Good news needed

All we ask, (those of us who are waiting because of the IMBRA) is to just give us some kind of sign, something, shine a flashlight, send up a smoke signal, use Morse code, anything --- just "something" to let us know that USCIS has our petitions and knows that we are still alive. Anything, please just anything. That's all we ask. :(

Hang in there. I believe you can check the NOA2 status of your application online.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

If they have already sent you the NOA2, and you haven't received it, it may be lost in the mail. As long as they are going through the next process, then you are good.

There should be a number you can call and talk to someone about the case, but I don't know it, maybe someone can help you with that.

All we ask, (those of us who are waiting because of the IMBRA) is to just give us some kind of sign, something, shine a flashlight, send up a smoke signal, use Morse code, anything --- just "something" to let us know that USCIS has our petitions and knows that we are still alive.  Anything, please just anything.  That's all we ask.  :(

224997[/snapback]

I have stopped here and read your post several times tonight, and could not think of anything I could say that might help or offer any hope or comfort.

You are victims of what the DHS calls an "inconvenience". And that makes me so angry to hear that that I can hardly even type.

I am retired from the Air Force where I was a crewmember on air refueling tankers. I have been separated from my family on so many occasions that I cannot count them. I know what it is to be alone and lonesome and I know what it is to miss birthdays, holidays and funerals. I now how precious time with a loved one can be and I also know missed events can never ever be made up. I have never figured out how to make a child forget you were not there for her birthday or graduation. And the warmth and wonder of new and developing relationships is another precious thing we would treasure in our memories if they would let us.

Never, ever did I consider any of these things an "inconvenience'! Not necessarily tragedies in every circumstance, but never an inconvenience. And I believe that anyone who possesses so little compassion or understanding of human emotion that they could say such a thing, should never be in a position where he or she can affect the lives of other citizens. And, in quiet reflective moments, I seem to have visions of tar and feathers.

Now back to your post and your desire: You want compassion and understanding from a department of our government that has no compassion and a history of incompetence. I think you're just out of luck, and that makes me angry, too.

Ron from your timeline you are right on schedule. The worst part of this process is the waiting until the next notice or sign that anything is being done with your case. Hang in there you have only begun. Take a look at the timelines of others on their posts to see how they are running now. I would guess from yours that it will be another 3 to 4 months to your next step - the P-3.

Good luck!

Hey Travelers, People get Government jobs because they cant get anything else. When you are 1, and you have to provide service to the masses, that is all they are, masses. Terrible.

Good luck everybody. Kind of makes you want to just go marry your SO and do K-3. Dont it?

Hang in there. I believe you can check the NOA2 status of your application online.

If they have already sent you the NOA2, and you haven't received it, it may be lost in the mail. As long as they are going through the next process, then you are good.

There should be a number you can call and talk to someone about the case, but I don't know it, maybe someone can help you with that.

225013[/snapback]

That's the problem. I don't have the NOA2 yet. I have called the "Customer Service" number they list, but I have not been able to talk to a human being. We are waiting for RFE's, but how do I know they didn't lose my petition?

:P

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

225013[/snapback]

That's the problem. I don't have the NOA2 yet. I have called the "Customer Service" number they list, but I have not been able to talk to a human being. We are waiting for RFE's, but how do I know they didn't lose my petition?

:P

225043[/snapback]

I know you are wondering.As I have and every one else on this site not kowing the day of thing's and the uncertanity it bring's. But the advice you where given is good look at the othere time line's as some one else posted I read not to long ago every one has a hang up spot but for the most part they all average about the same in the end. I and my SO waited from january23 to may 31 to get her p3

I don't want to get started on my own misfortunes, but it all shakes out in the end, jump through the hoops, gather your cheetos, get as comfortable as possible.... ( :lol: ) and learn that NVC, DHS, & DOS have an inexplicable system and timeline, your individual case is one of thousands, hang in there.....

good luck!!!

All we ask, (those of us who are waiting because of the IMBRA) is to just give us some kind of sign, something, shine a flashlight, send up a smoke signal, use Morse code, anything --- just "something" to let us know that USCIS has our petitions and knows that we are still alive.  Anything, please just anything.  That's all we ask.  :)

224997[/snapback]

Last year was so hard for many us who were not with the person we had grown to love. I can certainly empathize with you but that does not make you feel any better. Stay close to CFL. The immigration process from the stand point of the U.S. government does not take into account matters of the heart. They can not

While I can empathize, I do not sympathize since you seem to be moving at a respectable pace so far.

All of our cases are treated differently. I chose not to emphasize mine to the masses. My choice. Only 2 people were aware of my P3.

I understand the process, and chose not to wring my hands once per week over what is perceived as a lack of progress. It is what it is.

Does that sound cold? I apologize for that only. I see life for what it gives, not for what I want it to give me.

Mike

While I can empathize, I do not sympathize since you seem to be moving at a respectable pace so far.

All of our cases are treated differently. I chose not to emphasize mine to the masses. My choice. Only 2 people were aware of my P3.

I understand the process, and chose not to wring my hands once per week over what is perceived as a lack of progress. It is what it is.

Does that sound cold? I apologize for that only. I see life for what it gives, not for what I want it to give me.

Mike

225341[/snapback]

you received your NOA2 within one month. RLS has been waiting 4 months and still no NOA2. I wouldn't call that respectable at all.

Mike

225341[/snapback]

You know what, Michael. Ever since I have seen your posts and ever since I have responded to them, I have always been respectable and kind. I am happy for you that yours moved quickly. You got your NOA1 in six days and your NOA2 in 28 days. That's good. Then you have to post this BS to me. All I can say for you with sincerity is good luck on your interview.

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

[While I can empathize, I do not sympathize since you seem to be moving at a respectable pace so far.

Mike]

How's the saying go? "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Edited by trickyspark (see edit history)

Mike

225341[/snapback]

Sometimes people just need to vent. You know, let off a little steam?

I didn't see it as asking for sympathy, just maybe some answers in a time when this new law is making many people more nuts then they were before.

I'm venting with you Ron :o !

Thanks, Lou, Tricky and I love my Li. Waiting is never easy especially when you don't have a clue what it is you're waiting for. Hopefully we'll get some news soon. :o