the most terrible interview

Guest pushbrk
Paula.. I have a question. Were you told to bring this documention from the instructions in the P4. I would think to be fair to people, the US Government should document exactly what they need before the interview. I totally disagree with this VO. You could have provided this information when you entered your POE. I think it sucks. Sorry we have such laws. We are all one people and should act as such.

222422[/snapback]

NO, on the P4 package I was not told I need take those kind of stuff. On the P4, I was only told to bring marriage, divorce, birth, no crimal, 3 years tax returns and salary. That is also why I really didnt pay much attention to being a communist party. I thought visa officer will grant me visa based on real marriage.

222553[/snapback]

I'm afraid that without a timeline in the signature, many assume all posters have applied for K1. Most often this is true.

If you only got the DS 230, then you aswered correctly. It would have been wise to be aware of the Communist issue and be prepared but I can't think of anything the Consulate would have sent you, that would prepare you for that.

I'm only prepared because of reading about it here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again thanks you all guys here to give me so much support. My husband is also great, he didt do anything to make me feel worse after interview. oppoist, he gave me so much care and love to comfort me.Actually it was I who messed up this interview. When we got married, my husband kept telling me to quit communist, I didnt think that is so so big issue, so I didnt pay much attention to it and pushed my university to give me a statment before I got interview. When my husband knew I didnt get it cos of it, he just told me to get anything VO need and fix it as soon as possible. He is so considerate and loving. He worried me and called me a lot everyday. Yes visa change made me feel very sad and upset, but in another point, it showed how my husband loves me. I know all waiting and difficult is worthwhile, as I know I love my husband so much.  Sorry, tears are in my eyes. I am just worried about my husband, these two day are also so hard to him, he had to drink a lot and almost drunk to fall  asleep every night. I knew he wanted to forget trouble so he could fall asleep.My heart feel pains when I knew he was in that way. I wish I could help him. sorry, I cant type now as I am crying.

222561[/snapback]

What you learned about yourself and your husband will far outweigh the time lost because of this. I was wondering how your husband would react, and it is great to hear that you have a loving, caring, and supportive man!

Now, you can put this day behind you, and start looking forward....forget this day, charge yourself up for the overcome and just proceed with a new confidence that you will soon be together ! Good luck !

:unsure: Hello all guys here, I am very sad and upset today. I have flewn back my city now as I didnt get red slip as we expected. Actually the interview was pretty easy. I think visa officer has viewed our cases in advance and alreayd made their decision. My VO only asked me 2 simple  questions. " how did you two know each other?" " how many times has he been china?" He didnt looked at any proofs I took. then told me "Congrats you have got visa, you just need go out to pay money and they will tell you how to get visa." I was very glad and put those red slips into my bag. When I was ready leave, I rememberd my husband's question" if I can get 10 years visa" , then I told VO if I can get 10 years,  what he said" I have issued you 10 years" thrilled me a lot , but suddenly he asked me "are you communist member?" I told him I quited , then he asked me formal letters about my quiting. I didnt have former letter from my university, then the VO said he is sorry, and he cant give me visa right now, and I need submit them those formal letter from my university. He told me it is no problem for me to get visa, but according to american law, he cant give me right now, but if i want, he can give my son visa right now. I told him my son cant go to the US alone. :)  I was told I can fax and mail those documentations to GZ, and I need wait at leat a month or a month and half to get answer. Anybody has the experience like mine? How to overcome it?

222312[/snapback]

I agree with not being hard on yourself for telling the truth. I am very sorry for your denial at this time.

Hi, Thanks guys here. I am getting better now, but found my husband is down this morning when he talked me on the phone just now. See, we are real couple, when I was down, he helped me and comforted me, now I am trying to comfort my loving husband. Yes right now is the most hard time for both of us, but I am sure we can work out it together.

Hi, Thanks guys here. I am getting better now, but  found my husband is down this morning when he talked me on the phone just now. See, we  are real couple, when I was down, he helped me and comforted me, now I am trying to comfort my loving husband. Yes right now is the most hard time for both of us, but I am sure we can work out it together.

222607[/snapback]

Paula, you can tell your husband everything will be OK. You just have to wait a little longer :unsure:

By the way, can you get the letter that the consulate asked for? I think you should try to get it is as fast as you can and send it to them.

Good luck!

Hi,guys, on the blue slip said" provide a written statment from current/past employers verifying the person doest not belong to the Chinese Communist party". So that means my university only need to write"XX is not chinese commnuist party" Is it OK? If my university need write very detail one?

First, I want to clarify that the question of being a member is on at least three forms:

1) GNI-2 (P4 form put inside sealed medical package)

2) DS-230 in part II (K# will sign this at the consulate at interview)

3) I-485 (K# use this for Adjustment in the states)

You have to pay attention to the wording as it differ...

--------

Here is a past member's sample letter they used for their university:

Most of you know that my So is facing the same delema in two weeks..She also went the the CP leader at her work to ask to quit.. He told her there were two options she could take.. One, put in writing a statement wishing to quit which would then be "discussed" and a decision made.. She stated that he seemed to imply that this would not happen easily and that they could harass her into changing her mind...She mentioned the word "threaten"..... he also sugeested that she simply not pay any more dues and this would automatically kick her out...I had prepared a letter for her and since this auto term falls within the contract termination of her job, we didnt change it any...I told me So , that if asked just explain or give them the letter.. but dont volunteer any info if not asked.....here is the letter we have prepared... oh and should we run into problems requiring a waiver to be filed...I have send her the papers and a check for 250.00 for the wavier but not to mention this to them as well...

