Interview cancelled

Wow, what a roller coaster.  I was steaming mad for you, ready to help knock down some doors with ya.  Then some hope with GUZ chiming in.  I really cant stand when other peoples mistakes mess with your life so badly.  Good luck and hang in there.

206382[/snapback]

King said even if it is their mistake the name check will take place anyway can't avoid it!! Thanks for the back up though!!!

It's not over yet, today has just ended and tomorrow will be different!

rick and Yanlan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we have recieved permission to go to the interview anyway now. Yanlan is wondering if the 2 medicals can be seperated, by an offical at Guz or a medical offical. Yanlan wants to come to the USA and Lulu can follow later, after the name check is done again. I can't give her this answer. My knowlege is pretty shallow about this. It seems to me it is a done deal once sealed. Anyone know more?

rick and Yanlan

206341[/snapback]

At the interview they will open and seperate the paperwork for each of them. At the end of the interview your wife may need to request that they process her's now and provide a method of contact for your daughter if it will not be the same.

206394[/snapback]

thanks Lee

Yanlan likes this idea best. Lulu is old enough to travel on her own and this gives her a chance to finish the school season here in Nanning. This whole week has been a double edged sword!!

Got the luggage today, 4 hours after the time they told us. Nothing missing but the lock was cut off and everything was soaking wet. Good thing I only had some cloths and shoes and bathroom things and a bag of cashews. Gave up the cheetoes, I started turning orange!!!

When this is over I am going to put a good one on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick and Yanlan

hopeing the 20th is a good day~~~~~ :lol:

What a difference 24 hours can make. I am very glad to hear that things are going so much better now for you. It sounds like you now have a much more clear path in front of you. Best of luck to you, and to Yanlan on the 20th, I will have a prayer said for you that night on the 19th (your 20th China time).

Mike and Rong

What a difference 24 hours can make. I am very glad to hear that things are going so much better now for you. It sounds like you now have a much more clear path in front of you. Best of luck to you, and to Yanlan on the 20th, I will have a prayer said for you that night on the 19th (your 20th China time).

Mike and Rong

206416[/snapback]

Good job turning things around . I could empathize with you on this one.....

well, I think Guz read my messages here. They called this morning and said that we can do the interview on the 20th but the visas won't be issued until the name check is redone. A little progress!!. Amazingly enough Nanning airport called and my luggage is supposed to arrive tonight at 6pm, current time in Nanning is 9:17am. both the phones are ringing off the hook today over yesterdays events. Idid send an email to King to see what he has to say if he will give any free advise about this.

Well just wanted to update the update for everyone.

Rick and Yanlan

206279[/snapback]

Rick, I think this is very good news. It sounds like both Yanlan and Lulu can be interviewed together and that GUZ will issue Lulu's visa when then namecheck is completed. I'm assuming that GUZ would issue Yanlan's visa after the interview, but I'm a little unclear about that from your post.

If my assumption is correct, it also sounds like this is shaping up to be a "follow to join" situation, so I would make sure that GUZ knows this. In this way, they should take care of the paperwork separation if it's required.

Just a couple of dates to remember. Once a visa is issued, the beneficiary has six months to use it. So, if Yanlan gets her visa after the interview, she can wait for up to six months before having to come to the US if she wants to wait for Lulu to get hers. The other date is a one year date meaning that Lulu has up to one year to get her visa after her mom's.

Since Lulu is 18, she may be old enough to travel on her own. If you feel comfortable with this, you and Yanlan can return to the US as planned, and Lulu can come when she gets her visa. Of course, if you want, after marriage and AOS filing, Yanlan can apply for AP and return to China to accompany her daughter to the US.

Good luck.

206395[/snapback]

Because GUZ is handling this as a special case, there might not be a standard procedure, therefore easy to make mistakes (when seperating documents and re-filing for your SO and stepdaughter's cases.

I suggest that you write a simple, clear note for your SO to take with her to the interview, explaining the situation. It can also serve as a reminder for the visa officer as to what might need to be done later for stepdaughter's interview.

Consider that the VO might not have much time reading this note, it would be better in a form of an itemized list.

Well, the trip to Guz was fun on the train. Got to see China from the ground this time instead of the air. Yanlan and I left Wed to go see the wize men. Went to Tian Yu got a room for the day and relaxed. Giot ready and walked aroun the corner and went to the 5th floor just to find out it is EASTER!!! They are off for the day. No citizens hour today. So it turns out we spe the money, effort and time that could have been better spent doing other thing,for nothing. But I did get to see China with my fiancee! Just got home about 5am China time,just a couple of hours ago.. Our interview is next Thursday,so we are going into this blind. I hope I have my ducks in a row here. I have a feeling we are going to need everything. I do mean everything. This whole adventure from the itime I left St Louis has been full of road blocks, black holes, fine print, red tape, no sleep. Not to sound negitive but I think the blue slip is coming next. I have to leave the 27th with or with out her and Lulu. No choice. I am burned out!!!!!!!!! Very tired. As Yanlans you are blue I and blue.

Rick and Yanlan

Well, the trip to Guz was fun on the train. Got to see China from the ground this time instead of the air. Yanlan and I left Wed to go see the wize men. Went to Tian Yu got a room for the day and relaxed. Giot ready and walked aroun the corner and went to the 5th floor just to find out it is EASTER!!! They are off for the day. No citizens hour today. So it turns out we spe the money, effort and time that could have been better spent doing other thing,for nothing. But I did get to see China with my fiancee! Just got home about 5am China time,just a couple of hours ago.. Our interview is next Thursday,so we are going into this blind. I hope I have my ducks in a row here. I have a feeling we are going to need everything. I do mean everything. This whole adventure from the itime I left St Louis has been full of road blocks, black holes, fine print, red tape, no sleep. Not to sound negitive but I think the blue slip is coming next. I have to leave the 27th with or with out her and Lulu. No choice. I am burned out!!!!!!!!! Very tired. As Yanlans you are blue I and blue.

Rick and Yanlan

207149[/snapback]

Rick, you have done what you had to do. You are hanging in there like a champ. PhilB always says, "fight the fight" and that's exactly what you are doing. I feel that this will have a good outcome. Put everything together and go get this thing resolved. My good wishes are with you both.

Ron :wacko: :lol: :P :D

Rick, hang in there...

good luck