Interview cancelled

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I think Guz read my messages here. They called this morning and said that we can do the interview on the 20th but the visas won't be issued until the name check is redone. A little progress!!. Amazingly enough Nanning airport called and my luggage is supposed to arrive tonight at 6pm, current time in Nanning is 9:17am. both the phones are ringing off the hook today over yesterdays events. Idid send an email to King to see what he has to say if he will give any free advise about this.

Well just wanted to update the update for everyone.

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Great news! Looks like luck is turning to your favor now. Good luck at the interview.

Rick, any chance she (or someone at GUZ) could've entered the mm/dd/yyyy as dd/mm/yyyy ?  Our system (mm/dd) seems to differ from most of the world.  [Remember, I'm often wrong.]

206281[/snapback]

anything is possible!!!! Last night I thought we were completly dead in the water, now we have a least one paddle!!

Rick and Yanlan

well, I think Guz read my messages here. They called this morning and said that we can do the interview on the 20th but the visas won't be issued until the name check is redone. A little progress!!. Amazingly enough Nanning airport called and my luggage is supposed to arrive tonight at 6pm, current time in Nanning is 9:17am. both the phones are ringing off the hook today over yesterdays events. Idid send an email to King to see what he has to say if he will give any free advise about this.

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Sounds like some progress, who knows the name check might just catch up with the interview and surprise you.

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Glad to hear the good news about the interview and your luggage!! Your luck has turned... hang in there and best of luck on the interview!!

Yes, I think your luck has turned your way! Just smile and be happy for where you are and who you are with. I am glad that GUZ will proceed with the interview, that is good. I hope you get good news on the tickets too.

-James

Rick, I know you can turn this negative into a postive outcome. I would like to offer to send an email to your travel agency. I kind of know the lady in charge there and I have corresponded with her many times. I can at least ask her if she can do something for you. I will be more than glad to do that for you. You'll be fine, Rick. :huh:

Rick, I know you can turn this negative into a postive outcome.  I would like to offer to send an email to your travel agency.  I kind of know the lady in charge there and I have corresponded with her many times.  I can at least ask her if she can do something for you.  I will be more than glad to do that for you.  You'll be fine, Rick.  :huh:

206317[/snapback]

I feel adventerous right now. any help would be much appreceiated. As I was taking to Guz today it sounded like Yanlan will be able to go home with me, but Lulu will need to stay until her name check again. I am not for sure about this. But that is what it sounded like. I will stand corrected is someone else knows better about this. My worry is Lulus medical is in the same package as her mothers. So my thinking is both will have to wait for the 3rd name check.

Hope someone else can shed some light on this.

So I must wait to see if both tickets need to be reschedaled or just one.

Rick and Yanlan

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Very, very, very sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations in starting your new life. Two things, try not to get angry - or, if you do, don't let it show, and 2) it sounds as if there are some good, positive things happening in the midst of all the negative. Do try to keep positive and stay cool - that way, you can think this out. Fortunately, you have good friends on CLF who genuinely care about you and your situation. And, thankfully, there are a few here who have given you good, solid suggestions to follow. But more importantly, remember, we all care about you and want to see your success - good things are going to happen.

Wheel Man

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Very, very, very sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations in starting your new life. Two things, try not to get angry - or, if you do, don't let it show, and 2) it sounds as if there are some good, positive things happening in the midst of all the negative. Do try to keep positive and stay cool - that way, you can think this out. Fortunately, you have good friends on CLF who genuinely care about you and your situation. And, thankfully, there are a few here who have given you good, solid suggestions to follow. But more importantly, remember, we all care about you and want to see your success - good things are going to happen.

Wheel Man

206324[/snapback]

I am not mad, just confused, bewildered, lost. Trying to figure out the correct moves and when that's all.

Rick and Yanlan

Since we have recieved permission to go to the interview anyway now. Yanlan is wondering if the 2 medicals can be seperated, by an offical at Guz or a medical offical. Yanlan wants to come to the USA and Lulu can follow later, after the name check is done again. I can't give her this answer. My knowlege is pretty shallow about this. It seems to me it is a done deal once sealed. Anyone know more?

rick and Yanlan

Wow, what a roller coaster. I was steaming mad for you, ready to help knock down some doors with ya. Then some hope with GUZ chiming in. I really cant stand when other peoples mistakes mess with your life so badly. Good luck and hang in there.

Since we have recieved permission to go to the interview anyway now. Yanlan is wondering if the 2 medicals can be seperated, by an offical at Guz or a medical offical. Yanlan wants to come to the USA and Lulu can follow later, after the name check is done again. I can't give her this answer. My knowlege is pretty shallow about this. It seems to me it is a done deal once sealed. Anyone know more?

rick and Yanlan

206341[/snapback]

At the interview they will open and seperate the paperwork for each of them. At the end of the interview your wife may need to request that they process her's now and provide a method of contact for your daughter if it will not be the same.

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Rick, I think this is very good news. It sounds like both Yanlan and Lulu can be interviewed together and that GUZ will issue Lulu's visa when then namecheck is completed. I'm assuming that GUZ would issue Yanlan's visa after the interview, but I'm a little unclear about that from your post.

If my assumption is correct, it also sounds like this is shaping up to be a "follow to join" situation, so I would make sure that GUZ knows this. In this way, they should take care of the paperwork separation if it's required.

Just a couple of dates to remember. Once a visa is issued, the beneficiary has six months to use it. So, if Yanlan gets her visa after the interview, she can wait for up to six months before having to come to the US if she wants to wait for Lulu to get hers. The other date is a one year date meaning that Lulu has up to one year to get her visa after her mom's.

Since Lulu is 18, she may be old enough to travel on her own. If you feel comfortable with this, you and Yanlan can return to the US as planned, and Lulu can come when she gets her visa. Of course, if you want, after marriage and AOS filing, Yanlan can apply for AP and return to China to accompany her daughter to the US.

Good luck.