110 days in name check delay. Doesn't matter who I talk to, no one can tell me what the delay is. DOS tells me that GUZ should forward an email to security clearance. GUZ tells me that they "will follow up the namecheck for visa applicant if necessary."

Well at what point does it become necessary? 150 days? 200 days? 5 yrs from now?

Sorry for the rant. I just hate it when I have no control over something like this. And no one can help. I'm tired of talking to people that only have the ability to look at a computer and say the same thing over and over again. Can't anyone pick up the case and give me an answer? Hello? Are you listening GUZ?

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Guest ShaQuaNew

One of the most difficult parts of this process is the fact that there is just no-one with whom we can call to get real information and accurate updates while waiting for our major milestones. The time for each one of us between these milestones varies greatly. One can get a general idea about how long things will take for each stage by comparing various timelines during the past year, but that's all you'll get. A general idea.

If you look back about 7-8 months ago, most were expecting 10-13 months for a K1 to be processed. Recently, we've seen a few come through in half that time, but certainly only a few, and far from enough to consider that anything at all has sped up at GUZ.

To the contrary, there appears to be a slow-down at GUZ right now, confirmed by GUZ stating that there has been an 80% increase in applications this past year, with NO increase in GUZ staffing. That fact in itself is very telling.

I agree that it's frustrating, VERY. Questions to any official will be met with the standard answers stating that something we've observed taking 6-8 weeks is processing in 90-120 days.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Thx for the reply ShaQuaNew.

Sure would be nice if someone in the inside, such as GUZ speaks, could check on the reason for these GUZ delays on individual case.  Of course I know he or she cannot and will not do that.  Can't hurt wishing. :sosad:

207635[/snapback]

I posted a question to GUZ a few weeks ago asking them to confirm whether something was going on there that was slowing things down. While I appreciate that GUZ is there, they are VERY careful not to confirm or deny whether they are having problems. Questions are met with the standard reply of "each case is different." Well, duh. I think we all know if any customer based business that was dependent upon word-of-mouth would fail in a week with such customer treatment. Yes, this is the way that we, Americans, and our families are treated. Is it okay? Hell NO!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17023

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Thx for the reply ShaQuaNew.

Sure would be nice if someone in the inside, such as GUZ speaks, could check on the reason for these GUZ delays on individual case.  Of course I know he or she cannot and will not do that.  Can't hurt wishing. :sosad:

207635[/snapback]

I posted a question to GUZ a few weeks ago asking them to confirm whether something was going on there that was slowing things down. While I appreciate that GUZ is there, they are VERY careful not to confirm or deny whether they are having problems. Questions are met with the standard reply of "each case is different." Well, duh. I think we all know if any customer based business that was dependent upon word-of-mouth would fail in a week with such customer treatment. Yes, this is the way that we, Americans, and our families are treated. Is it okay? Hell NO!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17023

207639[/snapback]

I even emailed Department of State thinking that maybe someone could try something different to check on our clearance. They emailed me back and told me to call 1-202-663-1225. :sosad:

luvmyli,

I can relate, I am still waiting for my lao po security clearance to finish. I agree it is totally frustrating. Even after calling dos repeatedly, visiting w/my congressman, and writing my senators we are still waiting. I talked to dos today and they said is should be done real soon. As of late the only confirmation of forward progress is dos told me today the 1st security clearance is done.

I'm assuming by looking at your timeline and mine guz requested additional screening for both our cases.

Hopefully we will both hear some good news soon.

eeyore

Edited by eeyore (see edit history)
luvmyli,

I can relate, I am still waiting for my lao po security clearance to finish. I agree it is totally frustrating. Even after calling dos repeatedly, visiting w/my congressman, and writing my senators we are still waiting. I talked to dos today and they said is should be done real soon. As of late the only confirmation of forward progress is dos told me today the 1st security clearance is done.

I'm assuming by looking at your timeline and mine guz requested additional screening for both our cases.  

eeyore

207662[/snapback]

nathalie509..... I'm sorry to hear about your lack of any time of good news. I hope you hear something very soon. Good luck.

eeyore.....It does suck not being about to talk to someone that can give better information. We all deserve answers. 6 months, 1 yr, 2 yrs. We all have different timelines. But what we all have in common is the love we have for our women that we are committed to spending our life with. Our SO's deserve and answer just as much as we do.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)
I have been waiting for 5 months now... :(

I emailed my senator a couple of times, called them and left messages but no one has got back to me...:(

It looks like there's nothing I can do but wait...

207660[/snapback]

Hello,

You should go to your representatives local office and talk to the person directly that handles immigration inquiries. Get a commitment for a status back from them. I have all these addresses and phone numbers ready in case I hit a glitch.

-James

I have been waiting for 5 months now... :(

I emailed my senator a couple of times, called them and left messages but no one has got back to me...:(

It looks like there's nothing I can do but wait...

207660[/snapback]

Hello,

You should go to your representatives local office and talk to the person directly that handles immigration inquiries. Get a commitment for a status back from them. I have all these addresses and phone numbers ready in case I hit a glitch.

-James

207670[/snapback]

I ran into something so completly mind boggling, so far off from right field , calling DOS today. The kindly woman told me, "oh I remember you, and im really sorry there is still no interview scheduled. I'm very sorry this is taking so long" OMG I actually called a person with a heart. B.J. I love ya =)

As of late the only confirmation of forward progress is dos told me today the 1st security clearance is done.

eeyore

EEYORE: This looks like good news! At least they acknowledge they have done something!!!!

It must be especially painful considering that you started 4 months after we did and my lao po has been here over a year. I feel bad for you but I am helpless like the rest of us.

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

Don't let up, contact your Senator and Congressman, call DOS everyday, write to them!!

Do not take the adversarial approach, after all we do need them to complete the process. I wrote to the President...... and got a response..

Good Luck

Don't let up, contact your Senator and Congressman, call DOS everyday, write to them!!

Do not take the adversarial approach, after all we do need them to complete the process.  I wrote to the President...... and got a response..

Good Luck

207678[/snapback]

Hanli after I read that you wrote the whitehouse and the whitehouse wrote DOS, I went ahead and skipped the WH and wrote directly to DOS. That's when they told me to call the usual 1225 number that we always call.

I will give it a bit more time before I write the White house. I almost feel like it's a waste of time contacting these people. They don't care about us at all.

Do not take the adversarial approach, after all we do need them to complete the process.   I wrote to the President...... and got a response..

Good Luck

207678[/snapback]

Hanli after I read that you wrote the whitehouse and the whitehouse wrote DOS, I went ahead and skipped the WH and wrote directly to DOS. That's when they told me to call the usual 1225 number that we always call.

I will give it a bit more time before I write the White house. I almost feel like it's a waste of time contacting these people. They don't care about us at all.

207689[/snapback]

An inquiry to DOS from the White House is much more powerful than yours....

why wait?

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)

Do not take the adversarial approach, after all we do need them to complete the process.   I wrote to the President...... and got a response..

Good Luck

207678[/snapback]

207689[/snapback]

An inquiry to DOS from the White House is much more powerful than yours....

why wait?

207691[/snapback]

Your right.........would that be the main WH address? Or is it a special address for a different section of the WH? And I assume your talking about a hand written letter? (snail mail)