Does Money Really Talk in the Visa Process?

Hello Friends:

When I first came to CFL I read hundreds of posts about how to get through the visa process and get your SO's visa. I learned that when filing the I-129F, for example, you had to show proof that you had met your SO. That would require at least one trip for the visit. A lot of money for some. I read about petitioners hiring lawyers, buying their SO's computers, setting them up with bank accounts, making 8, 10, a dozen more trips to visit, and on and on it went. I realized then that many petitioners are very wealthy and can do these things. I also read that many, like myself, have moderate incomes and cannot afford these things. I am not jealous of those who can afford it; I say, more power to them. However, my question, I guess, is --does money buy the visa? Do the richer USC's get their visas faster and easier than those of us who have more moderate financial situations? Just wondering.

Hello Friends:

When I first came to CFL I read hundreds of posts about how to get through the visa process and get your SO's visa.  I learned that when filing the I-129F, for example, you had to show proof that you had met your SO.  That would require at least one trip for the visit.  A lot of money for some. I read about petitioners hiring lawyers, buying their SO's computers, setting them up with bank accounts, making 8, 10, a dozen more trips to visit, and on and on it went.  I realized then that many petitioners are very wealthy and can do these things.  I also read that many, like myself, have moderate incomes and cannot afford these things.  I am not jealous of those who can afford it; I say, more power to them.  However, my question, I guess, is --does money buy the visa?  Do the richer USC's get their visas faster and easier than those of us who have more moderate financial situations?  Just wondering.

202932[/snapback]

Certainly a lot of guys have gotten their SO's visa with only one visit to China but no doubt more visits can help. All of the other things you mention are not really necessities. I bet that Ivy knows how to be really frugal and do things by not spending a lot of money and you can be creative about it all and do that too. Actually I think those with more modest bankrolls can have more problems after your SO is here if she is not willing to accept your circumstances and yearns for more... :wub:

Hello Friends:

When I first came to CFL I read hundreds of posts about how to get through the visa process and get your SO's visa.  I learned that when filing the I-129F, for example, you had to show proof that you had met your SO.  That would require at least one trip for the visit.  A lot of money for some. I read about petitioners hiring lawyers, buying their SO's computers, setting them up with bank accounts, making 8, 10, a dozen more trips to visit, and on and on it went.  I realized then that many petitioners are very wealthy and can do these things.  I also read that many, like myself, have moderate incomes and cannot afford these things.  I am not jealous of those who can afford it; I say, more power to them.  However, my question, I guess, is --does money buy the visa?  Do the richer USC's get their visas faster and easier than those of us who have more moderate financial situations?  Just wondering.

202932[/snapback]

Moderate income? Wow, you seem rich in the eyes of an average Chinese woman!

One trip or two trips to China is ok for visa application provided you got pictures taken.

Too many remittance slips will cause suspection for your source of finance.

Cases vary, but most of the ways lead to Rome.

I can only guess and say that  a VO would be less suspicious of a two way fraud (Beneficiary paying off the petitioner), if the petitioner has  good income.

202959[/snapback]

In other words, they will be VERY suspicious if you seem to not be able (or barely able) to afford the travel.

The only thing I can tell you is that all of my trips, except the first one,

have been well planned.

You can do 10 - 14 days for about $1500 if you put some effort

into your planning.

Plan and start searching for the best prices six months in advance.

I pick several flight options and check the prices everyday (every two hours) and make my purchase about 90 days in advance.

Same thing with the hotels and book at least 60 days in advance.

You will have to make email inquiries before deciding on the best price.

Strech your airfare payment over 3 months before you leave and

your hotel over 2 months upon your return.

It doesn't put much of a dent in your savings.

Since I have automatic bill payments and direct deposit, life

goes on while I'm on vacation and have no surprises when I return.

Hello Friends:

202932[/snapback]

Certainly a lot of guys have gotten their SO's visa with only one visit to China but no doubt more visits can help. All of the other things you mention are not really necessities. I bet that Ivy knows how to be really frugal and do things by not spending a lot of money and you can be creative about it all and do that too. Actually I think those with more modest bankrolls can have more problems after your SO is here if she is not willing to accept your circumstances and yearns for more... :unsure:

202956[/snapback]

Roger, you are right about my SO being frugal. She can stretch a dollar a lot further than I can. I don't believe she is the kind that would go on a spending spree over here. She grew up poor and works 12 hour days so she appreciates a few more dollars to spend. In my post, I didn't mean to imply that I am poor. I have a government job and can certainly afford to bring her over here. However, I am not in the income bracket which would enable me to fly back and forth several times. I do plan to go back when she has her interview, at least for moral support. I know that will require flying from Nanning to GUZ and back. I'll face that when I get to it. Thanks everyone for replies. Maybe others would like to give their opinions as well.

