Intrview in two days!

Hello all, I'm new here just had a serious concern, hoping i can get an answer here.

My wife Qiu Li has her interview in TWO DAYS 06/20/06

Se arrived in Guangzhou last night.

In speaking with some other person there, she allowed this person to review her case.

Now my wife is freaking out becuase.

This individual told her that what I gave is "prof of my employment"

I gave her my Pay stubb,in the instructions for filling out the Ds230 it simply asked for "proof of employment"! (In the states this means a pay studd yea?)

But this individual has convinced my wife that what i need to have is a Form,a letter from my employer. stating how long ive beenworking there, when i started, what my position is, and all that good stuff....is this true?? strange how when i signed my mortgage they never hasked for job information in so much freakin detail =/ but here they do? plus the DS230 simply says "Proof of employment"?

I really need help on this, im leaving today! I dont know if i have time to have something like this prepared.

Any Infor would be greatly apprecieated!

thanks!

Guest pushbrk
Hello all, I'm new here just had a serious concern, hoping i can get an answer here.

In speaking with some other person there, she allowed this person to review her case.

I gave her my Pay stubb,in the instructions for filling out the Ds230 it simply asked for "proof of employment"! (In the states this means a pay studd yea?)

But this individual has convinced my wife that what i need to have is a Form,a letter from my employer. stating how long ive beenworking there, when i started, what my position is, and all that good stuff....is this true?? strange how when i signed my mortgage they never hasked for job information in so much freakin detail =/ but here they do? plus the DS230 simply says "Proof of employment"?

I really need help on this, im leaving today! I dont know if i have time to have something like this prepared.

thanks!

208023[/snapback]

All these forms confuse many people. The DS 230 doesn't address employment. The I-134 used for the K visas mentions a statement from your employer on business stationery showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid;

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

However, these instructions are labeled "as appropriate" and the form itself is not actually required, per USCONGUZ.

For YOU, who are filing for a CR1 visa (from best I can tell from your posted timeline) the I-864 form is used and required.

However, under "Evidence of current employment or self-employment" the instructions mention "such as a recent pay statement, or a statement from your employer..."

I think based on the above that if you have provided the three years tax returns including copies of W2 forms and a current pay stub, you are in compliance.

I'm curious though, just why, for how much money and whom your wife allowed to review her case.

thanks!

208023[/snapback]

All these forms confuse many people. The DS 230 doesn't address employment. The I-134 used for the K visas mentions a statement from your employer on business stationery showing:

2. Salary paid;

However, these instructions are labeled "as appropriate" and the form itself is not actually required, per USCONGUZ.

For YOU, who are filing for a CR1 visa (from best I can tell from your posted timeline) the I-864 form is used and required.

However, under "Evidence of current employment or self-employment" the instructions mention "such as a recent pay statement, or a statement from your employer..."

I think based on the above that if you have provided the three years tax returns including copies of W2 forms and a current pay stub, you are in compliance.

I'm curious though, just why, for how much money and whom your wife allowed to review her case.

208030[/snapback]

Yes i filed an I-864 TWICE , matter of fact, since the first info i sent her only had till my 2004 taxes. I did a new one recently for my 2005 taxes too, so she has all she needs, plus she has my most recent pay stubb.

And to your question of WHO reviewed her case. in her email she sent me overnight, First thing she told me was "hello my love

house owner helped me to check my paperwork,he is good at it.i know you would say why let stranger check my files, but almost everybody who interview wish him to check. "

Needless to say this does make me somewhat perturbed.

She is staying at some motel near or in the consulate VO building, from what i understand. Till i get there. I wont make it in time for her interview, since i just could not get the days off i needed from work. this was the soonest i could go, but i planned to come back with her.

Now she is telling me this guy...is telling her they will deny her application SIMPLY because she is missing this one thing. a "letter of employment". This seems rather silly to me. But about visa things my wife is pretty much obsessive about it. so i need some definative proof or I can bet she is going to make me delay my flight and get this thing done, copied, faxed, or emailed to her lol. Her mobile phone doesnt seem to work in Guangzhou as i have called her several times trying to get clear information on this (she is from beijing) so i dont have much more specifics other than this guy told her she NEEDS it.

BTW thanks for the quick feedbank so far guys it helps alot!.

And yes it is a CR1 visa.

Guest pushbrk

thanks!

208023[/snapback]

2. Salary paid;

208030[/snapback]

Yes i filed an I-864 TWICE , matter of fact, since the first info i sent her only had till my 2004 taxes. I did a new one recently for my 2005 taxes too, so she has all she needs, plus she has my most recent pay stubb.

And to your question of WHO reviewed her case. in her email she sent me overnight, First thing she told me was "hello my love

house owner helped me to check my paperwork,he is good at it.i know you would say why let stranger check my files, but almost everybody who interview wish him to check. "

She is staying at some motel near or in the consulate VO building, from what i understand. Till i get there. I wont make it in time for her interview, since i just could not get the days off i needed from work. this was the soonest i could go, but i planned to come back with her.

Now she is telling me this guy...is telling her they will deny her application SIMPLY because she is missing this one thing. a "letter of employment". This seems rather silly to me. But about visa things my wife is pretty much obsessive about it. so i need some definative proof or I can bet she is going to make me delay my flight and get this thing done, copied, faxed, or emailed to her lol. Her mobile phone doesnt seem to work in Guangzhou as i have called her several times trying to get clear information on this (she is from beijing) so i dont have much more specifics other than this guy told her she NEEDS it.

208037[/snapback]

There are two reputable "hotels" in the Consulate building that do have good advice available. However, anybody can make a mistake, including a Visa Officer. If it is possible to draft this simple letter, get it signed and take it with you, it's a good idea to do so but it is not technically required, per page 2 of the I-864 instructions which states "such as a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer..."

