the most terrible interview

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paula.. I have a question. Were you told to bring this documention from the instructions in the P4. I would think to be fair to people, the US Government should document exactly what they need before the interview. I totally disagree with this VO. You could have provided this information when you entered your POE. I think it sucks. Sorry we have such laws. We are all one people and should act as such.

Guest ShaQuaNew

One very important point not mentioned here is that the P4 contains a document called:

GNI-2

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/P4/GNI-2.pdf

Question 7 reads:

List all organizations or political parties you are now or have been a member of or affiliated wtih since your sixteenth birthday. Include professional, vocational, social, and political organizations:

Name of Organization

Dates of Membership

Type of Membership / Leadership Positions

Anyone that lists the the Communist Party on this form should be totally, completely, and 100% prepared to present overcome evidence at the interview in the form as stipulated in the link provided by Frank1538:

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940034N.pdf

The GNI-2 is the only form containing this question.

Ameriken mentioned that you should not be volunteering information. Make sure that you are consistent with your answers. If a form states one thing, don't contradict it's content by saying something else...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

This may sound somewhat insensitive. But here it goes. When I realized I started having feelings for my now, wife. I asked her point blank, are you in the CCP? She said adamantly NO. And I must have asked her a few more times just trying to be absolutly certain. When we entered the I love you stage, I asked her again, and when we wanted to marry, I again asked her making sure she understood, it is hard to enter US with CCP. Fortunatly, my wife has never joined CCP. Any person new to this site, ask your SO about CCP and if there is any issue, make sure you guys can overcome. Get a waiver whatever. I can well understand the heartache one would have if it were to get to interview and have that issue. I am happy, that you were honest with the VO, and i'm hoping and praying you will overcome this. Good luck.

One very important point not mentioned here is that the P4 contains a document called:

GNI-2

Question 7 reads:

List all organizations or political parties you are now or have been a member of or affiliated wtih since your sixteenth birthday. Include professional, vocational, social, and political organizations:

Name of Organization

Dates of Membership

Anyone that lists the the Communist Party on this form should be totally, completely, and 100% prepared to present overcome evidence at the interview in the form as stipulated in the link provided by Frank1538:

Ameriken mentioned that you should not be volunteering information. Make sure that you are consistent with your answers. If a form states one thing, don't contradict it's content by saying something else...

222425[/snapback]

Yes, on this form, as it only asks you if you are communist member, not were you communist member. I thought I quited so I chose No. When visa officer heard my answer about quiting, he did looked at this form again, and said oh, you are not commnuist member, then he asked me if I have any formal letter from my university.

Anyway, I still think tell him the truth is best even though it caused trouble.

oh, I heard not everyone was asked this question, I think probably because of my job. I work in international cooperation and exchange department in my university. It seems if you dont have decent job, they wont ask you this question.

Guest pushbrk

GNI-2

Question 7 reads:

Name of Organization

Dates of Membership

222425[/snapback]

Yes, on this form, as it only asks you if you are communist member, not were you communist member. I thought I quited so I chose No. When visa officer heard my answer about quiting, he did looked at this form again, and said oh, you are not commnuist member, then he asked me if I have any formal letter from my university.

oh, I heard not everyone was asked this question, I think probably because of my job. I work in international cooperation and exchange department in my university. It seems if you dont have decent job, they wont ask you this question.

222437[/snapback]

These forms often become confusing but I believe the question asks you to list all organizations you "NOW OR HAVE BEEN" a member of or affiliated with. If you did not list the Communist party on the form and then later answered you quit the party, your answer is not consistent with the form.

It would appear, however that submitting the letter requested will still solve the problem.

Yes, i thought probably my answer was not so good, and I should answer no as I did quited it even though I didnt the statement from my university. But I answered I quit insteand "NO", which cause a lot trouble now. ;)

222336[/snapback]

dont ask, don't tell. Better off just answering what the VO wants to know and not to offer anything extra. Just be sure to always be honest and not lie. Sorry about what has happened.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

GNI-2

Question 7 reads:

Name of Organization

Dates of Membership

222425[/snapback]

222437[/snapback]

The language is VERY specific in English....

"are you NOW or HAVE BEEN a member...."

This means just that. Were you at any time in your life after you were 16 years old a member of the communist party.....

Again, it's important to be truthful in everything, but, if a form shows one thing, don't contradict it by stating another....

