Third time no charm!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

email and mail you congressman and sentor everyday for a month about what happen. send them pitures of your family explain what going on, that you feel it racism get them stirred up

be the hornetnest that dropped in their lap

214059[/snapback]

Yeh , I would do the same. You know I am anticipating the same problem when my in laws apply. This is so unfair.

Tony, Sponsoring then is the only way we have left. They do not want to stay here so if they get green cards they can come and go.

Sweetie is in Shanghai now after her long trip. Almost 1AM so I hope she is sleeping and not staying up talking.

I will go to Senator Salazars office in Denver and show them all the papers I have saved regarding this issue and ask why he wants to give anmesty to people who have caused this problem.

Iwill write newspapers and McCain. Kennedy is hopeless. Why does Mass keep electing him and his relatives?

Meanwhile several thousand illegals have entered our country.....

Tony, Sponsoring then is the only way we have left. They do not want to stay here so if they get green cards they can come and go.

Sweetie is in Shanghai now after her long trip. Almost 1AM so I hope she is sleeping and not staying up talking.

I will go to Senator Salazars office in Denver and show them all the papers I have saved regarding this issue and ask why he wants to give anmesty to people who have caused this problem.

Iwill write newspapers and McCain. Kennedy is hopeless. Why does Mass keep electing him and his relatives?

Meanwhile several thousand illegals have entered our country.....

214138[/snapback]

This answers the question I was about to post. I was going to ask if my inlaws could come visit Jie here in the US.

We are 21 years apart, so I guess that disqualifies them.

Ski, you may also want to write Tom Tancredo, as he is strongly pro-reform and anti-amnesty, as well as Paula Woodward at Channel 9 (if she is still there). This really could add balance to the immigration equation.

Guest pushbrk
Ken, not to mention the green card interview to which we both went.

If Jie has a brother or sister still in China,, her parents may be able to get visas.

214838[/snapback]

No matter what single reason they might mention, you can bet the totality of the circumstances were considered. That's not to say it was done with kindness or compassion, or even all that competently. Age difference is a validity of relationship concern not an age concern. This will impact how compelling the VO thinks their reasons to return to China might be.

These people applied three times to visit their only child in the USA. Just what kind of compelling reason for returning to China did they submit?

Each case is different. The "age" thing is a straw man.

Now that I think about it more, I find it strange that Guangzhou thought age difference was no problem in letting your wife come here, but Shanghai wont let her parent come because of it.  :o

214732[/snapback]

yea....I agree with this above post. I too miss reading those news articles about immigration. Maybe, ShaQuaNew will come back and start posting those very informative articles again. :D

Also, Ski...I too am very sorry for all this upsetting and unfair news. I think sometimes these VO's think we are a bunch of freaking idiots. Wow...how can people be so heartless and insensitive?

It really sucks the way the Consulates play their game. I wish there was a way to get their random behavior made public, but that would spoil their money making operation.

213732[/snapback]

Hey Lee. It is Hail Caesar give unto Caesar. We are the little Borgata out here in nowwhere land to the American Public eyes. We can do what we wish to do and noooooooooooooooboby can stop us. Not even the House Ways and Means commitee that "gives" them money to operate on can get a straight answer from these guys. Something to do with the Condor act or something like that. This is the case of a very small insecure person who is a pain and we have given him a big stick but he still is a small insecure person and a pain but with a big stick.

If Jie has a brother or sister still in China,, her parents may be able to get visas.

214838[/snapback]

No siblings.

We have thought about bringing one parent at a time for a visit, i wonder if that would get a visa?

Guest pushbrk

214838[/snapback]

No siblings.

We have thought about bringing one parent at a time for a visit, i wonder if that would get a visa?

214924[/snapback]

It would stand to reason that leaving a spouse in China would improve the odds but why not look at the totality of the circumstances yourself. If there are major assets and or a career along with a history of international travel (that wasn't manufactured to help get a USA visa) you might get them both here.

I think both my wife's siblings and their spouses have a good chance of coming.

Her sister's husband is a police officer who has studied in France, returned to his job in Nanning and is currently attempting to get sponsorship to complete a PHD in California. She has her own business but has not traveled abroad. They have no children.

Her brother is a University Professor and he owns multiple retail businesses. She owns her own business and has significant assets. They have two children. Bringing the children with them might be a problem but leaving them behind would add to the compelling reason to return to China. They have not traveled abroad.

My wife's father is a widower who lives with one of his children and is in relatively poor health and retired as a high ranking officer in the People's Army 20 years ago. I doubt he'd get a visitor visa and have no reason to think he wants one.

My point here is that it is wise to look at the totality of circumstances and see if YOU think a reasonable objective person would conclude there is compelling reason to return to China.

Skiburn, I'm thinking that you can try writing a sincere letter to the consulate, and give them some background into your sitution, and let them know of your story, and what life has been like with your wife. Perhaps if they understood more about your situation, they'll would have a bit more of a heart.

It is not about human rights, it is about racism.

213956[/snapback]

i have wondered why they let cuban people into the country :clapping: and actually have been told because Cuba has it really bad and they are communist..... :ph34r:

besides that all the officials are Cuban in Miami and they all stick up for each other like they are one big family.

its out of control if you ask me

214838[/snapback]

No siblings.

214924[/snapback]

It would stand to reason that leaving a spouse in China would improve the odds but why not look at the totality of the circumstances yourself. If there are major assets and or a career along with a history of international travel (that wasn't manufactured to help get a USA visa) you might get them both here.

I think both my wife's siblings and their spouses have a good chance of coming.

Her sister's husband is a police officer who has studied in France, returned to his job in Nanning and is currently attempting to get sponsorship to complete a PHD in California. She has her own business but has not traveled abroad. They have no children.

Her brother is a University Professor and he owns multiple retail businesses. She owns her own business and has significant assets. They have two children. Bringing the children with them might be a problem but leaving them behind would add to the compelling reason to return to China. They have not traveled abroad.

My wife's father is a widower who lives with one of his children and is in relatively poor health and retired as a high ranking officer in the People's Army 20 years ago. I doubt he'd get a visitor visa and have no reason to think he wants one.

My point here is that it is wise to look at the totality of circumstances and see if YOU think a reasonable objective person would conclude there is compelling reason to return to China.

214945[/snapback]

Very good points Mike, and the totality of their situation is exactly why I think they would be denied. They have none of the above that you mention. They are very simple, basic Chinese people: retired, modest income, dont own their home, no other children, no assets, never been out of the country, no gov't connection etc. In fact, they are not even 'legal' residents of Shanghai...the family id for Shanghai is in my wifes name.

They have no interest in leaving China and are perfectly content with their life in China, and they have never even expressed interest in visiting America...they ask when we will come to Shanghai to visit them. But, because of their circumstances, they are perfect candidates for denial. That is why I thought of one at a time.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)