Hello Friends:

202932[/snapback]

Certainly a lot of guys have gotten their SO's visa with only one visit to China but no doubt more visits can help. All of the other things you mention are not really necessities. I bet that Ivy knows how to be really frugal and do things by not spending a lot of money and you can be creative about it all and do that too. Actually I think those with more modest bankrolls can have more problems after your SO is here if she is not willing to accept your circumstances and yearns for more... :unsure:

202956[/snapback]

Roger, you are right about my SO being frugal. She can stretch a dollar a lot further than I can. I don't believe she is the kind that would go on a spending spree over here. She grew up poor and works 12 hour days so she appreciates a few more dollars to spend. In my post, I didn't mean to imply that I am poor. I have a government job and can certainly afford to bring her over here. However, I am not in the income bracket which would enable me to fly back and forth several times. I do plan to go back when she has her interview, at least for moral support. I know that will require flying from Nanning to GUZ and back. I'll face that when I get to it. Thanks everyone for replies. Maybe others would like to give their opinions as well.

203012[/snapback]

You guys don't have to fly from NanNing to GUZ and back, you can always take the train - and since you will be together it will be fun ... quick, well no and overnight yes, but fun. Toot toot, Wheel Man

Hello Friends:

202932[/snapback]

Certainly a lot of guys have gotten their SO's visa with only one visit to China but no doubt more visits can help. All of the other things you mention are not really necessities. I bet that Ivy knows how to be really frugal and do things by not spending a lot of money and you can be creative about it all and do that too. Actually I think those with more modest bankrolls can have more problems after your SO is here if she is not willing to accept your circumstances and yearns for more... :greenblob:

202956[/snapback]

203012[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat as you, RLS. I believe I have the ability to support my SO once she gets here. If not, I can always get a second job.

However, frequent trips to China are definitely not in my budget, so its good to hear that so many people are scoring on one or two trips.

Not really. At least there is no correlation that I've seen.

202935[/snapback]

I would agree completely Don, except in the case of Yao Ming. Seems the Houston Rockets were able to get things moving pretty fast in his case. :)

All in all, though, I don't think money has that much to do with it.

202935[/snapback]

I would agree completely Don, except in the case of Yao Ming. Seems the Houston Rockets were able to get things moving pretty fast in his case. :)

203192[/snapback]

You're correct. Money doesn't have anything to do with it. They treat everyone equally badly.

202935[/snapback]

203192[/snapback]

You're correct. Money doesn't have anything to do with it. They treat everyone equally badly.

203194[/snapback]

You make a very astute and accurate point Orrin!

The only thing I can tell you is that all of my trips, except the first one,

have been well planned.

You can do 10 - 14 days for about $1500 if you put some effort

into your planning.

Plan and start searching for the best prices six months in advance.

I pick several flight options and check the prices everyday (every two hours) and make my purchase about 90 days in advance.

Same thing with the hotels and book at least 60 days in advance.

You will have to make email inquiries before deciding on the best price.

Strech your airfare payment over 3 months before you leave and

your hotel over 2 months upon your return.

It doesn't put much of a dent in your savings.

Since I have automatic bill payments and direct deposit, life

goes on while I'm on vacation and have no surprises when I return.

202990[/snapback]

How about skip paying the hotel, and just live with your SO.

That'll save you a bundle!

202935[/snapback]

I would agree completely Don, except in the case of Yao Ming. Seems the Houston Rockets were able to get things moving pretty fast in his case. :angry:

203192[/snapback]

203194[/snapback]

Hahah, funny! Good one...

Okay, back to the topic. Nope, I don't think money has much to do with the outcome for most people, in terms of speeding up the processing times at the consulates. But having money does make it easier for you to get through tough times and the wait. You can fly over to see your baby anytime you miss her, or take time off work to be with her. So in a way, money does help, but not with the interview times.