That's as definitive as it's going to get until your wife gets a red or blue piece of paper at the end of the interview.

The VO is not looking for any little technicality to reject an otherwise valid case. They are looking for terrorism and visa fraud. If you've done the I-864 and provided sufficent indication your wife will not become a public charge, I don't think THIS is going to be your problem if you have one.

thanks!

208023[/snapback]

2. Salary paid;

208030[/snapback]

208037[/snapback]

There are two reputable "hotels" in the Consulate building that do have good advice available. However, anybody can make a mistake, including a Visa Officer. If it is possible to draft this simple letter, get it signed and take it with you, it's a good idea to do so but it is not technically required, per page 2 of the I-864 instructions which states "such as a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer..."

That's as definitive as it's going to get until your wife gets a red or blue piece of paper at the end of the interview.

The VO is not looking for any little technicality to reject an otherwise valid case. They are looking for terrorism and visa fraud. If you've done the I-864 and provided sufficent indication your wife will not become a public charge, I don't think THIS is going to be your problem if you have one.

208040[/snapback]

Hey Mike, thanks so much for explaining this stuff, your the voice of reason i've needed since this whole convoluted completely confusing situation started! lol i appreciate your info bud, and it makes perfect sense to me too. they have my taxes for now the past FOUR years plus my pay stubb (I mailed an original to her for march 30th 3006) just hope this is goign to be enough to convince her. either way my boss said he would fill out a letter of employment, problem is "when he has time" i told him the urgency of the situation. but i cant make him leave his meeting and drop what he is doing JUST for this.

Nonetheless i think we are fine, worse comes to worse i can have him fax it to me or something.

Man I've waited so long for this, and my wife has nearly gone insane having to stay overthere alone, without me, that im almost delerious with stress LOL.

We left absolutely nothing to chance (well except for this) lol.

I think we have a solid case. I've gone and visited her TWIce in less than 10 months, We held a Chinese wedding with her family in july, Even had a wedding video made! we are similar in age (im 28 she is 26),

hundreds of pictures together, she will conduct her interview in English, i mean i can see no reason why they would DENY her. I'm Praying to god im right.

Again thanks so much for the info, ill get that thing faxed to me or email to me so i can print it.

Thanks AGAIN!

BTW: what is the difference between a "blue" slip and a "red" slip?

Guest pushbrk

thanks!

208023[/snapback]

2. Salary paid;

208030[/snapback]

208037[/snapback]

208040[/snapback]

Hey Mike, thanks so much for explaining this stuff, your the voice of reason i've needed since this whole convoluted completely confusing situation started! lol i appreciate your info bud, and it makes perfect sense to me too. they have my taxes for now the past FOUR years plus my pay stubb (I mailed an original to her for march 30th 3006) just hope this is goign to be enough to convince her. either way my boss said he would fill out a letter of employment, problem is "when he has time" i told him the urgency of the situation. but i cant make him leave his meeting and drop what he is doing JUST for this.

Nonetheless i think we are fine, worse comes to worse i can have him fax it to me or something.

Man I've waited so long for this, and my wife has nearly gone insane having to stay overthere alone, without me, that im almost delerious with stress LOL.

We left absolutely nothing to chance (well except for this) lol.

I think we have a solid case. I've gone and visited her TWIce in less than 10 months, We held a Chinese wedding with her family in july, Even had a wedding video made! we are similar in age (im 28 she is 26),

hundreds of pictures together, she will conduct her interview in English, i mean i can see no reason why they would DENY her. I'm Praying to god im right.

Again thanks so much for the info, ill get that thing faxed to me or email to me so i can print it.

Thanks AGAIN!

BTW: what is the difference between a "blue" slip and a "red" slip?

208046[/snapback]

You want red. That means she passed. Blue means they want more information submitted for their review before they approve the Visa.

The letter is very simple. Why don't you draft it including only exactly what is required, print it and hand it to him to sign when he walks out of his meeting. Then you can just take it with you. It needs his original signature, so email isn't going to work. Fax, might.

Just write:

Date

US Department of Homeland Security

To whom it may concern:

John Doe began employment at XYZ Corporation on Date. His title or work description is flunky number two. His annual salary is "too much". His employment classification is full time permanent.

Sincerely,

Bill Smith, Chief letter signer

The full time permanent sentence is optional. Everybody knows you can be layed off or fired tomorrow anyway. This just means you aren't seasonal.

I would like to add something here - especially for all the newbies out there. It is best to never discuss your case with anybody!!! Period. It is best to ask your SO to keep these matters very close to home and not share anymore than needed with anybody - even close friends.

As long as she has the I-864 and copies of your most recent tax returns you should be OK.  You could ask the boss to give you the employment letter on company letter head and fax it to her.

208052[/snapback]

Yea i can do that, but i wont make it in time for her interview. Think if i have my boss sign it, i then scan it and mail it so Li can print it will be ok?

It will look better than a fax and clearer.

get the letter for peace of mind for your Laopo as well as the "last piece of the puzzle" its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it...

good luck

Hey man, why dont you call your boss and see if he will compose a letter, sign it then fax it to you. if you have somewhere you can recieve a fax. I mean, for last notice on something like that, I dont know. Do like they said, just keep a straight face and deal with it if it comes up. Also about the fax, the rules strickly say, unless we ask for orignials you need only send copies. So fax is a copy right?

RELAX! I don't know what you NEED, but I would rather err on the have too much side.

Bring as much proof as possible..a few pay stubs, employment offer letter, letter from someone high up in company, etc...

Every case is different...who knows the magic answer..just remember..

proper, prior, planning prevents profoundly poor performance..

:huh:

Rob