:o i got a email from some guy saying that alot of women are not even meeting with there future husbands who did all the leg work does this really happen or someone being mean .. :(

he said that they meet a guy with more and just meet them were ever they land in the usa is this true ???

:blink:

:o i got a email from some guy saying that alot of women are not even meeting with there future husbands who did all the leg work does this really happen or someone being mean .. :( 

he said that they meet a guy with more and just meet them were ever they land in the usa is this true ???

213050[/snapback]

I don't know about what you have heard, but with a K-1 visa the fiancee has 90 days to marry the petitioner after she arrives here, not to just marry anyone she meets. If she does marry someone else, she will most likely be on her way back home to China.

If she only wanted a wild vacation in the US this may work for her; if she was looking for a husband this won't work, unless her new husband returns to China with her.

As you go through this long process, you will hear lots of stories and some of them will even be true. But you found the way to learn what is true, what might be true, and what is ridiculous: you asked right here on this forum.

Best of luck on your journey, the end makes the trip worthwhile.

"I don't know about what you have heard, but with a K-1 visa the fiancee has 90 days to marry the petitioner after she arrives here, not to just marry anyone she meets. If she does marry someone else, she will most likely be on her way back home to China."

There is some truth to the above statement. If you come here on a visa for marriage, and marry someone else. When your current spouse tries to adjust your status, USCIS will require that you go home and come back with correct visa. Now, when you get back to China, will the embassy give you a visa to come back. I personally know of a situation where this accord and the lady overstayed her visa and never married the man she was supposed to. She later got married, had a child and when they went to adjust the status, she had to go home to make things right. She is currently in the philippines processing her paperwork with her 2 year old son.

I have heard of this happening but I don't know of any specific cases. She would be an ilegal alien and would have a hard time finding decent work. A more common scenario would be to follow through with the marriage within 90 days then claim abuse and file to adjust status on her own. All the more reason to really get to know anyone before you marry them.

I did see a young girl who got her P4 for K1 and she told me not to tell her petitioner. I asked why she didn't choose the right person and then leave China. She said she was tired of fooling on internet. It seems to me it's naive and silly to go with a K1 without marrying the petitioner then become an illegal alien and maybe a criminal in the future.

I usually tell my friends "If you think it's not the right person, back to China in 90 days. Never overstay a K1 visa then you won't have problems in the future."

I heard these same stories from my leadership chain in the Army, they of course don't want the soldiers getting married. Now if you feel your woman might do this then I would suggest you spend more time getting to know her or live by your fears and cut your losses.

I'll probably never know what happened in my case. I married 2 weeks after she got here.. then the problems started. She left after six weeks in the US... she is still here(in the US) and i assume she said I abused her (which i didn't), so she could stay here, . the divorce should happen very soon now. She became a different person very quickly after the marriage, maybe she was that person before, i just didnt acknowledge it or want to beleive it and wasn't prepared to deal with it...there was no attempt to fix , she just left . Six weeks of her being here after over a year of promises really "rocked" my world. I know I wasn't perfect, but in hindsight, I see she was an unstable person... I probably shouldn't be too involved in this thread, since my life is moving away from this nightmare. One just never knows what a persons motives are.

New Day please don't leave us hanging. Give us a thread. I remember some but not enough. Unless it is too painfull it could be valuable info for the rest of us.

213330[/snapback]

New Day, you should mention your old ID when you bring this up so the new guys can read up on your story.

-James

New Day please don't leave us hanging. Give us a thread. I remember some but not enough. Unless it is too painfull it could be valuable info for the rest of us.

213330[/snapback]

Not much to say. She came, the first 2 weeks, i was very happy, she said it was perfect also, then when we came home from the honeymoon, the verbal fights began and she started to show her selfishness and I guess maybe I didn't accept it how she thought i should have, It is not so much painful, but still very confusing what happened. but I guess, it was a blessing just the same, she was not worthy to be my wife. she called me a loser once she was gone... a loser?? I don't think so. I treated her like a queen and I now realized she did nothing for me, I didn't care then because I wanted her to be happy, but hindsight made it soooo clear. Maybe I was just a niave man who wanted to be in love and ignored signs, even before we married. that's really it!!! Did I say maybe i was niave? :)

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

213330[/snapback]

New Day, you should mention your old ID when you bring this up so the new guys can read up on your story.

-James

213335[/snapback]

my old id was nygatl15

:o i got a email from some guy saying that alot of women are not even meeting with there future husbands who did all the leg work does this really happen or someone being mean .. :unsure: 

213050[/snapback]

Judge it by yourself, baby! :P