SO getting a little concerned

My SO seems to be getting a little antsy about the slowness of this process. I can't say that I blame her. She tells me that she will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes. I had my contact over there explain everything to her and she tells him that she understands. Nevertheless, it is hard on everybody. I would like to hear from those who have gone through this and how they kept their SO's positive and upbeat. :blink:

Guest pushbrk
My SO seems to be getting a little antsy about the slowness of this process.  I can't say that I blame her.  She tells me that she will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes.  I had my contact over there explain everything to her and she tells him that she understands.  Nevertheless, it is hard on everybody.  I would like to hear from those who have gone through this and how they kept their SO's positive and upbeat. :blink:

225581[/snapback]

It often helps to have something positive and more short term to look forward to. Are you planning a visit to China?

Guest pushbrk
Set up Yahoo Messenger with voice with a web camera and microphone. Does wonders to talk to them FREE every morning and night. At least for me and mine!!!

225584[/snapback]

Ron's SO doesn't have a computer and she works long hours. However, perhaps there is something Ron can do about one or more of those problems.

Send flowers.

Send a card.

Send a CD with your most favorite songs.

Send a CD with the songs that describe how your relationship developed. Include lyrics and something for each song telling why that song applies.

Try to do one special thing each month. Better if you can do it each week.

In a situation like this, I think romance is the key.

Thanks everyone. I do send her things from time to time. She has one of my cd's that I recorded back in my younger days. Mike, I was trying to plan a trip when she has her interview, but that seems like a longggggg time from now. I was hoping in the Fall sometime. I'm okay, it's just her that I want to keep positive. :)

Thanks everyone.  I do send her things from time to time.  She has one of my cd's that I recorded back in my younger days.  Mike, I was trying to plan a trip when she has her interview, but that seems like a longggggg time from now.  I was hoping in the Fall sometime.  I'm okay, it's just her that I want to keep positive. :)

225588[/snapback]

YOU COULD HELP HER GET A MOBILE PHONE IF SHE DONT HAVE ONE ,I CALL TO CHINA A LOT , AND I ALSO USE YAHOO TO , I HAVE BELL SOUTH,PHONE SERVICE AND THE HAVE GOOD RATES ON INTERNATIONAL CALLS, I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I PAY, HANG IN THERE , LOVE HURT

Guest pushbrk
Thanks everyone.  I do send her things from time to time.  She has one of my cd's that I recorded back in my younger days.  Mike, I was trying to plan a trip when she has her interview, but that seems like a longggggg time from now.  I was hoping in the Fall sometime.  I'm okay, it's just her that I want to keep positive. :)

225588[/snapback]

Well, fall is a much better time to be there than now and you still may make it by then. The romantic stuff is good. I don't know how anybody holds it together without webcam and IM. I was just wondering if you'd been as innovative as possible about solving the problem of her long hours and lack of a computer.

Even arranging a couple webcam sessions on a borrowed computer or from an internet cafe could go a long way to keeping the positive energy going.

I also concur that getting her a computer and a web cam would be a good investment. Even if she is busy she could surely find 15 minutes a day to chat with you online. It is what kept my sanity during the long wait. Talking on the telephone pales by the comparison of watching her face while she laughs, seeing her smile or just gazing into her eyes.

I also concur that getting her a computer and a web cam would be a good investment.  Even if she is busy she could surely find 15 minutes a day to chat with you online.  It is what kept my sanity during the long wait.  Talking on the telephone pales by the comparison of watching her face while she laughs, seeing her smile or just gazing into her eyes.

225595[/snapback]

I will look into getting one over there. If I get one I will need to find someone to set it up for her, but, we'll see how it goes. I'll have to see if she has a computer cafe nearby. Thanks again everyone. I,too get down once in a while. :)

For me, all this talking everyday is fine and dandy, but the real part is honestly believing that the process will work through, she will get the visa, and you BOTH will at some point be coming back to the states TOGETHER. You have to believe this and she has to know how much you believe this.

Jen and I never had much of the oportunity to talk every night, nor could I make frequent trips to China. We kept it together by muddling through the day to day knowing that my return was for her to get the visa and then come home. We did not blind ourselves to possible snags but rather made plans for our upcoming success.

I also concur that getting her a computer and a web cam would be a good investment.?Even if she is busy she could surely find 15 minutes a day to chat with you online.?It is what kept my sanity during the long wait.?Talking on the telephone pales by the comparison of watching her face while she laughs, seeing her smile or just gazing into her eyes.

225595[/snapback]

I will look into getting one over there. If I get one I will need to find someone to set it up for her, but, we'll see how it goes. I'll have to see if she has a computer cafe nearby. Thanks again everyone. I,too get down once in a while. :o

225599[/snapback]

During the long wait, we used the webcam for more than chats. I was able to give Jingwen a guided tour of the house so she could see the various rooms and outside. This gave her a real sense of what was in store for her when she arrived. This was a mixed blessing since I didn't realize how much the furnishings were going to have to change. :) We also used the webcam to introduce Jingwen to family and friends. All in all, the webcam was a very good investment.

I also concur that getting her a computer and a web cam would be a good investment.  Even if she is busy she could surely find 15 minutes a day to chat with you online.  It is what kept my sanity during the long wait.  Talking on the telephone pales by the comparison of watching her face while she laughs, seeing her smile or just gazing into her eyes.

225595[/snapback]

I will look into getting one over there. If I get one I will need to find someone to set it up for her, but, we'll see how it goes. I'll have to see if she has a computer cafe nearby. Thanks again everyone. I,too get down once in a while. :o

225599[/snapback]

Just a thought and what I did. I went to a local pawn shop and bought a very nice laptop for $250 after some haggling back and forth on price. Took it home bought the web cam and microphone set it all up myself. With Yahoo messenger, Chinese version, from the internet. Her yahoo mail box etc. Sent her a message to Yahoo messenger so when she opened it it would automatically allow you to make calls to her and puts you on her contact list. Shipping might be a little bit of expense but well worth it. I took mine over with me on my 2nd visit. Then she had her friends husband install Chinese language onto computer so she could use for her friends and family when she does get here. We have endless fun talking to one another and reccommend it to anyone. And yes you can introduce family and friends, show her the house, etc. Plus practice the interview questions!!!!!

I am sure as you and me included we all get down at some point during the process because of the time and abscence. But just believe it soon will be over. I am really having trouble being close to the end, but she is very positive now and trys to relax me!!!!!!! :)

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)