:D I came home today to find my IMBRA RFE in the mail!!!! I would've posted sooner but had to fill it out and get back to the Post Office before 5!!

Anyway, it's been sent Overnite, so it will arrive on the 5th (4th of July tomorrow!!)

For my part, I answered YES to the IMB question... my wife and I met on Chineselovelinks.com and I was still unsure about how I would answer until I received it.

I opted for YES thinking a false positive is better than a NO and finding out later they consider that site an IMB. What would happen then?? :unsure:

Oh well, put me on the Guinea Pig list - I am happy to be on it!!!! :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's strange to see something happen after 4 months... even if it is an RFE. Congrtas to you also... let's hope it moves at a faster pace from here :D

228698[/snapback]

Yea, let's hope so!! I'll take whatever they give me! :unsure: Thanks!

Yes, it's strange to see something happen after 4 months... even if it is an RFE. Congrtas to you also... let's hope it moves at a faster pace from here :)

228698[/snapback]

Yea, let's hope so!! I'll take whatever they give me! :D Thanks!

228701[/snapback]

Congratulations to you.

I checked my email, and this is what I had gotten at 3:19pm.

On July 1, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.

Looks like I got an RFE on the way as well.

Isn't is crazy that we are all so happy to be getting an RFE :) . I am waiting on mine still, but I did get an email today stating it had been mailed on June 23.

228726[/snapback]

I know, it is weird... when I first learned of RFEs I was terrified that things like that can happen. Now I'm happy as can be to get one. I know you'll get yours soon - good luck!!

Yes, it's strange to see something happen after 4 months... even if it is an RFE. Congrtas to you also... let's hope it moves at a faster pace from here :)

228698[/snapback]

228701[/snapback]

Congratulations to you.

On July 1, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.

228721[/snapback]

Cool! Congratulations!! It looks like they're really rolling out now. :D

P.S. just so everyone know... I never received any updates online or got any emails. I just received the RFE, so who can make any sense of it? :D

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)

Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA. I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals. It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3. Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA.  I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals.  It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3.  Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

228734[/snapback]

From what I've been reading, it may be a very good thing to have the CRs arrive before the K Visa anyway, right? Not so much work... but if you're like me you might not care about that, you just want to be together as soon as possible!

Congratulations and good luck to you as well!! :D

228698[/snapback]

228701[/snapback]

Congratulations to you.

228721[/snapback]

Cool! Congratulations!! It looks like they're really rolling out now. ;)

P.S. just so everyone know... I never received any updates online or got any emails. I just received the RFE, so who can make any sense of it? :D

228731[/snapback]

I just received 2 emails from uscis stating that they sent me an RFE and my online case status was updated with today's date. Got the RFE befor the update or maybe... that's another RFE :D

228698[/snapback]

228701[/snapback]

Congratulations to you.

228721[/snapback]

Cool! Congratulations!! It looks like they're really rolling out now. :D

P.S. just so everyone know... I never received any updates online or got any emails. I just received the RFE, so who can make any sense of it? :)

228731[/snapback]

I just received 2 emails from uscis stating that they sent me an RFE and my online case status was updated with today's date. Got the RFE befor the update or maybe... that's another RFE :)

228741[/snapback]

Well, I'm hoping it's just the IMBRA RFE for you :)

And I take back what I said earlier... the have updated my case online now.

Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA.  I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals.  It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3.  Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

228734[/snapback]

I answered No on the IMBRA question. I had written to AsiaEuro and got a response. Here is their quote:

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4  B

(ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form

so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the

required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to

the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information

specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6,

therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancee met after 6 March. If

you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable therefore you

will not be required to complete the form.

If

you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable...

Well this part sounds encouraging :rolleyes:

I'm just curious if a Yes or No actually helps or hurts us in the end.

Good luck!

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)
If

you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable...

Well this part sounds encouraging <_<

I'm just curious if a Yes or No actually helps or hurts us in the end.

Good luck!

228791[/snapback]

I think they meant that if you met before March 6 then you don't have fill out their form. But who knows. :rolleyes:

Guest pushbrk

228734[/snapback]

I answered No on the IMBRA question. I had written to AsiaEuro and got a response. Here is their quote:

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4  B

(ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form

so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the

required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to

the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information

specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6,

therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancee met after 6 March. If

you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable therefore you

will not be required to complete the form.

228790[/snapback]

I encourage all concerned about IMBRA to read both the definition AND the exceptions noted in the law.

This answer from AsianEuro is misleading in that it is given in the context of how the law (doesn't) apply to them and how their relationship between you.

Obviously the statement that if you met your SO before March 6, the law isn't applicable to you, is inaccurate. You know you are affected because your case was delayed and you got or are getting an RFE.

The truth is that the law doesn't require an IMB to do anything in your behalf if you first contacted your SO before Mar 6. The law doesn't require a "non-IMB" to do anything, ever.

The law has affected each person who filed an I-129F for fiance or spouse, with a receipt date after March 5, 2006. Just how you are affected will depend on whether you used an IMB and whether you have an applicable criminal record.

I WOULD be certain to note the date of your first contact, particularly if it was before March 6, 2006.

I would not rely on some website or dating/marriage related business to interpret the law for me. I don't know why anybody else would.