Mr. Heim,

Here is the reply I received from the Consulate in Guangzhou, China. It looks as if there is nothing we can do to expedite the application, that it is in administrative processing, and the Consulate will contact you when the investigation is complete. I'm sorry this is the not the answer we were looking for, but if you do not hear from the Consulate within the next couples of months, you can always contact me again and I can check up on the case.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Theresa Chalhoub

From Congressman Carnahan's office

This is what I received from the Consulate:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately there is no historical precedent on how long it will take to complete our administrative processing. Some case require a few weeks, while others may require months to complete. We are not investigating the difference in birthday dates; instead, our officers are looking at the totality of evidence that has been presented in this case.

Once our investigation is complete, we will contact the beneficiary directly on our decision on how to proceed with this case.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consulate Guangzhou - Congressional Team

Rick and Yanaln

Mr. Heim,

Here is the reply I received from the Consulate in Guangzhou, China.  It looks as if there is nothing we can do to expedite the application, that it is in administrative processing, and the Consulate will contact you when the investigation is complete.  I'm sorry this is the not the answer we were looking for, but if you do not hear from the Consulate within the next couples of months, you can always contact me again and I can check up on the case.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Theresa Chalhoub

From Congressman Carnahan's office

This is what I received from the Consulate:

Thank you for your inquiry.  Unfortunately there is no historical precedent on how long it will take to complete our administrative processing.  Some case require a few weeks, while others may require months to complete.  We are not investigating the difference in birthday dates; instead, our officers are looking at the totality of evidence that has been presented in this case.

Once our investigation is complete, we will contact the beneficiary directly on our decision on how to proceed with this case.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consulate Guangzhou - Congressional Team

Rick and Yanaln

217717[/snapback]

Hang in there!

My case is also under administrative processing and it has taken more than 6 months now. :)

There's nothing we can do but wait and pray.

Not to insult anyone, but why do they tell you to email them and then refuse to answer specifics? All you get are stock replies that say nothing except wait untill we are ready to do something when we feel like it. I think it's all a game to make you think that you are doing something that matters. If I didn't have to work, I would go and be the biggest pest in GUZ at every citizen hour untill something happened.

Guest pushbrk
Not to insult anyone, but why do they tell you to email them and then refuse to answer specifics? All you get are stock replies that say nothing except wait untill we are ready to do something when we feel like it. I think it's all a game to make you think that you are doing something that matters. If I didn't have to work, I would go and be the biggest pest in GUZ at every citizen hour untill something happened.

217822[/snapback]

Some things can receive direct or detailed answers. Sensitive issues like security checks (among others) cannot. In Rick's case they actually did give one specific answer. They said the review was not about a discrepancy in birthdates. Even that question was probably asked incorrectly. They wouldn't have been investigating a discrepancy. They would have been waiting for a new name check using the correct birthdate. I had hoped that's all it was. Evidently not.

They seem to be saying that's not the extent of the review. It sucks but I don't know how they could tell a person any more than that.

Unfortunately in life, we often don't like the result of somebody else doing the right thing because of how it impacts us. They still have to do the right thing. It sucks.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

all you can do at this point is wait and see, there are restrictions on how much they can respond

canned or not, this is how it is, be patient and you will eventually have your SO with you

good luck

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)