the latest so he can get his medical exam done on Friday and receive his results on Monday. 6-900 RMB Medical Examination Instructions, need to contact the First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College to see when he would need to have his exam so he could get the results on Monday, this could include a 100RMB expediter fee, but that costs less than a night in a hotel so it is worth the extra expense.

The Visa Fee - 810 RMB CITIC Industrial Bank Sub-branch in CITIC Plaza, just a short walk from the consulate and could do this on Monday morning. And a 20 RMB fee for visa delivery to the China Post after the interview.

I would plan on at least 100-200 RMB/day for meals. This may be too much, but it is better to have too much.

You might have him call the number listed for Mr Xie and reserve a room, also he can discuss when he should arrive to get his medical based on his interview day of Tuesday.

Sending money would probably be best done using Western Union, you want to go to the WU location to send the money and take cash, it will cost you $14 US. You will need the exact spelling of his name from his ID card. He will need to know the name used to send the money, the Transfer Number provided by WU and the amount you sent in US Dollars and RMB. He should be able to pick this up at one of the China Posts near where he lives. You can check the locations on WU web site.

He will probably want to arrive at the Guangzhou East train station, it is very close to the consulate.

Expect to stay for 7-8 nights so he will be able to pickup his visa 2 days after the interview. Last week the exchange rate was 7.91, so $100 US = 791 RMB.

This is based on a successful interview, if they request more evidence he might need to stay longer to get things organized for submission.

He would probably want to get his immunizations done in GZ and get a yellow book, it often costs less in China. I seem to recall the basic immunizations cost about 400 RMB. If he has an immunization record he should take it with him.

I hope this covers everything. Be sure to have him call Mr Xie to discuss timing of his arrival and reserve a room.

Wow, that was some great info. I saved it for my SO and I; I know it will be very useful to us when we get to that stage. Thanks for sharing.

Hi:

I need to send my SO some money to help cover the cost of his Guang Zhou trip for the interview.  How many days will he likely need to stay there if he is getting his medical in GZ?  How much is daily hotel and other expenses?  Last what is the best method of sending money to China?  He currently lives in a village so the cost where he lives is very different then GZ .. so he does not know what he needs.

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

I would recommend that he stay at the rooms available with Mr. Xie, they can help him get to the right places to take care of the details, Rooms in the GZ Consulate Building 150 RMB/night. I know he could probably find a place for 20-40RMB/night, but these people can help him know where to go and when as well as assist with his questions and any paperwork issues he needs to understand.

With his interview on Tuesday he will need to arrive on the previous Thursday evening at the latest so he can get his medical exam done on Friday and receive his results on Monday. 6-900 RMB Medical Examination Instructions, need to contact the First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College to see when he would need to have his exam so he could get the results on Monday, this could include a 100RMB expediter fee, but that costs less than a night in a hotel so it is worth the extra expense.

The Visa Fee - 810 RMB CITIC Industrial Bank Sub-branch in CITIC Plaza, just a short walk from the consulate and could do this on Monday morning. And a 20 RMB fee for visa delivery to the China Post after the interview.

I would plan on at least 100-200 RMB/day for meals. This may be too much, but it is better to have too much.

You might have him call the number listed for Mr Xie and reserve a room, also he can discuss when he should arrive to get his medical based on his interview day of Tuesday.

Sending money would probably be best done using Western Union, you want to go to the WU location to send the money and take cash, it will cost you $14 US. You will need the exact spelling of his name from his ID card. He will need to know the name used to send the money, the Transfer Number provided by WU and the amount you sent in US Dollars and RMB. He should be able to pick this up at one of the China Posts near where he lives. You can check the locations on WU web site.

He will probably want to arrive at the Guangzhou East train station, it is very close to the consulate.

Expect to stay for 7-8 nights so he will be able to pickup his visa 2 days after the interview. Last week the exchange rate was 7.91, so $100 US = 791 RMB.

This is based on a successful interview, if they request more evidence he might need to stay longer to get things organized for submission.

He would probably want to get his immunizations done in GZ and get a yellow book, it often costs less in China. I seem to recall the basic immunizations cost about 400 RMB. If he has an immunization record he should take it with him.

I hope this covers everything. Be sure to have him call Mr Xie to discuss timing of his arrival and reserve a room.

229101[/snapback]

Very well posted.

I would recommend Mr. xie as well. In fact, I was living there on my interview. His girlfriend could give your evidences a review and point out the weakness so you can be prepared.

I would estimate 3000-3500RMB(total cost) for about 5 days of stay which I think will be what he is going to do. But again, that might all depend on which of interview you are getting at.

Good luck with the interview. B)

Edited by rosyanne (see edit history)

If he has not otherwise already done so, the documents needed to be translated from Chinese to English for k-1 are

- Single certificate (good for one year)

- Divorce certificate (if divorced)

- Birth certificate (no expiration)

- Police Certificates (good for one year)

Estimated cost is 1000-2500 yuan. The local notarial office should be contacted to do these... See P3 FAQ for comments; P4 FAQ and interview FAQ will also help you for this stage of the process...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest Paul
Hi:

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

229101[/snapback]

Goooooooooooooooooooooood job, Lee.

Thank you,

Paul

Hi:

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

229101[/snapback]

Wow .. thank you very much for the detailed information. I greatly appreiciate it!!!! We had totally forgotten about the immunization cost. Do you know how far Mr Xie's hotel is from the consulate?

Thanks Again

Toni

Hi:

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

229101[/snapback]

:-) I loved your Western Union idea .. I went to the website and found that they list 2 offices in his little village Panshi City .. turns out that the location is at his postal office. He calls to verify and they say many years now this hasn't worked :-) .. thats China for you ........

Hi:

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

229101[/snapback]

Wow .. thank you very much for the detailed information. I greatly appreiciate it!!!! We had totally forgotten about the immunization cost. Do you know how far Mr Xie's hotel is from the consulate?

Thanks Again

Toni

229297[/snapback]

Just around the corner, less than half a block. It's even closer than the Star Hotel. This applies to both Mr. Xie and Mr. Zhang.

Hi:

Thanks

Toni

229071[/snapback]

229101[/snapback]

Thanks again leefisher...... we called Mr. Xie he is soooooooo nice!! Also taking your advice and called First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College Tel: (020)83337750-7098. We are planning to side with caution, and try to take the medical results on Friday.