One note.. I do not suggest getting this noterized as most  chinese government officals might have a problem with it.

The reason I joined the Communist Party was solely for the pupose of obtaining employment. When I was attending Xiamen University, My graduating classmates told me that I needed to join the party if I wanted to get a high paying good job in my field of expertise. Only those students with membership would be the ones that got excepted to the best work organizations..My present job does indeed look at membership as a way of determining the best applicants for the job to hire. I  do not believe in the ideals or beliefs of the Communist Party and will no longer be a member of the party once my contract with my current employment is over.

Signed

Date

149951[/snapback]

First, I want to clarify that the question of being a member is on at least three forms:

1) GNI-2  (P4 form put inside sealed medical package)

2) DS-230 in part II  (K# will sign this at the consulate at interview)

--------

Most of you know that my So is facing the same delema in two weeks..She also went the the CP leader at her work to ask to quit.. He told her there were two options she could take.. One, put in writing a statement wishing to quit which would then be "discussed" and a decision made.. She stated that he seemed to imply that this would not happen easily and that they could harass her into changing her mind...She mentioned the word "threaten"..... he also sugeested that she simply not pay any more dues and this would automatically kick her out...I had prepared a letter for her and since this auto term falls within the contract termination of her job, we didnt change it any...I told me So , that if asked just explain or give them the letter.. but dont volunteer any info if not asked.....here is the letter we have prepared... oh and should we run into problems requiring a waiver to be filed...I have send her the papers and a check for 250.00 for the wavier but not to mention this to them as well...

One note.. I do not suggest getting this noterized as most  chinese government officals might have a problem with it.

The reason I joined the Communist Party was solely for the pupose of obtaining employment. When I was attending Xiamen University, My graduating classmates told me that I needed to join the party if I wanted to get a high paying good job in my field of expertise. Only those students with membership would be the ones that got excepted to the best work organizations..My present job does indeed look at membership as a way of determining the best applicants for the job to hire. I  do not believe in the ideals or beliefs of the Communist Party and will no longer be a member of the party once my contract with my current employment is over.

Signed

Date

149951[/snapback]

222758[/snapback]

I am not K#, I am CR1. On the GNI-2 I filled out I am not communist member as I already quited. The visa officer diddnt ask me to sign my name on the DS-230 Part II during the interview.

I am very happy now as I got the statment from my university and my director even signed her name on it. :roller:

1) GNI-2  (P4 form put inside sealed medical package)

2) DS-230 in part II  (K# will sign this at the consulate at interview)

--------

One note.. I do not suggest getting this noterized as most?chinese government officals might have a problem with it.

The reason I joined the Communist Party was solely for the pupose of obtaining employment. When I was attending Xiamen University, My graduating classmates told me that I needed to join the party if I wanted to get a high paying good job in my field of expertise. Only those students with membership would be the ones that got excepted to the best work organizations..My present job does indeed look at membership as a way of determining the best applicants for the job to hire. I?do not believe in the ideals or beliefs of the Communist Party and will no longer be a member of the party once my contract with my current employment is over.

Signed

Date

149951[/snapback]

222758[/snapback]

I am not K#, I am CR1. On the GNI-2 I filled out I am not communist member as I already quited. The visa officer diddnt ask me to sign my name on the DS-230 Part II during the interview.

I am very happy now as I got the statment from my university and my director even signed her name on it. :roller:

222822[/snapback]

sorry, I just remember only one form for me mentioned communist, that is DS-230 Part II

Guest pushbrk

1) GNI-2?(P4 form put inside sealed medical package)

2) DS-230 in part II?(K# will sign this at the consulate at interview)

--------

One note.. I do not suggest getting this noterized as most?chinese government officals might have a problem with it.

The reason I joined the Communist Party was solely for the pupose of obtaining employment. When I was attending Xiamen University, My graduating classmates told me that I needed to join the party if I wanted to get a high paying good job in my field of expertise. Only those students with membership would be the ones that got excepted to the best work organizations..My present job does indeed look at membership as a way of determining the best applicants for the job to hire. I?do not believe in the ideals or beliefs of the Communist Party and will no longer be a member of the party once my contract with my current employment is over.

Signed

Date

149951[/snapback]

222758[/snapback]

I am very happy now as I got the statment from my university and my director even signed her name on it. :)

222822[/snapback]

sorry, I just remember only one form for me mentioned communist, that is DS-230 Part II

222823[/snapback]

Yes, only one of the three forms is one you would have seen. You answered it correctly.

Curious that the VO even asked this..

if the only document she was asked this question on, she answered "NO" to.. then there must of been something else in the case showing her past involvement... (?)

The minimalist answer to the verbal question, "are you a member.. " would be "no".. but could of been followed up with more to resolve any issue the VO saw in the case...

Glad to hear paula got the letter...

Guest pushbrk
Curious that the VO even asked this..

if the only document she was asked this question on, she answered "NO" to.. then there must of been something else in the case showing her past involvement...  (?)

The minimalist answer to the verbal question, "are you a member.. " would be "no".. but could of been followed up with more to resolve any issue the VO saw in the case...

Glad to hear paula got the letter...

222960[/snapback]

He employment history probably indicated a strong possibility of Party membership.