This may sound somewhat insensitive. But here it goes. When I realized I started having feelings for my now, wife. I asked her point blank, are you in the CCP? She said adamantly NO. And I must have asked her a few more times just trying to be absolutly certain. When we entered the I love you stage, I asked her again, and when we wanted to marry, I again asked her making sure she understood, it is hard to enter US with CCP. Fortunatly, my wife has never joined CCP. Any person new to this site, ask your SO about CCP and if there is any issue, make sure you guys can overcome. Get a waiver whatever. I can well understand the heartache one would have if it were to get to interview and have that issue. I am happy, that you were honest with the VO, and i'm hoping and praying you will overcome this. Good luck.

222429[/snapback]

I asked my wife a couple times as well. Her dad was a provincial leader (governor?) and her brothers-in-law were high up in the Yingde city government and the Guangzhou fire department. All party members.

She is not, never was.

Paula, I have to say I am sorry for the yes then no. It isn't fair. However, I think I would have thought twice about ending the interview then coming back. A question not asked by you is a question not asked by him, if I understand your story correctly. This is not to be kebo de, but rather to give a warning to future people. When the interview is over and you have the visa approval, just go and not look back. You are done there!

As it is, you get those letters and you should get your visa. It is only a delay, and happiness will come to you soon! I wish you and your son and husband all the very best in this process!

Paula, Maya (huihuihui) and I are so sorry to hear this, I just asked her about you and was told your interview was today. As mentioned above just send them the document they want and all will be well. You are already approved. Just a little technicality. Good luck and see you in the states soon.

Guest pushbrk

222429[/snapback]

I asked my wife a couple times as well. Her dad was a provincial leader (governor?) and her brothers-in-law were high up in the Yingde city government and the Guangzhou fire department. All party members.

She is not, never was.

222459[/snapback]

I was fortunate to become aware of the Communist Party issue with visas early in my relationship. I was particularly concerned once I found that my future father in-law had been a military officer and that my fiance had worked in management for a State owned Enterprise.

She assured me she was never a party member.

As it turns out her father is a retired PRC Army General.

We will be careful to truthfully steer clear of this issue by indicating she was NEVER a member of the party.

For what it's worth, this is one of the key reasons I often refer people to the FAQ and encourage them to read a lot of past threads. It is almost impossible to learn what is needed by asking questions because until we learn we often don't know the right questions.

GNI-2

Question 7 reads:

Name of Organization

Dates of Membership

222425[/snapback]

Actually I didnt get this GNI-2 form, as I am not K1, I am CR1, so I only got DS230-II, and another family information sheet. Only on DS230-II there is asked if you are communist party member, and they only give you two answer Yes or No and let you chose one. That is a reason I chose NO.

So what is GNI-2?

Paula.. I have a question. Were you told to bring this documention from the instructions in the P4. I would think to be fair to people, the US Government should document exactly what they need before the interview. I totally disagree with this VO. You could have provided this information when you entered your POE. I think it sucks. Sorry we have such laws. We are all one people and should act as such.

222422[/snapback]

NO, on the P4 package I was not told I need take those kind of stuff. On the P4, I was only told to bring marriage, divorce, birth, no crimal, 3 years tax returns and salary. That is also why I really didnt pay much attention to being a communist party. I thought visa officer will grant me visa based on real marriage.

Again thanks you all guys here to give me so much support. My husband is also great, he didt do anything to make me feel worse after interview. oppoist, he gave me so much care and love to comfort me.Actually it was I who messed up this interview. When we got married, my husband kept telling me to quit communist, I didnt think that is so so big issue, so I didnt pay much attention to it and pushed my university to give me a statment before I got interview. When my husband knew I didnt get it cos of it, he just told me to get anything VO need and fix it as soon as possible. He is so considerate and loving. He worried me and called me a lot everyday. Yes visa change made me feel very sad and upset, but in another point, it showed how my husband loves me. I know all waiting and difficult is worthwhile, as I know I love my husband so much. Sorry, tears are in my eyes. I am just worried about my husband, these two day are also so hard to him, he had to drink a lot and almost drunk to fall asleep every night. I knew he wanted to forget trouble so he could fall asleep.My heart feel pains when I knew he was in that way. I wish I could help him. sorry, I cant type now as I am crying.