Any News On Rick and Yanlan?

Guest pushbrk
Just sitting here wondering how they did. :)

210007[/snapback]

They go in to find out at 2:30 China time tomorrow or for those in Rio Linda, at 11:30 PM tonight, Pacific Time. :rolleyes:

I got a PM from Rick indicating that he solved the problem with the Bank and now has access to all the money he needs.

Just sitting here wondering how they did. :)

210007[/snapback]

They go in to find out at 2:30 China time tomorrow or for those in Rio Linda, at 11:30 PM tonight, Pacific Time. :rolleyes:

I got a PM from Rick indicating that he solved the problem with the Bank and now has access to all the money he needs.

210015[/snapback]

Great! Finally something positive for him. :ok:

Dear Immigrant Visa applicant:

The consulate is unalble to issue you an immigrant visa because according to the section of the Immigration And Nationality act listed below, you are currently ineligible>

X--221g

Your case needs additional processing. We will advise you when you should return.

I go home to St Louis, and Yanlan goes back to Nanning!

These guys can F!@#$$%$off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)

Oh yea they made her sit there for over 2 hours just to give her the passport back, and the blue slip. She was the very last person in the room. She asked the problem. and they told her to read the blue slip.

I do not think it is any name check because that was not marked on the blue slip. There is a space to be checked if that is a problem.

I really feel for you. I've been watching your situation all day from work, and saying prayers for you. I can't believe the outcome.

As far as I understand you can go in for overcomes as many times as needed, they just keep asking you to bring in more information. Is the blue slip clear as to what else you need to bring in?

Best regards during these hard times.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Oh yea they made her sit there for over 2 hours just to give her the passport back, and the blue slip. She was the very last person in the room. She asked the problem. and they told her to read the blue slip.

I do not think it is any name check because that was not marked on the blue slip. There is a space to be checked if that is a problem.

210142[/snapback]

Rick, I am sorry to hear of this difficulty, but do take heart. I believe the 221g denial is simply an indication that something was missing in the paperwork, and completed improperly. I'm pretty sure you can make another appointment to clear it up.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Rick, you might take a look at this....

Visa Refusals & Requests for Information (221g - 214b)

Section 221(g)

Refusal under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act means that essential information is missing from an application.

In order for an application to be reconsidered it may be necessary to do one of the following:

1. Appear personally for an interview

2. Apply in your consular district, if you had applied elsewhere

3. Submit additional documentation as requested

4. Wait for approved I-129 and I-797 forms from Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS)

5. Wait for the results of additional administrative processing

221g "AIP"

The submission of a visa application through the courier service, in essence, a request that the visa interview is waived. If, after reviewing the application, the officer determines that additional information is required, they will give the applicant a 221(g) refusal and request that the applicant come for a personal interview. In other words, when the officer is not prepared to issue a visa based solely upon the written information submitted with the application, the officer will decline to waive the visa interview. During the interview, the applicant will be asked to respond further to questions regarding the intended purpose of travel, or the applicant's personal ties to his/her country of permanent residence. At this point, the applicant will be unable to receive a visa until he/she applies in person at the Consulate. This rule is the same for all applicants regardless of their social rank or financial situation. "Application Received - U.S. Consulate" will be stamped on the last page of the applicant's passport and "221g" or "AIP" ( apply in person) will be written by hand as well.

Further Documentation for 221(g)

Often 221g indicates that you need to submit more documentation to bolster the information you have already provided. You will be informed at the time of your application/interview what further information is required and be given a chance to resubmitt your application.

1. In order to submit additional documents, individuals refused a visa under Section 221(g) need to reapply for a visa during normal working hours.

2. Applicants may reapply within a twelve-month period without paying a new application fee. After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated under section 203 (e) of the INA.

Dear Immigrant Visa applicant:

The consulate is unalble to issue you an immigrant visa because according to the section of the Immigration And Nationality act listed below, you are currently ineligible>

X--221g

Your case needs additional processing. We will advise you when you should return.

I go home to St Louis, and Yanlan goes back to Nanning!

These guys can F!@#$$%$off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

210138[/snapback]

I'm hoping that the additional processing is name check not being complete and once it is done they will get a call back to bring in their passport.

You need to keep up with DOS concerning the name check.

Rick...I am very sorry to hear this awful news. Please try to regroup and let them know."you only jsut begun to give it hell!" Be strong for Yanlan!! Together you will overcome this set back. Remember strength in numbers.....all your CFL family.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

I'm shocked. I don't know what to say. The only thing I'm thinking is, Rick, at this point, you cannot give up. You are so close to getting that visa. My best wishes for you and Yanlan. You WILL get the visa. :)