Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name ;) We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined! Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together ;)

Any advice for a newbie? I should be filing my I-130 this thursday, and I understand that after I recieve the pending status then I can file the I-129f.

Hope all are doing well!

James

Guest ShaQuaNew
Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name ;)  We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined!  Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together ;) 

Any advice for a newbie?  I should be filing my I-130 this thursday, and I understand that after I recieve the pending status then I can file the I-129f.

Hope all are doing well!

James

208181[/snapback]

Welcome, and congratulations to you both. For advice, go to the links and resources area and read, read, read. There are a number of pinned topics, and an FAQ. Good luck

Welcome to Candle!

I think you will find a lot of vital information and emotional support. As to what to file and when, it has been so long since I was at that stage (2001) that my info is probably not up to date. Still, welcome and hope to hear from both of you. ;)

Welcome to CFL James.

There is a ton of information here for you to read and links to follow. You have come to a great family here at CFL.

This should give you some good reading to start.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k3guide

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...tom&page=guides

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/K3_Fl...art_EN_Rels.htm

Edited to add additional link.

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)

Welcome ..................I know this site will help you tremendously. I'm also a newbie, having just been married in china Feb 28, and submitting an I-130 last week. The advice, "read read read" ..........is right on, because, At long last, all the info will start to make sense.

Hank and Lily

Welcome to CFL. You found the right place for information on the visa process as it relates to China as well as friends to help you endure the long wait. Here is a link to some links that will help you navigate CFL and find the information you need.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16183

Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name :P  We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined!  Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together :) 

Any advice for a newbie?  I should be filing my I-130 this thursday, and I understand that after I recieve the pending status then I can file the I-129f.

Hope all are doing well!

James

208181[/snapback]

Thanks everyone! Yup, I'm reading reading reading, and so is she. It seems less daunting now then when I first looked into it, and I know now to save things like phone bills for later proof of the relationship, definitely something I'm happy to know this early on :)

My wife Ling ling says thanks also and we'll keep in touch :)

James

Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name :)  We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined!  Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together :) 

Hope all are doing well!

James

208181[/snapback]

Welcome. I am also new here, and I hope I can be of some help as things progress.

Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name :angry:  We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined!  Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together :D 

Hope all are doing well!

James

208181[/snapback]

Welcome. I am also new here, and I hope I can be of some help as things progress.

208551[/snapback]

Agape.....Welcome to Candle as well!!! You are helping by continuing to share your ideas and your concerns. Hope to see both of you more on CFL :D

Welcome to the wonderful, challenging and nothing-else-like-it world of Sino-American loves, "Jali".

Once the hoopla of new romance and marriage is behind you, it can come as a shock to realize the visa path ahead.

Most everyone on this site knows more about the in's and out's of visa regulations and such than I do, but I believe I can provide some insight.

The most critical advice anyone can offer is to relax. This process has a lot in common with planting a garden.

It would be extremely frustrating to put tomato seeds in the ground and come out every day to look for tomatoes to eat. It will take many days for them to sprout; many more to grow into sizeable plants, and more time, yet, for them to actually bear fruit. Applying fertilizer in the beginning and watering them regularly will certainly be helpful, but basically, it is a process that takes months.

Your visa is the same. You carefully fill out the forms and applications, make certain all your answers are as truthful as they can be (many "negative" issues can be overcome: falsehoods will haunt you for a very long time), pay the (way too high) fees, and relax.

The average CR-1/K-1 or K-3 visa takes something in the neighborhood of 9 to 13 months.

I remember my own impatience and frustration well. A new application would arrive in my mailbox (always on a Saturday), and I would rush around filling it out and trying to mail it back that day.

It was a waste of time and mental pain.

The best strategy, I believe, is to follow the technical advice offered here on the Candle (but recognizing it is only the opinion of the member who offers it), and accept your tomatoes won't be ready until sometime in the beginning of 2007.

So, why sweat it? Just do your best, document things that matter, and let your relationship continue to develop and unfold as you and your new wife learn more about each other during the dext few months and in what will probably be one or more visits to China for you.

Remember, "a watched pot never boils." Here, many seem to induge in "Cheetos".

Hi guys, my wife and I are new members we will both be sharing this login name :)  We just got married in China on april 11th, and are just now learning the process is more complicated then we ever imagined!  Of course, as we love eachother completely, paperwork won't stop us from being together :) 

Hope all are doing well!

James

208181[/snapback]

Welcome aboard. Hope your journey goes smoothly.

Larry T