EMS Letter Received in Dalian

Every morning the first thing I do is call my wife and with this morning's call my dear Ping informed me her pickup letter had arrived during the afternoon, she said "I tell you, this letter coming." Her daughter's case had been included under Ping's case number and the daughter had been cleared for a long time. I asked if the letter mentioned Jing-jing's name and she said she did not see it. She said "I see my name. These people hand touch this paper, you know, hand write my name." I believe that the daughter must be mentioned on the letter but I asked Ping to go to a copy shop that has a fax machine and fax me the two pages inside the EMS envelope so I can be absolutely sure what they say. It looks like the beginning of our new life is getting closer, at last, and my dream of being together with the lady of my heart is really going to happen.

Every morning the first thing I do is call my wife and with this morning's call my dear Ping informed me her pickup letter had arrived during the afternoon, she said "I tell you, this letter coming."  Her daughter's case had been included under Ping's case number and the daughter had been cleared for a long time.  I asked if the letter mentioned Jing-jing's name and she said she did not see it.  She said "I see my name.  These people hand touch this paper, you know, hand write my name."  I believe that the daughter must be mentioned on the letter but I asked Ping to go to a copy shop that has a fax machine and fax me the two pages inside the EMS envelope so I can be absolutely sure what they say.  It looks like the beginning of our new life is getting closer, at last, and my dream of being together with the lady of my heart is really going to happen.

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Rob - finally your dream girls are coming soon. So happy for you. You have been very calm and collected in the whole waiting process while helping all of us get the answers from the governement with your wonderful writing skills. Thank you very much! I am glad you finally have someone come watch out for you -- did I hear the word "diet"? She is a good cook, then you got a problem again!!! ;) ;) ;) :blink:

Great news! Glad you are in 'verify' mode. I've seen one or two posts where K-1/K-2 had problems at GZ getting in. Going from Dalian, you want to be positive, for sure, that both visas will be given. The guards out front are pretty picky about letting anyone in who is not named on the letter. Hope this resolves quicky for you and family.

The Chinese guards (not the ones hired by the consulate) are there to prevent anyone from entering that doesn't have a letter of invitation or a US passport. Therefore it is important to get something for the daughter.

By theory, she could show up, explain the oversight and show the copies of the application papers and the GZ staff would take care of the oversight immediately. That is what Mr. Adams told me should have happened with our first application. However, when I called GZ to point out the error they insisted that we had to start the process over again.

My advice is to try to get a message through to Adams and get the invitation letter for the daughter also.

Let me say thank you for the well wishes from Don, Eric, Lurker, Tony, Jim, Bob, Ju, Charlotte, and Owen. You all and others here have been helpful and supportive to me as I have been for you and I appreciate it.

There are many others I am hoping to hear from on this thread. :D

I believe we who are involved with increasing the amount of love in this old world are doing a good thing for everyone else. :)

Really happy for you Robert and I pray everything will work out ok for you and yours, especially getting the paperwork snafu ironed out. As Owen said, if you can somehow manage to get throught to Adams it would be best.

Again, congrats. Soon Anniston will have a lovely, reunited family. :)

Again, congrats. Soon Anniston will have a lovely, reunited family. :D

Yes, we will make a nice, and interesting, group together here in this part of Alabama. We will probably get a lot of stares and I am sure my ladies will be asked many times where they are from. I will have to tell the story of how we met over and over again, maybe I can condense it. We will have to go all the way to Atlanta to do any serious shopping at an Oriental food store.

Yes, we will make a nice, and interesting, group together here in this part of Alabama. We will probably get a lot of stares and I am sure my ladies will be asked many times where they are from. I will have to tell the story of how we met over and over again, maybe I can condense it. We will have to go all the way to Atlanta to do any serious shopping at an Oriental food store.

Just tell them they are from Weaver. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: B)

(Weaver is a small community outside of Anniston).

Just tell them they are from Weaver. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D

(Weaver is a small community outside of Anniston).

Weaver is somewhat cosmopolitan B) nowadays, perhaps I should say they are from Flat Rock, or Possum Trot, or Rabbittown, where everyone is at least first cousins, or closer, which would explain why they are "funny looking."

Dave, thanks for your well wishes. I am brewing up something else that I believe will help the new people, wait and see.